Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Getting "Firmware Version Unknown" on my RC

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by ecarfar, Aug 12, 2015.

1. ecarfar

I just got my iPad Mini 2 and set it up, loaded the new DJI GO app and connected my RC to the Phantom 3....No warnings, nothing out of the ordinary like I had with my Nexus 7 (The Nexus 7 said I had reh correct and latest firmware but the app kept telling me to upgrade). I checked the general page and it said "Firmware Version Unknown"....what in the heck does that mean? Is there any way for me to "force" the new firmware into my RC? I think it has to be done via the tablet now with the lightning cable, right?....I had no luck using an SD card or a USB stick on my Nexus....

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

3. ecarfar

Nope....didn't work. I'm not getting the "upgrade required" message on my tablet. If I connect the aircraft to it, everything looks fine. Like I said in my initial post, the only thing amiss is that, under "version" is says "unknown"...not the correct version or even a prior one...just "unknown". All it says in that box is "No Signal"

4. ecarfar

OK, now I shut it down and turned it back on and there is no mention of the version at all. In the "About" section it just lists the app version as 2.0.0 and a link to the DJI website.

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

That makes sense. You must be connected to your aircraft in order to see the firmware version.

6. ecarfar

The firmware version of the aircraft or the RC? I'm having no firmware upgraded problems with my aircraft.

7. Chew Kwong Chee

ecarfar, you managed to resolved your problem?