General Discussion Forum

Pull_Up said:
FangsCPO said:
The new H3-D3 has FPV Mode?? That would be so cool.

I think it looks very nice - "aeroplane view"! Here's a demo:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JMRoxKYerc[/youtube]

AWSOME!
how high up were you in the beginning of this video when you speeding?
what was your speed?

Well everybody, after quite a bit of time, preparation, and hard work my brother and I's youtube channel has opened. It is all about multirotors and you will be seeing lots of the DJI Phantom in our videos! We would appreciate it if you subscribed to the channel and liked the video. Make sure to leave comments on the video telling us what you want to see out of the channel and our future videos! Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_CGuzlmdHo

varix said:
Hi Guys new here. I have received a PM from someone but I am unable to reply to it. It says I don't have permission or something. Can a boss man please help me out?

This forum has an anti-spam measure that requires you to have at least 5 posts before the PM function is unlocked. Just find a couple more interesting threads to post in, and you'll be good to go :)

today i beat my personal record and went 5,855 feet out. during the (RTH) return home the drone seemed to have reset the home point to the point when RTH was first activated (which was far away). In other words, it turned around and started heading back out away from me. after my "o sh@t" moment i flipped the RTH button down then up and it came back safely. my drone has never done this before. the flight before it, which was the day before, i pulled the battery out without turning it off smh. I had never done that before. after each flight i always put in a fresh battery before i pack away the drone. so pulling it out just happened naturally as i was trying to get out of dodge fast. I had a large crowd all asking questions and moving in closer while not stopping their kids from touching my equipment smh.
has this ever happened to anyone before?
should i be worried?
should i do a software calibration or something? would that even help?

quadbros said:
Well everybody, after quite a bit of time, preparation, and hard work my brother and I's youtube channel has opened. It is all about multirotors and you will be seeing lots of the DJI Phantom in our videos! We would appreciate it if you subscribed to the channel and liked the video. Make sure to leave comments on the video telling us what you want to see out of the channel and our future videos! Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_CGuzlmdHo

Well, I subscribed and gave you a like.

Follow your dreams, they really can come true.

Dan

Changing user name

Can I change my user name? If not, can I delete my account and start a new one? There's nothing in the FAQs about this.

Re: Newbie to Phantoms!

HarrySmooth said:
Hi there folks....
My name is Harry and I am TOTALLY new to quadcopters and Aerial Videos....I am a Cigar Shop owner and getting up there, (57 yrs old) and just recently got my 1st Quad...a little Walkera QR100W, which I tore up pretty quick! LOL....but getting the hang of it I got a new QR100 and got pretty good with it....since, I have ordered my DJI "Phantom" and it is "Out for Delivery" TODAY!@ WOO HOO!!! Cant WAIT!
I have been reading and watching every You Tube Video I can get my hands on trying to soak up every tid bit of info I can before getting my Hands on this thing...I sure dont wanna tear up my brand new $700 Phantom right out of the gate!
Well, with that said, is there any Advice/Suggestions any of you "Veteran Pilots" would give me to get me started safely and without incident? LOL....Like I said Im not very good at this yet,but from what I read and watched about the Phantom, this is my best bet with the GPS and all...
I DO have a GoPro Camera ready to go for my 1st flight and ANY Advice from you Veterans would be VERY VERY Appreciated!!!!!
Thank you all in advance and I look forward to getting to know some of you and exchanging "War Stories"!!!!
Thanks again!

Harry

Yeah here's a bit of advice.... Don't buy anything from DJI.

Seriously? That is pretty destructive.

=========

For new folks, be sure to read through the manual and do a compass alignment before you fly. Don't know how? There are a dozen videos on it so look them up. You will save yourself some grief.

If you have a camera and can remove it, then don't fly the first couple of times with it. Get a couple of controlled landings in and then add it on.

ladykate said:

Seriously? That is pretty destructive.

=========

For new folks, be sure to read through the manual and do a compass alignment before you fly. Don't know how? There are a dozen videos on it so look them up. You will save yourself some grief.

If you have a camera and can remove it, then don't fly the first couple of times with it. Get a couple of controlled landings in and then add it on.

Perfect advice..........don't fly with your camera attached to your bird until you've flown a few flights and feel comfortable. Also, for those first few flights...............find a large park where there's no chance of hitting anyone. Good Luck!!

ive had my p1 for 6weeks.everything ive learned has come from this forum and youtube.great sources of info.i have noticed that p2s andp2vs have alot of flyaways.also, the batts for the p2s cost 160 bucks each. p1 batts are only 20-30 bucks each. buy a p1 and rig up some fpv. you will love it.

Got home yesterday and found a phantom Quadcopter on my front porch, is there an easy to return this to the owner?

clfpole said:
Got home yesterday and found a phantom Quadcopter on my front porch, is there an easy to return this to the owner?

Yes - send it to me. :lol:

If you really did find one that someone lost, and it has no address or return information then you might want to advertise in Craig's list or similar (free). The owner would probably appreciate it (a lot).

Also, it might help to post where you are from - the person who lost it may be on here and can be identified.

Thanks for asking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka