GUI Version of DatConverter

what is current status of decoded columns?
is there any chance that there is column in DAT and it's not yet in CSV?

for example, I am looking for the pitch value of the gimbal (angle of the view) - this column is in TXT log
in CSV from your tool there are columns Gimbal: Pitch and Gimbal: Xpitch, but they show something totally different

also, could you please add columns with home point information (latitude, longitude, altitude) ?
thanks in advance

I was unable to open CSV file via HD...Tried SR 1, 2 and 10.
HealthyDrones can't accept DatCon generated .csv files. Dashware is a popular choice for visualizing the .csv. Go here to get the necessary stuff to do this. Another choice is to use the Excel plot package.

There is a new beta version (2.2.8) for those interested in testing it. The new beta version can be obtained by going here. There are a few bug fixes, a few new columns, and a re-arrangement of the .csv columns to make it easier to find things. But, mostly this beta is a re-architecting of DatCon internals. This was long overdue and should make it easier to maintain. Please report any bugs either here, via a PM, or email to [email protected].

good work :)
my comments:
- thank you very much for adding Home Point info ;)
- please, don't remove the eventLog column - it's much more comfortable to see it in csv file in chronologic order than to look into another file and to find it according to tickNo
- something is not right - generating the CSV now takes 3x longer than in 2.2.7 (my example of one DAT file - in 2.2.7 it takes 1:05, in 2.2.8 it takes 3:32)
- the rest is fine, values are ok

good work :)
my comments:
- thank you very much for adding Home Point info ;)
- please, don't remove the eventLog column - it's much more comfortable to see it in csv file in chronologic order than to look into another file and to find it according to tickNo
- something is not right - generating the CSV now takes 3x longer than in 2.2.7 (my example of one DAT file - in 2.2.7 it takes 1:05, in 2.2.8 it takes 3:32)
- the rest is fine, values are ok
Good catch(es). These will be fixed and a beta version 2.2.9 will be out tomorrow.

BTW, did you see the documentation for home point altitude? The A/C sets it 20 meters higher than the actual home point altitude. I'm supposing this is to allow for the possibility of thebarometer changing during a flight.

Beta Version 2.2.10 is available here. It fixes distanceHP that was discovered. It also adds A/C model field. Finally, the magYaw field was added to support the analysis going on over at Standard - Insight on my Fly Away? - HealthyDrone & YT Link
The yaw value is actually a flight controller prediction that depends on several inputs in addition to the magnetometers. magYaw depends only on the magX and magY values to determine A/C heading. Some may remember that magYaw was in earlier DatCon versions. It had been removed because it didn't seem useful.

There are so many columns that it takes some time now until the bug is found (the case of distanceHP) :)
Two notes:
1. False update warning, because '2.2.10' < '2.2.9'. Or maybe it's time for 2.3.0 ;)
2. Could you write all small numbers in decimal format, not scientific? Something like 7.691211E-6 looks terrible. Especially if all numbers above and under this value are written in decimal format, it's then very hard to compare them visually.
Thanks.

2. Could you write all small numbers in decimal format, not scientific? Something like 7.691211E-6 looks terrible. Especially if all numbers above and under this value are written in decimal format, it's then very hard to compare them visually.
Thanks.
I'm reluctant to do this because the change would be tedious and error prone. Also, this change would bring complaints because you can't see the lower order digits without widening the column containing the small numbers. I never actually look at these numbers since I was always plot them via Excel. But, assuming everybody else is like me is usually a mistake. I'd very much like to hear from users that also want to see this change. I'm putting this on my to-do list and will get to it at some point.

Is the Amperage shown in the video below accurate? I've looked at other videos and the readings are all over the place but mine seem kind of low. I haven't done anything to Dashware or the file once converted so not sure how my readings are so low.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is the Amperage shown in the video below accurate? I've looked at other videos and the readings are all over the place but mine seem kind of low. I haven't done anything to Dashware or the file once converted so not sure how my readings are so low.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I don't think the problem is Dashware displaying these values incorrectly. But, that needs to be checked. Can you use Excel to generate the Amps plot and compare that against what you're seeing in Dashware?

Assuming that checks out there is the possibility that DatCon is retrieving the wrong value for Current. Seems unlikely since you'd be the first to notice it. I don't pay much attention to battery values but they do look a little low. Maybe @Luap or @TheRealNick can say more. Do you have some kind of battery mode that could affect these values?

Yes that's exactly what I was thinking as you responded to me. I was running an additional battery (4S 5200mAh) in parallel. So is it right to think that because of this, the current draw is lessened across all the cells? Thus the DJI/Datcon battery is reporting correctly because it is splitting the load with another battery? I can look deeper at the file in Excel and also compare to another log with just the DJI battery. I think this may be the correct answer though.

Yes that's exactly what I was thinking as you responded to me. I was running an additional battery (4S 5200mAh) in parallel. So is it right to think that because of this, the current draw is lessened across all the cells? Thus the DJI/Datcon battery is reporting correctly because it is splitting the load with another battery? I can look deeper at the file in Excel and also compare to another log with just the DJI battery. I think this may be the correct answer though.
That's gotta be it. If you could sense the current in your extra battery then the sum of the two currents would be the correct current flow.

Hi Rowland--

I'm glad to see these updates. I have some questions 4 you.

a) Can you add a setting in the converter that allows the user to select the amount of data they would want? Instead of every 10th of a second be able to select .25 (1/4th) second.

b) Are you aware if any Windows Dashware users have put together fully functional Profiles to use with DatCon? I ask this because the dashware profile downloads you have on your site do not function a 100% with standard windows pc. I have spent numerous hours attempting to manually convert Luap's profiles and have yet to get any finished. I have watched over time if someone else would ever mention this, but as you know it has yet to happen. That sort of tells me in that case nobody else is likely using the DatCon/Dashware combo. If you were to ask in what way is the current profiles not functional, I would describe it as in standard windows system the only display 25-30% of the gauges. (*see image below) What is exactly taking place I do not know. But is as if Luap's system is able to expand the canvas area to create the gauge, and then resize itself when returning to the regular viewing size. On my standard windows setup it will not resize any part of the gauges, and the canvas remains locked. This is the number 1 reason I have not shared any dashware created videos using the most data detailed converter.

c) Thanks and keep up the good work.

1DDC.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers