Getting started - P3 pro won't work

Reaction score
Hey folks

New to the forum and very new to drones. I have a problem getting started.

I was given a Phantom 3 pro as a gift for some video work that I did. But I cannot get it going. I cannot upgrade software further than version 8 and cannot get the software to work with my iPhone 6s.

I'm pretty sure all this is user inexperience but I could use someone with a bit of patience who can give me a hand to get started. I am not sure what I am missing and unfortunately there are no stores here in Phuket.

Any help would be great. If someone can message me and we can chat I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you

G

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ok, first, I don't think there are any software/firmware versions 8, so that's a bit of disconnect. For now, I wouldn't worry about upgrading any firmware on either the aircraft (AC) or remote (RC). That comes, if needed, after everything else is working. Is the software you are trying to load onto your phone the DJI Go app? That should be your first move. It should be readily available from the Apple Store. Pretty sure that the 6s is compatible, but you can double check in the store. If that is what you are trying to load to your phone, what types of error messages are you getting? Let us know how that goes, you really need to get the app on your phone before we try to go any farther.

Thank you so much for the reply!

I have the app on my phone. The software I was trying to download was for the AC itself. Onto the SD Card and then onto the AC. The software is on my phone but cannot connect to the Phantom 3 pro and sometimes connects to a Phantom 4 which I don't have. Most time it just says it's disconnected and the 'camera' button is greyed out!

As Richard said, you need to download the the dji app to register your drone and yourself to kick off the warranty and to register the craft for use. The iPhone 6 will be fine to use and once this is done, you will able to connect. Read the manual incessantly and let us know how you go.

Thanks tevek. I think there may be the problem. I don't know how to register the drone. There was no manual either as I took over the drone as a gift. Where can I register it and how? I have registered with the Go app. But that just asks for model which is Phantom 3 pro but no other details.

Thanks rockydog. I'll go through that tonight and see what I have missed. All this help is hugely appreciated guys. Thanks so much!

And the system can sometimes be finicky about the order that you turn on things. Try AC first, followed by RC then the app.Just make sure that you remove the gimbal guard before turning the bird on, as well as the small piece of white shipping foam ate back of the gimbal. Some have had trouble with USB to Lighting cable, might have a second one on hand to test. once everything is turned on, if your bird doesn't come up in the starting page of the app, you should be able to scroll through to yours. Check check what color the arm leds are flashing and compare that to what the manual says is correct. if so, once you get the right bird showing on the app home page, click on the arrow (i believe its in the upper right). that should connect you to DJI where you can set up an account and activate your bird. IF everything is going ok, at that time you should be able to go back to the home page, click on the camera button and have the app open up, with a "connected" at the top of the screen and the camera view on. That's the way its supposed to work, now lets see if we can get you there.

Reactions: Mr Gibbs
Thank you so much. I am going to try this. I seem to remember the AC should be flashing a long yellow and mine was fast. So perhaps that also has something to do with it. I will read the manual thoroughly and hen try the above as well. I will revert back in the morning and see if it all works.

Thanks again for the great help.

Regards

Greg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl