"Gimbal Disconnected" ???

Reaction score
When I turn on my drone and my remote controller it says "aircraft disconnected". When I click for specifics it says "gimbal disconnected" (Picture attached)

I don't get it because my gimbal is attached so I have no idea why it says gimbal disconnected??

I broke my antenna on my RC and since then I've had nothing but problems with my phantom. I sent it in to get fixed and it is, so I don't know if these two issues are related?

Attachments

• IMG_1179.jpg
    IMG_1179.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 525
Check the wire on the plug. If you see any silver wire sticking out of the plug, push the wire back in.

I have the same problem.. What do you mean 'stick the silver wire back into the plug"?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had the same problem yesterday. I followed the directions on a YouTube video on how to remove the camera/gimbal assembly and after doing so I was able to disconnect and reconnect the two ribbon cables and then replace the gimbal assembly. After doing that that everything worked again - so I assume it was simply a connection problem with one of the two gray cables. (Visually everything looked ok, so it must be really fussy about the connection). Hope this helps someone else avoid sending their unit in for repairs.

I had the same problem yesterday. I followed the directions on a YouTube video on how to remove the camera/gimbal assembly and after doing so I was able to disconnect and reconnect the two ribbon cables and then replace the gimbal assembly. After doing that that everything worked again - so I assume it was simply a connection problem with one of the two gray cables. (Visually everything looked ok, so it must be really fussy about the connection). Hope this helps someone else avoid sending their unit in for repairs.

I'm having the same message. Gimbal disconnected. Did you have to use anything like tweezers or did you use your hand to do this?

The silver wire mentioned is actually the connector pin(s). They snap into the connector housing. As far as the coax cables, they are captured by two little plastic covers. Assuming they are plugged in correctly, it is rare that they become unplugged. Easy to check by removing the little covers with a tiny phillips head screwdriver. They can be plugged in by hand, I don't recommend using any tools, they are very fragile.

Reactions: AlaskaChick65
The silver wire mentioned is actually the connector pin(s). They snap into the connector housing. As far as the coax cables, they are captured by two little plastic covers. Assuming they are plugged in correctly, it is rare that they become unplugged. Easy to check by removing the little covers with a tiny phillips head screwdriver. They can be plugged in by hand, I don't recommend using any tools, they are very fragile.
Thank you. I'll give this a try.

I should mention that to get to the covers and connector, the camera/gimbal assy needs to be accessible by removing the rubber bumpers and safety pins. If you do not know how to remove the pins, they can be cut, assuming you have spares. The bumpers are reusable.

I should mention that to get to the covers and connector, the camera/gimbal assy needs to be accessible by removing the rubber bumpers and safety pins. If you do not know how to remove the pins, they can be cut, assuming you have spares. The bumpers are reusable.
I have two spare pins, but I'm gonna hold off and let my husband check it when he gets home from work. I'm much too nervous to check it. I'll let you know how it worked out. I appreciate your help

I found the removal method to be pretty easy..........as long as you wait a few minutes.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

When I turn on my drone and my remote controller it says "aircraft disconnected". When I click for specifics it says "gimbal disconnected" (Picture attached)

I don't get it because my gimbal is attached so I have no idea why it says gimbal disconnected??

I broke my antenna on my RC and since then I've had nothing but problems with my phantom. I sent it in to get fixed and it is, so I don't know if these two issues are related?
Did you ever get a solution for fixing the Gimbal Disconnected? I'm getting the exact same issue.

I just had the same problem - I switched the SD card and that fixed the problem. Doesn't seem like an SD card would have anything to do with the gimbal, but it did on my P3P and I see the Mavics had the same solution.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl