Geofence - an attempt for Your privacy

Make sure you downgrade to firmware 1.6 and you will be fine and not have to worry about this bs.

Make sure you downgrade to firmware 1.6 and you will be fine and not have to worry about this bs.

Not exactly. The main problem is - DJI can push new NFZ even to old system just by connection to the internet or by the app or f/w upgrade. In Geo you will be just able to unlock some zones over airports what You cannot unlock at now.

Only one method to keep current NFZ list is block access to DJI servers and stay on 1.5 f/w with 2.4.3 app for ever.... or change DJI course (however i think they are on their own and they dont care so much about what we thinking).
However, the new geofence, after critical reception of first beta approach, sounds promising - they change the most of server-sided authorisation zones to client-sided enchanced warning zones, so finally it looks like an old NFZ system, but with a possibility of unlock the most of current red area's over airports.

Last edited:
Not exactly. The main problem is - DJI can push new NFZ even to old system just by connection to the internet or by the app or f/w upgrade. In Geo you will be just able to unlock some zones over airports what You cannot unlock at now.

Only one method to keep current NFZ list is block access to DJI servers and stay on 1.5 f/w with 2.4.3 app for ever.... or change DJI course (however i think they are on their own and they dont care so much about what we thinking).
However, the new geofence, after critical reception of first beta approach, sounds promising - they change the most of server-sided authorisation zones to client-sided enchanced warning zones, so finally it looks like an old NFZ system, but with a possibility of unlock the most of current red area's over airports.

Not entirely true. 1.6 doesn't contain any of the GeoFencing code in it. I do not have to unlock anything before I fly. That all starts at 1.7. I have never updated to the latest Go software either. Problem solved.

yes, it contain. I tested it. At 1.6 f/w you can unlock geo zones with 2.4.4 geo beta app. In 1.5 not.

That is the key, do not upgrade to 2.4.4.. I am still running the older build and I am not affected what so ever :)

No. It means 1.6 have geo-ready functionalities (and maybe some other, but only God knows what), and they could be activated remotely.
RC Groups - View Single Post - Dji geofence - beware of 1.7 beta - you will not be able to downgrade nfz
But, finally - the new version of Geo is not what i like, but it should be better than old NFZ system, because at end will unlock a zones what are already red-locked. In both cases you can disable communication with DJI if you do not want unlock zones over airports, and in both cases DJI can in any moment push NFS-red zones if communication is not locked.

In my opinion - the best way will be consider a number of blocked -red and server-sided authorisation zones in both system, choose better and then disable any communication with DJI, then wait and observe system on their map carefully before any server-side unlock, or any update of app/fw what will require communication.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl