Gimble problem

Yeah that shim just essentially makes it a fixed camera while yawing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
You're right. I was thinking, you can't turn camera to left or right. Extreme left and right yawl do cause the gimbal to compensate camera position. I didn't notice any bad angles on video. I don't have a 1.5 mm Allen. I'll get one and loosen and tighten yawl arm lock and see if that stops the gimbal from jerking.

I too had this problem but after unscrewing the yaw screw and fasten it again the notice disappeared!!! Now waiting for good weather to see if it really is fixed in the air.

Thank you for the advice

@Ted - tried everyone's simple checks. Nothing fixes. My shim suppresses the vibration, but does not solve the problem. I am going to order a pitch and a yaw motor from F-Stop. I miss the clear movies I was getting a couple weeks back before the bad landing. Does F-Stop send new gimbal mount clips with parts?

I too had this problem but after unscrewing the yaw screw and fasten it again the notice disappeared!!! Now waiting for good weather to see if it really is fixed in the air.

Thank you for the advice

I thought it fixed the problem but in flight the wipes are still there:-((

@Ted - tried everyone's simple checks. Nothing fixes. My shim suppresses the vibration, but does not solve the problem. I am going to order a pitch and a yaw motor from F-Stop. I miss the clear movies I was getting a couple weeks back before the bad landing. Does F-Stop send new gimbal mount clips with parts?

Let us please know if new motors fix the problem.

Could be a slight bend in one of the arms. I don't think it is the motors themselves. It doesn't take much. keep us posted. You could consider a repair shop. Hunch on here could fix it or even that guy Ted. Wait, I'm Ted. Yea try Ted

Reactions: hunch
From my experience, and you may have heard this before, you need some clearance where you have placed the shim. If the top of the arm contacts the cover plate in even the slightest, it will be reflected in the video. You can prove this by removing the cover plate, maybe a small amount of tape on the board to insulate from incidental contact, check for clearance, then power up and test. If you don't find all your issues have cleared, I will be surprised. Removing the plate is not a fix, so don't leave it off, but it proves that this contact is the issue.

Or just send it out for repair.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanx I will try that. Sending it for repair here in the Netherlands will take too long and probably cost a fortune. I will have to find a solution and repair it myself.

BTW, I didn't say it but I hope you understood that my reference to the shim was only to help identify the cover plate to remove. When you do this test, DO NOT use a shim or any material that would place the arm In contact with the electronics that you will observe under the cover plate, and of course, battery out when removing or installing anything. Safety first! Removing the plate simply gives you more clearance. You can also take the time to inspect the plate for any wear, albeit you may have caused some blemishing with the wedge. If you find that this test is a success and the arm is not too bent, you may be able to get the needed clearance with loosing the setscrew and adjusting the arm, and then retighten.
Good luck, and please keep me updated with you results.

Thanx again and I understand what you say. It appears that it is ok with the cover off but I can not see that it touches the cover when it is on. However, I ordered a new yaw arm so when it arrives and I have some time I will replace it and let you know the outcome

Glad the test worked. Now you have a direction to go. If you are careful you can replace that part without a new ribbon, but I would have one on hand just in case. You may also want to try to change its position with the setscrew and adjustment.
Good luck, and yes, please keep me posted.

Update on gimbal problem. Was flying my drone at the local RC park. A guy who had been flying and building RC's for 30 years was there. I showed him my drone and the gimbal problem. He said, probably a gyro module is bad. Sent to DJI. 1 week later it's fixed. No more noise or vibration. DJI replace shell and gimbal module.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl