Gimbal digital micro sevo replacement / upgrade

Reaction score
Hi, I started up my Phantom yesterday and found I didn't hear the typical high pitch noise coming from the digital micro server controling the up down tilt of the camera. Then camera tilt no longer worked of course so I took apart the Phantom to verify the connections and reseat the cables. Still dead, I even went to the RC assistant software turning off and on the gimbal, still dead.

I assume that DJI will replace this under warranty. Tho I was thinking I may like to use a higher end servo as a direct replacement swap of the stock servo. Has any done a direct replacement swap (not requiring mod to phantom) and any suggestions for where to get the replacement servo?

For some reason I have been having issues with the servos failing lately. Happened twice. The stock servo is an EMAX ES08MD or a slightly modified version of this servo. It does work out of the box. It is also programmable with EMAX servo programmer. One thing I noticed is that the voltage coming from the naza is 6.4v. The operating range of most servos is 5-6v. I don't know if this is the problem. I recently changed the mainboard which was bad on my vision. I have been meaning to check the voltage again as i thought the output voltage from the mainboard is 5v regulated.

The voltage going in to the Naza should be regulated at 5.5V by a regulator on the main board. I'd imagine that the voltage out is the same as in.

Guys I have a stock gimbal servo for the vision camera

I had a crash back of this and it damaged the cameras stock mounts the gimbal works if anyone wants it let me know as I plan on going to a aftermarket gimbal soon anyway with my p2v

You can contact me via pm if intrested

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT