Great Repair Deal from DJI

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 Standard crashed a few weeks ago and sent it in for repair. Just got it back, and it's up and running. They lived up to their reputation for horrible support (It took a week and multiple phone calls to get the invoice that they promise to send in 24 hours). However, they ended up replacing it for only $175. The damage was extensive enough that they sent me complete a new/refurbished drone. This included the body and camera, but not the battery.

At first I couldn't believe it, since the gimbal/camera alone cost $219. I thought they had left out the camera and gimbal, since they were lost in the crash. They weren't included on the parts list, but when I emailed support they said that I would receive them, they were just only on the internal list. When I received it back it was all included, and I'm back in the air again.

So if you've crashed your drone, you may want to send it in for a quote even if it was pilot error. The repair charge could be very reasonable. And my understanding is that as long as you're under warranty, shipping is free both ways, even if you decide not to have them make the repair.

MAnd my understanding is that as long as you're under warranty, shipping is free both ways, even if you decide not to have them make the repair.
Was your shipping free both ways?

I personally was not pleased with their repair they did on mine after my crash ., I had to send mine back after their repair , because they didn't complete the repair , cost me $ 220 & it was still under warranty , never again .
They did pay all shopping on mine , both times .

Its probably hit or miss with them , they get a lot of work , because of their products popularity . Glad to see your back up flying .

Awesome. That's pretty generous of them considering your crash was not a warranty issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl