General Discussion Forum

Rhudspeth said:
I had a crash and now I cant get full tilt up anyone have any suggestions on calibration of the gimbal ? everything works fine just wont come up quite as far as it did before crash and it goes past 90 looking down

I had the same thing happened. I tried everything but nothing worked. I contacted DJI Los Angelos and they sent me a RMA number to mail my Gimbal in for repairs. It's been two weeks and I'm still waiting.

FangsCPO said:
Rhudspeth said:
I had a crash and now I cant get full tilt up anyone have any suggestions on calibration of the gimbal ? everything works fine just wont come up quite as far as it did before crash and it goes past 90 looking down

I had the same thing happened. I tried everything but nothing worked. I contacted DJI Los Angelos and they sent me a RMA number to mail my Gimbal in for repairs. It's been two weeks and I'm still waiting.

Was this on your 550 or a Phantom? What happened?

The F550 for some reason lost signal with the original radio at about a height of 30-40 feet and crashed. I quickly replaced the radio and no issues since then. The gimbal in the crash could never look straight ahead after the crash. So I sent it in about two weeks ago and it just came back today. No charge.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

FangsCPO said:
The F550 for some reason lost signal with the original radio at about a height of 30-40 feet and crashed. I quickly replaced the radio and no issues since then. The gimbal in the crash could never look straight ahead after the crash. So I sent it in about two weeks ago and it just came back today. No charge.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I swapped the radio out a week or two after I got mine running. I think I'm glad I did! I've been pushing it a little (600 meters, etc). Was it the DEVO radio? No failsafe? How far out was it? I was thinking about using the DEVO for a park flyer.

ladykate said:
FangsCPO said:
Rhudspeth said:

Was this on your 550 or a Phantom? What happened?
it was on my phantom 2

Hello All
Just registered on this forum. My first post.
I Have been given what I think is a Phantom 1. (old style Transmitter board). Of course it dose't fly. The transmiter antenna is broken off. The receiver antenna is also missing. My first question is; Are replacement parts available? 2nd. Is there an upgrade for the transmitter and receiver rather than trying to repair them.
I have some limited experence with RC airplanes.
Thank's for any help.

peetee805 said:
Hello All
Just registered on this forum. My first post.
I Have been given what I think is a Phantom 1. (old style Transmitter board). Of course it dose't fly. The transmiter antenna is broken off. The receiver antenna is also missing. My first question is; Are replacement parts available? 2nd. Is there an upgrade for the transmitter and receiver rather than trying to repair them.
I have some limited experence with RC airplanes.
Thank's for any help.

You can purchase the replacement receiver from DJI for close to $20, but I don't think you can buy just the antenna for the transmitter (though you can get the whole unit). You could also just take the opportunity to swap in an aftermarket 2.4GHz radio set of your choice.

Adam said:
If it doesn't fit in the other forums, this is the place.

Does anyone have any experience with the "Ttongr" batteries for the P2 advertised on Ebay? They claim they're the same as DJI, less expensive, and provide 2 more minutes of flight time.

Re: IOC /GPS

Phantom 2, When using IOC is GPS still engaged in other words will it still hover in one spot after taking hands off of sticks. And if so would it make a difference if I was in home lock or course lock

Will be receiving Phantom 2 shortly on order for a week and a half. Just trying to get as much Intel as possible.

Re: IOC /GPS

Garysam said:
Phantom 2, When using IOC is GPS still engaged in other words will it still hover in one spot after taking hands off of sticks. And if so would it make a difference if I was in home lock or course lock

Will be receiving Phantom 2 shortly on order for a week and a half. Just trying to get as much Intel as possible.

Yep. It is engaged.

JoeColorado said:
How do I PM someone on this forum? I use other forums and feel like an idiot....
Click the PM button on the left, right under the members name.

neoneo said:
Do you have to calibrate itand rotate the P2V plus every time you start it to connect the GPS? Or just the first time. I've heard both

In my case, I do the calibration process ("gps dance") every time the P2V (+) it´s being updated and before it´s first flight.

Greetings

DJIp2v said:
neoneo said:
Do you have to calibrate itand rotate the P2V plus every time you start it to connect the GPS? Or just the first time. I've heard both

In my case, I do the calibration process ("gps dance") every time the P2V (+) it´s being updated and before it´s first flight.

Greetings

that sounds reasonable. thank you

neoneo said:
DJIp2v said:
neoneo said:

Greetings

that sounds reasonable. thank you

And in my case I only do it after firmware updates or after adding/removing hardware. I don't routinely calibrate every flying session. But I do fly a test hover at 10ft at the start of the first flight of the day to check for a solid hold and normal reactions to controls.

However often you choose to calibrate the important thing is to do it in a good "safe" area - wide open, not near any ferro-magnetic materials (inlcuding below ground) or other sources of potential concern (like next to your car, metal railings, etc). It's possible to cause a problem that wasn't there with a bad calibration. Been there, done that!

And in my case I only do it after firmware updates or after adding/removing hardware. I don't routinely calibrate every flying session. But I do fly a test hover at 10ft at the start of the first flight of the day to check for a solid hold and normal reactions to controls.

However often you choose to calibrate the important thing is to do it in a good "safe" area - wide open, not near any ferro-magnetic materials (inlcuding below ground) or other sources of potential concern (like next to your car, metal railings, etc). It's possible to cause a problem that wasn't there with a bad calibration. Been there, done that![/quote]

i was planning on doing it in my back yard because that is where i want my home point to be. buy i have a huge trampoline right in the middle. that has a lot of metal. should i not do it there? no matter where i go in my back yard i'll be within 30 feet of the trampoline

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor