Going back to 1.6.8 on my P3S

Reaction score
I've had no luck with the downgraded firmware 1.5.7. Still can not get any range, and loss of signal problem within 300 feet. I'm going to go back to the latest firmware for the P3S. I have 2.8.3 on the RC, but where do I get the 1.6.8 for the Drone? I did an update tonight, but the 1.5.7 did not change.

I've had no luck with the downgraded firmware 1.5.7. Still can not get any range, and loss of signal problem within 300 feet. I'm going to go back to the latest firmware for the P3S. I have 2.8.3 on the RC, but where do I get the 1.6.8 for the Drone? I did an update tonight, but the 1.5.7 did not change.
You can find all the firmware on this link
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

I thought I had Bookmarked it in my Browser, but could not find it. I searched for at least 20 minutes, and finally found the page about 15 minutes ago. I have already upgraded the firmware. But I do thank you for a quick reply.

Reactions: Storm
Don if l were u l'd just wait untill they finish w/ the new official update and hopefully it will fix all these standards. May cause u more problems and fustration You can still fly your Pro though!

Hello, I would like to ask I did upgrade to 1.6.8 From 1.5.7 I did it through the up While I done it there was no noise made from the craft in the message said it would last 20 to 30 minutes in this finished in a few seconds and now its 1.6.8 is that normal
Most likely you are okay. It can take as long as 20 or 30 minutes depending on the size of the .bin file. Sometimes it's not very large, and you will be done much quicker. I think the average time for me has been around 7 to 10 minutes.

Don if l were u l'd just wait untill they finish w/ the new official update and hopefully it will fix all these standards. May cause u more problems and fustration You can still fly your Pro though!
Yes I can still fly the Pro. And am doing so as often as I can. There is such a difference in performance between the S and the P that it is almost no fun to fly the S any longer. My grandson came down this weekend and wanted to use the S to do some Follow Me shooting of he and his friend racing around the track in his friend's car. But he lost signal so often that they just gave up. So I let them take the Pro out and try it again. They never once lost signal in two batteries. They got some great shots. I was very impressed.

I figured, what the Hell, and just removed the ARGtek antennas off the S and reinstalled 1.6.8. That way I figure I'll be ready when the new firmware comes out ... whenever that it!

Yes I can still fly the Pro. And am doing so as often as I can. There is such a difference in performance between the S and the P that it is almost no fun to fly the S any longer. My grandson came down this weekend and wanted to use the S to do some Follow Me shooting of he and his friend racing around the track in his friend's car. But he lost signal so often that they just gave up. So I let them take the Pro out and try it again. They never once lost signal in two batteries. They got some great shots. I was very impressed.

I figured, what the Hell, and just removed the ARGtek antennas off the S and reinstalled 1.6.8. That way I figure I'll be ready when the new firmware comes out ... whenever that it!
Can u elaborate a little on performance? Although only 1 flight on Pro l honestly couldn't tell any difference yet. And a huge bummer l can only record in 2.7 cause my computer can't handle 4k

Most likely you are okay. It can take as long as 20 or 30 minutes depending on the size of the .bin file. Sometimes it's not very large, and you will be done much quicker. I think the average time for me has been around 7 to 10 minutes.
Thanks for your reply, is just that the craft did not make any noise at all and just quick finished The upgrade

Can u elaborate a little on performance? Although only 1 flight on Pro l honestly couldn't tell any difference yet. And a huge bummer l can only record in 2.7 cause my computer can't handle 4k
You are somewhat correct. If you are just flying in close, the Standard and the Pro pretty much act the same. Here is what I mean by performance. The biggest difference was the range and steady signal. With the Standard I am only getting about 300 to 500 feet in range. Others get farther. Sometimes I can get as much as 1,000 feet. It seems to very depending on where I am at the time. With the Pro, the signal is rock solid for as far as I want to go. So far I have gone out to about 1 3/4 mile. ( 2800 meters), and it will go much farther! I just haven't had a need to go farther ... yet.

Yesterday, my grandson tried to use the Follow Me function on the Standard. The drone was at about 100 feet, and he was seated inside of the car in the passenger's seat. Every time they made a 90 degree turn, they lost signal and the drone activated the Return to Home. Or if they got too far ahead, it lost signal. He switched to the Pro, and never lost signal at any time. They could out run the drone, but still never lost signal.

Another great improvement is the Remote Control unit. All of the buttons and controls you general use are on the RC, so you rarely have to touch the iPad or Tablet. That is very convenient!

I don't mean to badmouth the Standard. I know there are a lot of folks out there that love them. I still like to fly my Standard just for close-in practice. As long as I don't go beyond about 400 feet or so, it handles just like my Pro. When I got the Pro, I was going to sell my Standard. But I decided to keep it to use for practice.

Appreciate the feed back! Would love to see some of that video if your Grandson n u would like to share

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl