Getting rid of drone

I've crashed my phantom 4 a bunch of times I've got duct tape holding on one arm and it still flys I think the competition likes to put bad reviews to detour people from DJI because there the best I've got several dji drones and I've never once had to use customer service if your serious about your birds you will fix them yourself so in the end who cares about customer service and most of those people who post probably wrecked and that's not under warranty so don't believe the hype
I tried duct tape on a P4 stress crack that cracked 3/4 of the way around on one arm, after 200 flights with external batteries. It lasted 20 more flights, but eventually cracked all the way around, and separated in flight, leaving the motor still running, hanging beneath, by the wires. It tried to recover in a hover, but eventually catapulted onto the empty beach below, died upon impact, and was later buried at sea. :( Duct tape is an emergency repair, not a long term solution. :p :eek:

1f068344da57f798a62abcbce538db29.jpg
189032600051b09ac0e4906277e24c7e.jpg
0060d802a829b613a201260cc324c50a.jpg

My P4 camera was toast from the impact on hard sand, after falling 75'. Bent the metal camera arm in such a way that it could not be straightened again. Considering the cost of replacing the camera, a full shell replacement, and a new battery mod, and unknown interior impact damage (a cracked main board was a distinct possibility), it was cheaper at the time to buy a new P4 refurb from DJI with a 1 year warranty for $800. 220 flights on the original bird was a good life.

Reactions: The drone mafia
You ever look for wrecked drones that have the parts you need ? I bought a phantom three with everything for 50.00 just a 15$ fix and I just bought two phantom 3 advanced from a guy who couldn't get video feed got both for 400 I guess he wasn't using a lighting cord because they both work fine I was gonna sale them for a profit but once I get a drone it's hard to part with it ..... I don't even throw away the bad parts I keep it all but you should try looking next time might save you

You ever look for wrecked drones that have the parts you need ? I bought a phantom three with everything for 50.00 just a 15$ fix and I just bought two phantom 3 advanced from a guy who couldn't get video feed got both for 400 I guess he wasn't using a lighting cord because they both work fine I was gonna sale them for a profit but once I get a drone it's hard to part with it ..... I don't even throw away the bad parts I keep it all but you should try looking next time might save you
Even better, are the deals available on uncrashed, well-cared-for aircraft, when a new model is announced, and the owners need the money to upgrade, as DJI doesn't take trade-ins! The owners throw in all the goodies and upgrades, like transmitter mods, extra batteries, and hard shell cases for a song!:cool:

I had a P3S for a year and it performed flawlessly. The guy I sold it to is an in-law and as far as I know he has had no trouble with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94