Getting rid of drone

Reaction score
I have a P3A and have been reading all the posts of CS and I'm thinking of getting rid of it BEFORE I need to use customer service. I googled DJI reviews and its not good. My drone has had NO problems so far, less than 1 hour flight time and is in perfect shape. I have 3 batteries and almost all the acc. lights, case, new tablet, and a lot more. Where would be a good place to sell it, I just don't want to deal with all the BS customer service is laying out. Thanks

You can sell it in the classified section on this forum.

I'm not sure I understand. You have a perfectly good drone that has had no problems, the same as many thousands of us world wide. Why would an expectation of poor customer service make you want to sell it? You've only flown it for an hour... not even long enough to become familiar with it, yet you assume you are going to have problems and that any experience you MIGHT have with customer service MIGHT not be good. Sounds more like a case of buyers regret to me. You spent money on something you don't want and are looking for an excuse to justify getting rid of it to ease your conscience over what might just be an expensive impulse buy???

Not even close to buyers regret, or impulse buy. I want the drone but from what I'm reading from cracks, firmware, camera issues, and other things I'm going to need CS. I don't expect bad customer service it's a fact, I don't want to play phone tag with DJI.

Admittedly, I'm a relative newcomer to the hobby, only having had my P4 since the beginning of the year. In that time, I've flown 6 hours and 39 minutes and covered over 42 km in the air. The bird has flown flawlessly and I've only had one mishap. That was my own fault, flying too close to a tree on my second flight and watching it land upside down and seeing it try to dig a hole before the rotors stopped. Fortunately, the only damage was to my ego and one of the little covers on the landing gear popped off.

I'm of the school that if you enjoy what you're doing, keep doing it. If problems occur sometime in future, I will deal with that at the time. I don't get stressed and wound up by what MIGHT happen. If I did, I wouldn't bother getting out of bed in the morning in case something bad MIGHT happen.

I hate to break the news to you, but less than stellar C.S. is an industry wide PITA not exclusive to DJI. Having said that.. I've owned 3 DJI's (among others) pretty much since the begining, countless flight hours where I judge the age of my drones by the number of batteries I've completely burned all of the charge cycles... and how many sets I've had to replace.

In ALL of that time I have never once had to have any dealing with DJI C.S. You'll undoubtedly be loosing money hand over fist for no practical reason.. and if it's true it's not just a case of buyers remorse (that was my first assumption, also).. you must have more money than you know what to do with to "burn" off a practically new P3A and full complement of accessories because "someday" you "might be" one of the 5% that might actually have to deal with a spotty C.S. department.

To each their own....

You might have some luck in the classifieds here, but the market share is pretty small. (everyone here already has a drone. LOL). There is always Craigslist and eBay, but you might have the best luck going through your local drone shop and ask to pass the word around. You might be more likely to get a better price from someone local that can actually see it in person.

I might be shaking my head in wonder, but really do hope it works out for you. ~ Cheers

You have to remember that for the most part, people will reach out to a forum when they have a problem, or need advice.

Therefore, it stands to reason that for the most part, the people here have had some kind of problem, or needed advice.

That doesn't mean that you EVER will have a problem.

Studies have shown that if you have a negative experience, you will tell on average 17 people. If you have a positive one, you'll tell no more than 5.

Statistically, all you hear about is the bad. That doesn't mean everything is all bad.

FWIW of the two interactions I've had with DJI, both have been positive.

I'm on my 3rd Phantom...no problems at all. They make a great product. Have you considered getting the GoPro Karma? I heard those are good.

Come on folks... we are better than this. Let's play nice or get some "time off" . . . .

I'm not seeing where anyone is deserving of a time out? Or criticizing?

We are helping OP to see that some bad reviews are no need to sell a perfectly good product.

We are helping OP to see that some bad reviews are no need to sell a perfectly good product.
The post that is being referred to has gone away....

I, too have been discouraged in the past about all the "bad" posts about DJI and the Phantoms, but ya gotta remember that IF DJI was overall that bad, this forum would blow up!
Yes, DJI is not perfect, and sometimes seems to think they are above all and can do no wrong, but they will be that way because they are a company run by humans and are trying to profit, and they are.

I would not jump the gun and dump my quad because of the posts here and other places, but use this information as a tool incase you do need service.

The quad bug has bit me, and I would not sell my quad from all the negative things I have read and heard.... that is usually all you hear anyway.
Keep your quad and ENJOY it! They are a blast!

They've been removed from view and they indeed warranted the actions taken.

I, too have been discouraged in the past about all the "bad" posts about DJI and the Phantoms...

The quad bug has bit me, and I would not sell my quad from all the negative things I have read and heard.... that is usually all you hear anyway.
Keep your quad and ENJOY it! They are a blast!

So true!! Can you imagine? If this forum were "required reading" before buying a Phantom, they'd never sell one!!

Again, as I mentioned, this is where you come when you have a problem or need help... or to share stories with people having similar interests.

Can't just read the bad...

I have a P3A and have been reading all the posts of CS and I'm thinking of getting rid of it BEFORE I need to use customer service. I googled DJI reviews and its not good. My drone has had NO problems so far, less than 1 hour flight time and is in perfect shape. I have 3 batteries and almost all the acc. lights, case, new tablet, and a lot more. Where would be a good place to sell it, I just don't want to deal with all the BS customer service is laying out. Thanks
I have had to send mine in twice. Customer service was excellent on both accounts. DJI paid shipping both ways and had it repaired and back to me in less than two weeks. Seven days of that was shipping from East to West Coast and back.
No one speaks out about a good experience only a negative experience. It's like this with any product.

Great to hear!
Too bad that good reports like yours seem to be outweighed by the bad reports.
Of course, we don't know HOW bad the bad reports really are and how much emotion is involved.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4