Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Handheld use of the P3P gimbal

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Angel, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Angel

2. rockydog

3. Angel

So, has the drone a video output to connect the DJI pro app to?.

4. rockydog

No...you have to your phone connected to the controller to get the video signal. If you want to mount your phone on the carrying handle for the drone, you'll need to sling the controller round your neck and use a longer cable from the controller to your phone.

5. Rasit

The first link has the phone holder attached to the carrying handle. That's why it cost more $$.

6. rockydog

I may be wrong, but I think that's for illustration purposes ....they expect you to take the holder off your controller and mount it on the arm. If you're thinking of buying one, it would be worth checking with vendor to see if the device holder is included.

7. Bambola

I have one and love it, I bought a second iPad holder so it is permanently mounted.
    It is a little clumsy having the remote around your neck and gimbals control on one hand and phantom in the other but does give some really smooth footage.
    It is nicely made and easily adjustable.

8. 4wd

4wd

I felt you could just hold the phantom or make a sling out of cord?
    Gimbals for gopro and similar cameras are generating interest and you are looking at almost half the cost of a phantom to do that - in addition to the gopro - so the hand held idea is interesting.

9. ScopeTech

I have one of these; I've tried mounting the bracket (a spare) as shown but ended up just using one of my spare smartphones on the remote instead of my tablet, and walking around with the remote hanging from its lanyard around my neck and in one hand while holding the handheld mount in the other. Once you get the hang of it is actually not a bad way to do it as you can hold the P3 up high and in awkward directions while still seeing the screen view. I've shot two properties combining exterior aerial views and interior handheld views and its working out as I anticipated.

10. shockwave199

Actually that's cool. Only UK?