Go app version 2.8.4 What's up?

Reaction score
My iPad updated the Go app to 2.8.4 in the background on 7-6-16. Yesterday I tried to fly and got messages saying both the aircraft and battery firmware need updating but it flew fine for the first battery. On the second battery the aircraft and remote would not even connect so I was grounded. Last night I tried to update the aircraft and batteries but they are current (v 1.09.006) and I still get the update required messages. What's up? I read here that the latest IOS app version is 2.8.3!!!
How did I fix this?

My iPad updated the Go app to 2.8.4 in the background on 7-6-16. Yesterday I tried to fly and got messages saying both the aircraft and battery firmware need updating but it flew fine for the first battery. On the second battery the aircraft and remote would not even connect so I was grounded. Last night I tried to update the aircraft and batteries but they are current (v 1.09.006) and I still get the update required messages. What's up? I read here that the latest IOS app version is 2.8.3!!!
How did I fix this?

Latest for iOS versions for P3A/P are:

DJI Go App: 2.8.4
RC: 1.6.0
AC: 1.9.60

Reboot your iPad and connect and see if the problem goes away. Are you sure you have updated all of your batteries using 1.9.60?

I just checked and NO I only have 1.8.80 on the Aircraft. I downloaded it from DJI's sight last nite.
If you don't mind, please send me a link for the correct download site.
Thanks in advance.

Do you have P3P or P3A? FW bin files are different for each version.

P3A I downloaded from DJI's P3Advanced Downloads site again. Unzipped the file name is P3S_FW_V01.09.0060. I copied it onto a freshly formatted card and inserted it into the bird. I've turned the bird on with each battery (transmitter off) and watched the little light go steady green and heard the D...DD sound with each. I've uninstalled and re installed the GO app twice. Still, when I turn everything on (Bird, iPad and Transmitter) the update required alerts are still there and if I go to ... About it still says App 2.8.4 Aircraft 1.8.80 Remote 1.6.0. At least the bird and transmitter connect and it will fly.
About the only thing I haven't done is delete the GO app and turn the iPad completely off before re installing GO. I'm going to try that now.

I just deleted Go re booted the iPad and re installed Go. No change. I still get Aircraft and Battery firmware update required messages and I've still showing App 2.8.4, Aircraft 1.8.80, Remote 1.6.0.
I give up for now. At least it will fly.
I Must not be getting the proper update from the DJI.

I think I finally got it.
I didn't really think it was the Go app because it was the Aircraft that was out of date but I was trying everything. I had downloaded the update from DJI twice with no success but being a stubborn cuss I deleted and re downloaded a third time. I guess there is something to the saying that the third time is the charm because it finally updated properly. All is well (I think) and I'm a happy camper again!

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Good hear. I'm itching to update my aircraft as well but fear it might create problems I've never had before.

Just for your info, I fly this morning with firmware updated AC 1.9.60. RC 1.6.0, DJI GO 2.8.4, phantom3 pro. Itilite antenna, everything looks fine. Didn't try F mode yet.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl