h3d 2d /3d or similar gimbal

Cloud cats?

It was up in the hills so it might have been mountain lion clouds.... :shock:

I have found if you use thicker velcro you do not need the plastic sheet spacer.

so just velcro on gimbal plate and back of camera.

That is a lot better and also it moves the centre of gravity back into the gimbal which is better.

Thanks.

Maybe this Sunday I'll be in shape to fly.

I do have a question though about these gimbals. Since I want to get it up and running fast and I wont be using the tilt down for a while, can the downward tilt be adjusted? For now I just want a typical FC40 cam tilt without RC adjustment.

I'll get a tilt lever sometime though.

Greetings,
I got mine, velcroed a rectangle to the backplate, stuck a square of velcro on the FC40 camera.

Hooked up power to the balance plug on a battery. I get movement after it has initialized, but it keeps vibrating. Tries to maintain angles but not quiet. So, should I try and add weight somehow? Or mess with the tiny settings trims?

Robinb, did you have isssues with your FC40 cam?

It sounds like the balance is not quite right.

try to add a few grams to back of gimbal to help it a little. Probably the weight a little to far forward.
is the back of camera touching the gimbal plate ?

The only issue i have with the camera is one of the gimbal bushings broke and giving me jello, new better quality set arriving monday.

Attachments

• DSCF3711 copy.jpg
    DSCF3711 copy.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 299
Hey Robinb

Big thick super sticky velcro black stuff I got. It as close to the back as it can be. Squished it down and its really pretty solid. I'd trust it as long as I gave it a squeeze now and then to make sure.

I checked weights. the FC40 is 36 grams, the Hero3 is 73. Alomst a dif, of half more. And that adds up to about Oz.+1/3 or 1.3 oz (or just 37 grams), so yeah thats a bunch. Guess I'll try some sheet lead I know where to get.

Odd your's worked well but, good for you. I'll be in touch soon, no time to work on it 4 a few days.

Have a good one!

robinb said:

try to add a few grams to back of gimbal to help it a little. Probably the weight a little to far forward.

The only issue i have with the camera is one of the gimbal bushings broke and giving me jello, new better quality set arriving monday.

So what did you order now?

2014fc40 said:
robinb said:

So what did you order now?

Gimbal balls or bushing, got several different types.

So you're saying Walkera has replaceable bushings? And they are actually availible? Awesome.

BTW, I haven't put in my 5k pot yet, Ive been working on soldring up the power cable and tilt plug.

Which one of the 6 pins does the tilt plug (to Naza) go on? Is it Port side forward (from underneath)?

yes, they came from original seller of gimbal and marked up as walkera and in walkera packaging.

i would need to check on pins but thinks its the one next to key slot or was it the other way round ?

Gracias Robinb!. I should have some time this week to open up the FC40 and make my connections to Naza/power.

I did the transmitter with the pots/knobs that IIVII recommended from Ebay. Worked like a champ.

So now it's just the internal connections...

You only need to run 1 wire from the naza to the gimbal (the control wire)

the power can come from the 2 wires just poking out of one leg.

Just used the connectors that came with the gimbal and extended the wires.

Is the h3 2d plug and play with the fc40? Or does it require installation/soldering?

The leads that come with the gimbal are not long enough.

I added about 10 cm to each lead, and yes I soldered and used heat shrink on the wires.
The other thing to make it neater I wired the soldered the extension wire directly into the plug.

The only other installation required is to activate the pitch control in the software when drone is connected to the computer.

Well dang,

I thought I'd finished. Got it buttoned back up and tried out the tilt control. No-go.

Gimbal is working fine (except for tilt from knob)-power is wired directly.
Accessory lead goes from Naza bottom left into the 2D plugged onto the PIT pin closest to the key slot.
I went into the RC software, enabled the control. New knob on transmitter tests from -1000/1000.

I don't have to tell NAZA anything do I?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl