Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Got my P3A today..

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by lotusteve, Sep 15, 2015.

1. lotusteve

Just picked up my p3a today, charging my battery and controller. In the box is some stickers where do I stick them. There is no mention of them in the quick start manual..

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Stick them wherever you'd like. Most people put them on their Phantom. But, don't let that stop you -- your car, your forehead... the possibilities are endless :D

D4T_PoM and lotusteve like this.
  3. lotusteve

Cheers. Also I have found 2 plastic pegs and 4 white rubber buffers. The p3a has only 2 fitted to the camera, do I fit the 2 spare ones so they will be 4 in the mount or just leave it with 2 fitted.

4. dlbyers

Those are spares. You only need 2 installed If you put all 4 on you may introduce vibration into your videos.

5. lotusteve

Thanks.

6. Andy Collins

Save yourself some grief, read the manual cover to cover before you try to fly,,,,don't try and set any distance/height records on your first flight, and be in a big wide open area with nothing to run into

lotusteve and JBG like this.
  7. Angus Macsac

Got my P3A yesterday, read the manual (***Holy Crap***) a lot more here than my old P2V+ !
    My brain hurts. Looks like 3X as much room for pilot error with so many things going on. Definitely will be starting like I did for the P2V+ - in an open soccer field with no one around on a calm day focusing on the aircraft primarily.
    One thing I noticed though as I unpackaged the bird, the plastic camera/gimbal lock had slid out of position during shipping (don't think it had been fully engaged in lockdown position when installed) and possibly did some damage to the ribbon cable (see attached pic). Everything fired up fine so far although I have yet to get airborn (overcast and damp here today) delaminate.jpg

#7 Angus Macsac, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015