Goggles

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting goggles. I would like to hear what you would recommend? P3P.

While I use Headplay goggles, check out the FPV section under Forums...

You can find a list of commonly used googles here.

I have both the Fat Shark Dominator V3 goggles and Headplay HD goggles. Both work well with the Phantom. They are both good for different reasons. Check out this video for more details:

I have used the skyzone in the past with a HDMI to RCA with success. Now that I have my headplay and had a chance to wear them while flying I don't think you can go wrong with them. Headplay gives you a feeling that you are actually in the cockpit. Now, for me it was easier to see the telemetry data on goggles, but I'm sure that's the older eyes kicking in.

I picked up the Headplays a few weeks ago. Aside from looking hideous on my head, the immersive FPV video is incredible! I love the Headplays!

HEADPLAYS + RHO LENSES. can't go wrong with this combination! Mod an extra battery for longer viewing time.

Reactions: Darmie
HEADPLAYS + RHO LENSES. can't go wrong with this combination! Mod an extra battery for longer viewing time.
Yes, I've seen the RHO's but boy are they proud of those. I need to see if 3s will work on those goggles. Heck, I'll just add a deans connector and keep going.

I ordered some today. Here's to hoping they are as good as they advertise on their website :)

I have used the skyzone in the past with a HDMI to RCA with success. Now that I have my headplay and had a chance to wear them while flying I don't think you can go wrong with them. Headplay gives you a feeling that you are actually in the cockpit. Now, for me it was easier to see the telemetry data on goggles, but I'm sure that's the older eyes kicking in.

What are you using to go from HDMI to RCA, I have fatshark goggles and the HDMI input jack has died

I have been using RHO Lens for my Headplays for about 4 months.
I think they work great, are much clearer and visually more satisfying than the stock fresnel lens.
(While my eyes aren't too bad, I am over 60 but have no issues with the Headplays. If I wanted to wear glasses I could using the Headplays.
The only issue I have (had) is keeping the lens in place in the goggles during transportation. They tended to fall out of place, no matter how I adjusted the fit.
I ended up going the cheap way by using some foam black weather striping to create a channel for the lens to stay put in. Problem solved.
I also wish I had a better case to carry them in when backpacking rather than using the minimal (paper/plastic?) bag it comes with.

I am also thinking of installing a toggle switch to turn off/on the 5.8 GHz receiver in the Headplays since I always connect them via HDMI to the RC.
The advantage is that it conserves Headplay battery life. Looking on the web and YouTube it seems fairly straight forward to do.

Reactions: WetDog
I am thinking about getting goggles. I would like to hear what you would recommend? P3P.
I have Carl ziess cinemisers, have tried many goggles but these in my opinion are the most comfortable and have the clearest image, not cheap though.

With the Headplays and/or Eachine Goggle One: How are these for those that wear readers? I'm a +1.50 after lasic. Does it give you a far away view, or would readers be needed as the screen is only inches from your face?

Does anybody know why my "Kylin Vision goggles" aren't working with my p3s ?
Do they have HDMI in? I'm also not aware that the P3S has HDMI out. If your thinking 5.8 to 5.8. the goggles receive just an analog signal and the Phantom uses digital and so on. Now, what I could never figure out is why a cell phone that has 5.8 for wifi can't with some application receive the analog signal of the fpv racer.

Thanks for the input darmie; I must have read misleading info. Was supposed work with all versions of p3. I've tried them with 3 other drones from my collection, no signal from those either.

Thanks for the input darmie; I must have read misleading info. Was supposed work with all versions of p3. I've tried them with 3 other drones from my collection, no signal from those either.
No problem. If you get an Advance or a PRO, you will still need to purchase and install one of these boards;

Buy HDMI Output Module (Phantom 3 Pro/Adv/Phantom 4) | DJI Store

I think if you shop around you can find one cheaper. The install is simple, just follow these steps here.

If you get the inspire, it already has the HDMI out board.
Again, not sure if your goggles offer HDMI in. I know that the Headplay does and that's what I use.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4