GPS Over heat

Reaction score
I recently crashed my P2 (Non Vision) and had to replace the shell. All components re-installed but now compass is not working and GPS is overheating. Any ideas?

Overheating? How do you know? Are you sure you didn't damage the GPS in the crash? The ceramic antenna is known to crack if the Phantom gets bonked on the head.

The antenna area gets really hot. I tried to recalibrate with software and before it can complete the IMU reset it says that it's over temperature. Also compass reads 0,0,0 so there's an issue there...

The overheat message is a known bug in the software but I've never noticed the GPS antenna getting hot. That your compass reads 0,0,0 is not a good sign. Check the compass cable. Fortunately replacements are cheap.

Compass reading 0000 means it's not connected. And as stated "over heat" is bug in asst software since day 1 (Are you listening DJI?)

ric8138 said:
I recently crashed my P2 (Non Vision) and had to replace the shell. All components re-installed but now compass is not working and GPS is overheating. Any ideas?

Weird. GPS is a receiver, it's not transmitting energy. Are you sure re-installation is made properly?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl