Getting started

Reaction score
Did anyone else have trouble setting up? Each step was a challenge from finding my aircraft linking controller, and downloading the firmware.

Each step was a challenge from finding my aircraft linking controller, and downloading the firmware.
The Spark has some new procedures that are not currently found in other DJI drones, so there is a slight learning curve (even more so if you've never owned a DJI drone). I found everything to be pretty easy to do after learning those new procedures. Without a good source of instruction, some people are no doubt going to struggle with these things.

The Spark has some new procedures that are not currently found in other DJI drones, so there is a slight learning curve (even more so if you've never owned a DJI drone). I found everything to be pretty easy to do after learning those new procedures. Without a good source of instruction, some people are no doubt going to struggle with these things.

Okay, now i feel a bit better knowing that a seasoned person vouches that it isnt easy. Im a plug and play type of guy, which i did with the P4.

So on another note, do you own the spark? It never shows up automatically on my phones wifi. I have to manually hold the power button down on the battery for the 2 beeps before i see it. And on that note, do you have a link to the new procedures. I just have many questions

do you own the spark?
Yes.

It never shows up automatically on my phones wifi. I have to manually hold the power button down on the battery for the 2 beeps before i see it.
Do you have a remote controller? If so, holding the power button for 2 beeps will disconnect it from the Spark (allowing you to connect with your mobile device). Holding the power button for 3 beeps will reset the Spark's Wi-Fi.

Yes.

Do you have a remote controller? If so, holding the power button for 2 beeps will disconnect it from the Spark (allowing you to connect with your mobile device). Holding the power button for 3 beeps will reset the Spark's Wi-Fi.

Yes i do. Okay, maybe let me shoot a bunch of questions about sequence of starting. Cause you cant fly the drone on just the remote only correct?

1) When just using my phone only and drone? And this is what i was talking about was troubling me. The spark wifi would not be recognized by my phone, so i have to press and hold the button for the 2 beeps. I guess my expectation is that the wifi would show up. On a different note from this, my QR codes werent scanning correctly either which i thought were intended to make the process easier.

2) When using a remote, phone, and drone?
The drone cant fly on just the remote only correct?

Cause you cant fly the drone on just the remote only correct?
You can fly with just the remote controller (no mobile device connected). It's not a great idea since you cannot see what's going on in DJI GO, but it's possible.

When just using my phone only and drone? And this is what i was talking about was troubling me. The spark wifi would not be recognized by my phone, so i have to press and hold the button for the 2 beeps.
That double beep process disconnects the remote controller from the Spark. You'll always need to do that once after flying with the remote controller. After doing it, you should be able to fly with your mobile device over and over again (until you reconnect the remote controller).

You can fly with just the remote controller (no mobile device connected). It's not a great idea since you cannot see what's going on in DJI GO, but it's possible.

That double beep process disconnects the remote controller from the Spark. You'll always need to do that once after flying with the remote controller. After doing it, you should be able to fly with your mobile device over and over again (until you reconnect the remote controller).

So if interpreted your first response: if i just turned on the remote and drone (no mobile device), it should connect (in remote mode) and i would be flying blind so to speak?
Thats why i like the controller/drone linked via cord. All this gets confusing. hahah
Thanks so much for your feedback, its definitely welcomed.

if i just turned on the remote and drone (no mobile device), it should connect (in remote mode) and i would be flying blind so to speak?
That's correct. When the light on the remote controller turns green, you're connected and ready to fly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen