Gimbal acting erratic

Reaction score
I had a crash last week and it appeared the only damage was the gimbal vibration mount cracked. I ordered a new one and put it on today. When I started the bird up the gimbal went wild. I've tried calibrating CMU and gimbal. Anyone seen this before or know what it could be

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It spins completely out of control and is getting hot. There's no visible damage at all but at startup it goes evert direction possible pretty quickly. All cables are secure

If it's the gimbal bad I will just sell it all on here

Me either. Hard to describe lol

Post your sensor readings. Acts like it has no idea where 3D level and horizontal is or has a bad ribbon or gimbal main card.

its the new dji gimble dance

Just a data point for you to consider...
With the impact at the flange there may be a cracked main board on the gimbal. Pretty easy to check, 4 screws and a slide plate if I remember.

This is a clear sign of loose connection. Hope lose connection is on the cables side. Check gray cables and black ribbon cables for any looseness.

Wow. I have seen that when the camera is 180 degrees off during a rebuild. Never on a crash only. By the way, I would love to fix it and see what is wrong. Do u want to sell it?

Looks like a Standard. On the clips that fasten the camera to the mount, push the plastic fasteners or washers up onto the plastic shaft to stretch them open for a few minutes and then when pulling them off, do it quick. They're kind of a pain but after that you can remove the camera and go flying or at least make sure it still flies. When putting it back together, you can re-use them this way. I've switched those out for zip ties on mine for a bit more give like a shock absorber for my next crash on my P3A. The first time, I simply gorilla glued the camera mount back together and it still works fine. Then if it fly's fine, you can decide where you want to go from there.

I see that you have already taken it off... So forget the first part :) I left it for others... You should recheck the cables where you put them back together. I flew mine without the camera for a while because it really is quick and fun to fly with that weight of the camera taken off. You might need a new ribbon cable and the cable sets are cheap on Amazon. I carry a spare set in my crate.

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-DJI-P...s=DJI+Phantom+3+professional+ribbon+cable+set

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Part-Cabl...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I had a crash last week and it appeared the only damage was the gimbal vibration mount cracked. I ordered a new one and put it on today. When I started the bird up the gimbal went wild. I've tried calibrating CMU and gimbal. Anyone seen this before or know what it could be

I think the hidden hex grub screw is loose. Look for the black hex grub screw at the top of the arm near the base of the gimbal board. It should be on the opposite side of the flex cable. Tighten it to the flat side of the D shaft. Let us know how you go..

I think the hidden hex grub screw is loose. Look for the black hex grub screw at the top of the arm near the base of the gimbal board. It should be on the opposite side of the flex cable. Tighten it to the flat side of the D shaft. Let us know how you go..
Grub screw is tight.
I opened the gimbal up and everything looks fine. No loose connection or cracked board that I could see. Still looking. Thanks for the assistance everyone

Anyone seen this before or know what it could be

Mine just started doing the same thing... The only thing I noticed that could be the problem was that my ribbon cable looked like it was separating at the "corners"... I'm going to order a new ribbon cable and see if that fixes it.
8ba98ab8f4eeb8026063a615305e0fb7.jpg

Mine just started doing the same thing... The only thing I noticed that could be the problem was that my ribbon cable looked like it was separating at the "corners"... I'm going to order a new ribbon cable and see if that fixes it.
8ba98ab8f4eeb8026063a615305e0fb7.jpg

I had mine apart yesterday and all I could see was the sharp bend in the ribbon cable where it goes into the camera its self. But I took the back of of it and powered the drone up and there's a green light on the board that lighted up. Makes me think there's not a problem there. I also ordered a cable set. Im going to replace mine as well. Did you by chance have a hard crash before yours started acting up?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18