Getting a Phantom..

Yeahh.. I'm not holding my breath. Just figured if it was possible id way rather do that than return the Phantom.

5A684013-7E7F-4A97-A022-BCC62237F8BB_zpsvsolchgk.jpg

09440D25-6610-4CFB-BC4C-39A465C58635_zpsszo0za4k.jpg

008D2F3F-FB51-4E46-999A-9491A18E670F_zpsbbznffgn.jpg

183D18EF-B2CA-41D9-BE38-8EA671BCD985_zpsc9mevvm6.jpg

:eek:
Hence the discounted price. Obviously crashed (inertia will do that). Send it back, bad deal.

Lol, ugh. Not what I wanted to hear. So is there even supposed to be a gap like that there at the back pivot point?

Oh, that looks nice and tight/no wobble. Definitely requesting a refund. I guess I'll have to save another few hundred dollars and get a new one in the future.

You can get a new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 with the new gimbal design, all the latest greatest stuff and 2 batteries for 1199 including shipping from all DJI dealers on Tuesdays and Wednesdays until Feb 25. Good luck.

Just came home & saw your image. Nope, it defiantly should not be like that. That is the problem with some sellers. Will do anything to make a sale. I sure would look into what Porkchop has to say about the latest & greatest deal from DJI.
Also, if you list your location, sometimes there is a local distributer that you can pick them up pretty close to those prices & you get personal service.
Good luck with your refund & purchase of the new Phantom Vision

It's some "wholesaler" on eBay. I wonder if they wouldn't be inclined to pay for a gimbal/camera replacement instead of losing out on $800

Yeah, I've seen new ones as low as 450. I figure better them making 350 out of the deal instead of losing out on everything with a drone that doesn't function properly/is unsellable. I would end up with a brand new camera/gimbal on a drone set up I spent just under $800 on so it would be hard to complain about anything. Haha.. The only thing disclosed were scratches on 2 of the arms (obviously it brushed up against something in its life. I guess that should of been a red flag. Like I said, I'm new to the drone scene and didn't realize a "hard landing" can mess the equipment up that easily). It looks like the landing gear are slightly bent to one side but there's really no damage to the bird besides the 2 scuffed areas disclosed and a slight scuff on one of the included rotors. Ah well, hopefully this is resolved shortly and I'm back up in the air asap.

I would just get my money back if you can afford a new one. With cosmetic damage, bent looking legs, etc. especially a damaged camera/gimbal, you do not know the extent of damage to it. No telling if insides are in pristine shape. JMO.

Porchpup said:
You can get a new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 with the new gimbal design, all the latest greatest stuff and 2 batteries for 1199 including shipping from all DJI dealers on Tuesdays and Wednesdays until Feb 25. Good luck.

Did that last Tuesday. My first drone. Still on the way:-(.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 340
So there's not like a screw or something inside to tighten the pivot point up and make it stop wobbling? The strange thing is I just looked at the photos from last night (the new update finally started working for me yesterday evening so I took it out to a lighted soccer field) and all the photos are level.. It definitely wasn't crooked in the photos like the camera was angled when I woke up this morning. I didn't land it rough or anything. Is it bad to land in grass? It was a mowed soccer field...

Edit. I just grabbed this screenshot from a previously linked video of 3 screws inside the gimbal, surrounding the vertical pivot point. Think tightening those would take care of the wobble?

F24011FC-46AA-4E6F-BF2C-F85D1F7846C9_zps28jufhvd.png

CloudPhantom said:
Yeahh.. I'm not holding my breath. Just figured if it was possible id way rather do that than return the Phantom.

008D2F3F-FB51-4E46-999A-9491A18E670F_zpsbbznffgn.jpg

183D18EF-B2CA-41D9-BE38-8EA671BCD985_zpsc9mevvm6.jpg

I hand catch mine as if there is something that hits the camera upon landing can damage it.

Good tip. I tried that once for fun but didn't think about it being strategic. We fixed the tilt of the camera with the video tips, but the 3 screws inside were tight so they don't seem to hold/allow the wobble I'm experiencing in the pivot point.

Ohh.. I also found some highly interesting photos on the memory card from the previous owner.. Sketchy stuff. Lol

CloudPhantom said:
Good tip. I tried that once for fun but didn't think about it being strategic. We fixed the tilt of the camera with the video tips, but the 3 screws inside were tight so they don't seem to hold/allow the wobble I'm experiencing in the pivot point.

Ohh.. I also found some highly interesting photos on the memory card from the previous owner.. Sketchy stuff. Lol
There are topics about the wobbly pivot point. It could be the pin that runs through can be replaced if that is the problem. CIA sketchy or fun sketchy? Do tell. Maybe!

I use one of those square locking exercise pads which is foam to launch and land on. I have landed a little hard on it before and it acted like a trampoline sort of bouncing the quad instead of absorbing the shock. It has work rather well for me.

Btw, does anyone have a comparison pic of the new V3 gimbal vs the older gimbal?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl