Maxxuav story, all should read!

Reaction score
Long story, sorry
I just thought I'd share an experience ,

I've dealt with companies my entire life, from terrible to over the top and I just never experienced something beyond over the top until now.
As we know this forum is awesome for all sorts of things, including the friendly and awesome people here that helps all of us noobs.

I received my Phanom 3 Pro a few months ago and really wanted to explore antenna's and devices to allow me to travel further but more so penetrate the trees I have around me in South Florida.

After a long time of researching different companies and antenna's, I decided to go with the company that answered my quick short answers that I submitted and that was Maxxuav.

I decided to order the Maxxrange antenna, while large it's pretty light and I figured I go with the best out of the gate, the helpful handholding process was awesome, every single question I asked was not only answered but answered within a time frame you could measure with a second hand watch. :)
After installing and setting up the antenna I was completely floored with the quality and craftsmanship of the mount/cables and antenna itself. My results were awesome, I was able to go distances even in a very populated area with houses, buildings and trees that would go beyond my battery. I hit 3 miles and chickened out with full strength, turned around.

While this was a game changer I still wanted something that would allow me to stay at a low altitude, obviously 50-100ft and 3 miles is virtually impossible, 50-100 feet altitude even a few thousand feet away, going through houses and trees will make anyones signal drop. This is when I decided I wanted to go boosted.

I bought the boosted kit of course from the same great company and when it arrived I was excited to try this out, again perfectly crafted kit, battery and boosters. I normally test my range/antenna's and channel testing on the same run, about 400 ft high down a certain stretch of road that leads to the everglades, my first run something was terribly wrong because I was getting out about 2-3k feet and signal was completely lost. I quickly brought it back and wondered where I've gone wrong, after many more tests I realized these boosters were not working at all. Jacob was quickly on the case and had me return the boosters for 2 more, even went into grave detail about sunhans boosters sent out some bad boosters on accident and he will get me 2 new ones that do work.

About a week ago I received these new boosters and quickly installed them, during my typical flight route that I test with, once again at about 2-3k feet out something went wrong, instead of losing complete signal I lost video completely. This was extremely frustrating as I'm sure everyone would agree and at this point it was time to hang it up and just be happy with a great antenna.

Jacob assured me even during this process of returning the boosters and getting the new ones , if this didn't work out I'd get a complete refund (also good to note, he paid the shipping from and to during all of this) so I wrote him and basically told him it was over, despite new boosters it was still terrible.

Many companies at this point would've just had me return the product and call it a day, but Jacob was determined, he knows his product and knows something wasn't right and obviously not being here he doesn't know exactly what it is but had some theories. He told me he is sending me his personal setup, boosters battery pack and 2 new internal wires (clean install)

Yesterday I received them, opened the controller and installed the new cables also noticing the washer and nut for the cables were a little different than the originals, better designed with a washer that's designed to recess into the controller.

After everything was installed it was time to once again fly my route, this time my altitude was lower than normal, with fear of the obvious I couldn't believe my eyes when I hit 10k feet out, then 15k feet and eventually at 18k feet with my hands shaking and still full signal strength I turned around . The wind was at my back so I got out there super fast, trying to not jump up and down in excitement I got back with battery life to spare and decided to test out what I originally bought this for in the first place, I took it below houses,tons of trees and boom, still full signal strength.

Today I completed my final tests, sitting out on my patio I brought the drone to 50 feet high and took it all around, underneath trees that would normally kill my signal, took it over all sorts of obstacles with signal strength still full, it's like when you first get your drone and you're scared to push it further, I still haven't gotten to that point of losing signal and the honest truth is I really have no plans to, its perfect the way it is.

TLDR,
Jacob at Maxxuav.com has gone beyond the scope of customer service and deserves as much credit as I could give, for ensuring his product works as intended.

some pics of my setup and what not.

my first run when I got the antenna
20160717_163541_zpstnyfbkc5.jpg

20160717_163535_zpsjnzf8rjv.jpg

20160716_145846_zpsi9mgndkq.jpg

20160717_163549_zpshcthnwxd.jpg

20160717_185627_zpsnhqim5jf.jpg

20160717_185632_zpsoq4z6j2g.jpg

When I got the boosted setup

20160725_205905_zpssbkdsd94.jpg

20160725_205910_zpsqeickzhf.jpg

20160725_205927_zpsxjhruowx.jpg

Last night re-opening the controller and installing new cables
20160725_205927_zpsxjhruowx.jpg

20160826_204248_zpsfqfeavom.jpg

Reactions: Mark The Droner
awesome to hear glad you got it working

Yep, their respond time and service always go for the extra mile. I would definitely stick with them for future purchases.

I can only agree, I had a postal issue that they worked tirelessly to rectify (it was not their fault by the way).
I have imported and exported for 20 years and a lot of Blue Chip Companies could learn a lot from these guys !

@fastfed you mentioned everglades. I'm in Hollywood and typically go out there as well. Where are you located?

Sent via Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Tapatalk

@fastfed you mentioned everglades. I'm in Hollywood and typically go out there as well. Where are you located?

Sent via Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Tapatalk

Coral Springs.

I also take it out to Boyton Beach inlet, Fort lauderdale pier (fishing)
we could meet up one day, stitch together a sick video

Reactions: Zeprider

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj