FPVLR dipoles absolutely AMAZING

@FPVLR do u got install instructions and mounts for these or a pic of them installed so we can see how they mount.
as per FPVLR

"Just like in the picture, 45 degrees to the legs of the phantom, on both sides so they are 90 degrees to each other"

#42 FPVLR, Monday at 4:38 PM

as per FPVLR

"Just like in the picture, 45 degrees to the legs of the phantom, on both sides so they are 90 degrees to each other"

#42 FPVLR, Monday at 4:38 PM

Sorry, but those are not installation instructions. Why is it so hard for someone to sit down and take a few minutes to write a set of step-by-step instructions. It doesn't really take all that long to do. FPVLR?

Not everyone who would like to do some of these mods is all that familiar with electrical or mechanical modifications, and most of us don't want to have to mail our Phantoms all over the world to have someone else do them for us. Write a set of instructions that most laymen could follow. You might be surprised at how that could increase sales.

Sorry, but those are not installation instructions. Why is it so hard for someone to sit down and take a few minutes to write a set of step-by-step instructions. It doesn't really take all that long to do. FPVLR?

Not everyone who would like to do some of these mods is all that familiar with electrical or mechanical modifications, and most of us don't want to have to mail our Phantoms all over the world to have someone else do them for us. Write a set of instructions that most laymen could follow. You might be surprised at how that could increase sales.
My apologies hdcharlie to ruffle your feather this morning. I thought Prowler meant how to mount the antenna on the connectors assuming that the connectors were already installed. Here is a video of how to install the connectors. Have a good day.

Reactions: Brent10
My apologies hdcharlie to ruffle your feather this morning. I thought Prowler meant how to mount the antenna on the connectors assuming that the connectors were already installed. Here is a video of how to install the connectors. Have a good day.

My mini-rant wasn't directed at you, but thanks anyway, from many of us, I imagine, for the video. My post was really addressed to the many small and large manufacturers who take it for granted that everyone knows how to work with their products.

Woohoo! 15166 feet with out any external boosters, with no loss of FPV. who sys that two antenna companies cannot collaborate. Props to Dbs Mods ITElite Antenna panel and FPVLR dipoles fplvr.com. A great combination for your Phantom Vision +.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Woohoo! 15166 feet with out any external boosters, with no loss of FPV. who sys that two antenna companies cannot collaborate. Props to Dbs Mods ITElite Antenna panel and FPVLR dipoles fplvr.com. A great combination for your Phantom Vision +.
I have the dipoles and the Itelite and I broke my record this morning with 1.59 miles. I lost controller signal at that point but never lost FPV/wifi.
Except for the Itelite do you have any mods to the 5.8 MHz controller signal, FLPTFLYER?

EDIT: I found the answer over on the Facebook long range page. Congrats! Awesome.

Last edited:
I have the dipoles and the Itelite and I broke my record this morning with 1.59 miles. I lost controller signal at that point but never lost FPV/wifi.
Except for the Itelite do you have any mods to the 5.8 MHz controller signal, FLPTFLYER?

EDIT: I found the answer over on the Facebook long range page. Congrats! Awesome.
Hi Brent, I have no mods for Phantom control. That is my next mod with the help of Tony at FPVLR.

sorry guys for the missing instructions, I thought these would not sell so well, did it just to do a favor for some customers, a picture would definitely help.

We do have 5.8Ghz dipoles , made with same technique as he 2.4s that will increase rc range

Hi Tony,

Can't see the 5.8Ghz dipoles on your site yet, do you have a link to them yet?

Thanks
John

Thank you for making a very easy to follow video dude.

Reactions: FLPTFLYER
I were to do both the 5.8 and the 2.4GHZ can someone so me the best place on the legs (which legs for 2.4 and which legs for 5.8) and if both mods are added is there no fear of then interfering with each other?

Last edited:
I installed a set of Those Dipoles on my Camera-Worker Drone (P2V+).

My flights were near Ground Level; not high altitude drag-strip type flights.

The range was increased from 4300 feet to 5280 feet. A difference of about 1000 feet.

Approx 22% increase in distance for ground level flight.

However, variables that may have differed are:
  • Repeater-Helper Drone hovering altitude
  • Flying closer to a tree line vs open field

Just came in from a flight and noticed one of my 2.4GHZ had broken off at the tee. I just sent an email in hopes of being able to purchase just an antenna, maybe two to have a spare.

Tony is a freaking antenna genius . He made me a set of 2.4 ghz bird side dipoles and the results were incredible. I made it out to 3 miles on the highest resolution setting and I was worried about the battery level so I turned around. FPVLR is the best in my opinion and the results prove it. Customer service is #1. I couldn't be happier. Thank you Tony
What are you doing for controller mod, i cant find antenna combo to get that distance with p2v+ i'm good on the wi-fi end! You say your using itelite for vision? I didnt know it was capable of that range! Feedback please! Awesome stuff

I've since sold my p2v+ with that setup for a p3 pro with the dbs itelite antenna (crazy range ) but the itelite antenna with 3 amps and the fpvlr can do 3 miles . There's a couple guys who have gone further with the same setup. What kind of set up are using now?

Yeah the fpvlr 2.4 ghz dipoles work amazing but there have been a few reports of them breaking off though . So hopefully they have been making them a little bit stronger . It's a great combination of 2 antenna makers . Good luck !! Happy safe flying!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20