Goggles

I have been using RHO Lens for my Headplays for about 4 months.
I think they work great, are much clearer and visually more satisfying than the stock fresnel lens.
(While my eyes aren't too bad, I am over 60 but have no issues with the Headplays. If I wanted to wear glasses I could using the Headplays.
The only issue I have (had) is keeping the lens in place in the goggles during transportation. They tended to fall out of place, no matter how I adjusted the fit.
I ended up going the cheap way by using some foam black weather striping to create a channel for the lens to stay put in. Problem solved.
I also wish I had a better case to carry them in when backpacking rather than using the minimal (paper/plastic?) bag it comes with.

I am also thinking of installing a toggle switch to turn off/on the 5.8 GHz receiver in the Headplays since I always connect them via HDMI to the RC.
The advantage is that it conserves Headplay battery life. Looking on the web and YouTube it seems fairly straight forward to do.
The RHO lens is a great idea but very poorly implemented. Mine is cemented in with Sugru. He is presumably coming up with a version 2 with a better mount.

I like the Headplay over the Fat Shark but I must confess I will only use it when there is no possibility that I will be seen......

I have been using a gear vr, with the gear connector part removed, and a couple of studs fitted to hold my s6 in place with a rubber band. I use it with dronevr+, which is a free app, and it works fine. I love the hud display. I bought the gear headset cheap, always intending to only use the optics, since I can use it without my corrective glasses, and they have purposely shut out any way to connect to it that doesn't use their software. In the latest update, you cannot even use the built in camera! So short-sighted. Forgive the pun.

No problem. If you get an Advance or a PRO, you will still need to purchase and install one of these boards;

Buy HDMI Output Module (Phantom 3 Pro/Adv/Phantom 4) | DJI Store

I think if you shop around you can find one cheaper. The install is simple, just follow these steps here.

If you get the inspire, it already has the HDMI out board.
Again, not sure if your goggles offer HDMI in. I know that the Headplay does and that's what I use.

Darmie,

I fly with Headplay goggles with my P3A. Any time I connect my remote to an HDMI display/Headplays, I encounter 'Video Disconnect' on both my tablet and the HDMI display device. It seems there may be an issue with my HDMI board. Have you ever encountered this? If I fly without an HDMI display connected to the remote, I never have this issue.

Cheers!

Just finished my vr to fpv goggles, already had the goggles but bought the RHO lens, split the goggles and gutted the insides and glued the lens in, cut the vr goggles in half and extended with self adhesive foam sheet after taking a measurement for the focus (cheers Bro for the foam), just need a longer USB cable maybe a coiled one, any recommendations?

20160917_093621.jpg

20160917_093645.jpg

20160917_093829.jpg
20160917_093915.jpg
20160917_094109.jpg
20160917_094146.jpg

That's how he walks his dog :D

I have fat Shark V3 and am having a problem with double vision, not seeing one image. What am I doing wrong ??

How is that set ?
There are 2 half moon shaped sliders on the underside that allow you to adjust the distance. You adjust until you see 1 image.

People with narrow IPD have had issues with the dominators.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl