FW update question :-)

Reaction score
Hi there guys, the noob with silly questions is back :p
I was wondering if you reckin it is better to do the drone FW updates via the app or via the pc software.
I did an RC update via the app without problems, but a friend of mine told me it's better to do the drone updates via PC ... your thoughts and experience (P4 related only)?

Thank you very very much!

Ever since I updated the FW, my altitude reporting seems to be malfunctioning. The same thing happened to a friend's P3Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I always update with DJI GO. The DJI Assistant 2 app could be handy though if you need to reset the firmware for some reason.

If you're connected to home wi-fi router to download FW update, beware RC and craft might interfere with it. Make sure sure your router is not too far and strong wi-fi signal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've updated once with the app. Second time kept on failing so I did it via PC. Since then I've only done it by PC.

...but a friend of mine told me it's better to do the drone updates via PC ...
Did your friend say WHY he/she feels it's better to update via PC? When someone tells me something is "better", I want to know why.

I've always updated using the app never had any issues.
I too use the app with no problem. On a side note does anyone know an easy way to remove the firmware files from your iphone/ipad/device as it seems to store each version there and they are piling up.

From what I know you can do the updates by pic but it's highly recommended to update via the app, why , I couldn't say but I've done both without a problem, what I really HATE though is doing visual calibration of the sensors on the DJI assistant 2 app! I know it isn't actually an update but that sucks LoL took me 3 tries last night until it was successful!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan