FPV kit help

Hey rebelyellNC, if its too much to ask, any chance you could take a snap shot of you screen with the OSD on it with the N1 Naza OSD. Just want to see what its like before I get it, I am having issues with knowing that most of it is in chineese.

Also been looking on ebay and watching videos what is the difference from what you have what I have found is called FFOSD N1?

Last edited:
Hey rebelyellNC, if its too much to ask, any chance you could take a snap shot of you screen with the OSD on it with the N1 Naza OSD. Just want to see what its like before I get it, I am having issues with knowing that most of it is in chineese.

Also been looking on ebay and watching videos what is the difference from what you have what I have found is called FFOSD N1?

I don't remember the difference in these two, since it's been a while since I ordered mine. But you could type "FFOSD N1" in the Ebay search, and compare the features of the two.

As for the pics, here ya go. The first one is the N1 OSD position reference grid. It is used to provide coordinates during programming of each icon and where you want it on the screen. Just remember, the icons index from the left and progress to the right, so on those appearing on the right side of your screen, be sure to leave enough room for the data to fill in without going off the screen. That is why my Lat and Long are at the TOP of the screen and not the sides.

N1 OSD Position Grid.jpg

Next is the N1 OSD screen itself as it appears on the monitor. Don't worry about the fuzziness of the pic, that's just my poor shaking hands. The display is quite clear and overlays your live FPV video. It's hard to tell from this pic, but the only two Chinese icons are the one in the middle at the top (lat or long) and the one on the bottom left (forward speed). All the rest are either picture icons (like the satellite) or letters (like D=distance, H=height) Hope this helps...

N1 OSD Screen.JPG

Yes it does help thanks. I know with the N3 mini u need a can hub but this one is cheap. For the most part your happy with the display not everything is in chineese correct. Also my replacement kit is in just have to sweet talk my wife to go over to port huron to pick it up. They soldered all the wires except the 2 i need to connect to my birds power source. Also several bullet connectors shrink wrap for wiring all shapes and sizes and a wiring net. They also tested it so it should work when i hook it up.

For the most part your happy with the display not everything is in chineese correct

That's right. As mentioned above, only Lat/Long and Speed are a Chinese icon, everything else is either a graphic or English. Even those two don't present a problem, because the Lat/Long data is clearly different from everything else on the screen and the Speed is in kM/hr, so that's pretty clear.

OK, hook that boy up and get flyin'. Let us know...

Hell rebelyellNC, the 9450 props you have do they work well. I am going to get a set of them, with all my fpv kit on the phantom and camera and my dual battery setup i am just at or a little above what dji says is the max take off weight, i never listen to the official numbers, mine is taking off just great, it lags a bit but once up in the air a few ft it flys great, maybe these 9450 props will work a little better.

Are these props carbon fibre, if i look them up on ebay do i just look for 9450 props?

Hell rebelyellNC, the 9450 props you have do they work well. I am going to get a set of them, with all my fpv kit on the phantom and camera and my dual battery setup i am just at or a little above what dji says is the max take off weight, i never listen to the official numbers, mine is taking off just great, it lags a bit but once up in the air a few ft it flys great, maybe these 9450 props will work a little better.

Are these props carbon fibre, if i look them up on ebay do i just look for 9450 props?

Hey Droid, be sure to look for genuine DJI 9450 props. Whatever you do, don't get carbon fiber. There are a number of threads on here about trouble flying and responsiveness with carbon fiber props. One guy just posted last week that his bird wouldn't even take off with CF. I'm sure some have had good success, but for me it's the original 9450s in plastic. The thrust boosted design of these props will give you a little extra "umph" at takeoff. Mine is at 1246 grams AUW and it jumps up really good.

OK sounds great, just looking on ebay now. So look for origninal 9450 i need white ones and makesure it does not say carbon fibre on the listing.

Check out this find Not sure yet on whether i will get this one price is not bad less than 70 canadian all i need to do is run some wires to my tx and cam. DJI Phantom FPV Mini OSD System USD3 Hello,

Thanks for the message. You can use this little OSD with almost any traditional FPV TX / Camera set up, however it is not "plug and play" as you will need to create a custom wiring harness that will integrate this unit into your camera and 5.8ghz FPV TX. Its light weight and compact design makes it ideal for use on smaller quadcopters and planes or any other model where saving weight is crucial. The GPS will not affect your Phantoms GPS.

This GPS OSD system enables you to view vital data real-time while flying your FPV model. Things such as battery voltage, flight time, ground speed and GPS coordinates are all within view while using this system. This is a must have for you FPV model!
Features:
- GPS Coordinate Display
- Time Display
- Ground Speed Display
- Voltmeter
- Stopwatch
- RSSI Receiver Signal Strength Detection
- Programmable Display Content
- Supports NTSC and PAL TV Signal
- Supports Anti-Glare Shade Control Signal
- Supports Manual Calibration
Specs.
Weight: Main Board - 4.6g / GPS Module - 25g
Dimensions: Main Board - 34x4x20mm / GPS Module - 45x10x42mm
Working Voltage: Main Board - 7.4~12V / GPS Module - 5V

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. Thanks for your patience and professionalism. I appreciate your business.

Best regards,
Ryan

What about these bad boys will they work? 2 Pairs 9" 9450 Self-Tightening CW CCW Propeller Prop For DJI Phantom 2 / 3

What about these bad boys will they work? 2 Pairs 9" 9450 Self-Tightening CW CCW Propeller Prop For DJI Phantom 2 / 3

Without seeing the actual item from a link, they sound like the real deal.

Check out this find Not sure yet on whether i will get this one price is not bad less than 70 canadian all i need to do is run some wires to my tx and cam. DJI Phantom FPV Mini OSD System USD3 Hello,

Thanks for the message. You can use this little OSD with almost any traditional FPV TX / Camera set up, however it is not "plug and play" as you will need to create a custom wiring harness that will integrate this unit into your camera and 5.8ghz FPV TX. Its light weight and compact design makes it ideal for use on smaller quadcopters and planes or any other model where saving weight is crucial. The GPS will not affect your Phantoms GPS.

This GPS OSD system enables you to view vital data real-time while flying your FPV model. Things such as battery voltage, flight time, ground speed and GPS coordinates are all within view while using this system. This is a must have for you FPV model!
Features:
- GPS Coordinate Display
- Time Display
- Ground Speed Display
- Voltmeter
- Stopwatch
- RSSI Receiver Signal Strength Detection
- Programmable Display Content
- Supports NTSC and PAL TV Signal
- Supports Anti-Glare Shade Control Signal
- Supports Manual Calibration
Specs.
Weight: Main Board - 4.6g / GPS Module - 25g
Dimensions: Main Board - 34x4x20mm / GPS Module - 45x10x42mm
Working Voltage: Main Board - 7.4~12V / GPS Module - 5V

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. Thanks for your patience and professionalism. I appreciate your business.

Best regards,
Ryan

Um, sounds a little fishy if it's a REAL DJI iOSD Mini. You can switch those words around a little and not have the genuine product. For a P1, the genuine iOSD Mini requires a CANBUS port, which is supplied by a DJI PMU V2. Both these together are around $130, that's why this item described here sounds a little off. Can you send a link?

No worries i am going with the official dji iosd and pmu v2 thats all i need from what the youtube video describes found a guy who put this exact one in his 1.1 bird.

Hey one question i have been reading up on the dji osd manual and from what i can tell from that and the youtube video, i cut the wires on the harness from my TX to my camera and take the yellow and black from the camera and attach them to the wires going into the video in and grnd on the iosd, and the yellow and black wires from the TX go to the wires that go into the video out and grnd on tha IOSD. Now the red wires that supply power right now to the tx and cam are not needed right? because the PMU will supply that correct? Those red wires in my case one with a jst plug on it to supply power from my accessorie wires on the drone to the cam and tx wont be needed any more. If anyone knows this let me know, before i go ahead and do it.. This OSD and PMU are a birthday gift from my wife so i wont be hooking up till the end of april

I guess what i am trying to say is right now i have the power from my accessory wires on the drone powering up the TX and cam through the wiring harness supplied in the kit. On the PMU there is also a red and black wire thats suppose to be hooked up to the power as well, in the video the guy solders it to the battery power leads coming off of the main board. Do i need both power supplies one to the tx and cam and the other that powers the PMU and IOSD? The rest of the wire hookups are not to hard to figure out with video in and out etc for the tx and cam to the IOSD.

Hey one question i have been reading up on the dji osd manual and from what i can tell from that and the youtube video, i cut the wires on the harness from my TX to my camera and take the yellow and black from the camera and attach them to the wires going into the video in and grnd on the iosd, and the yellow and black wires from the TX go to the wires that go into the video out and grnd on tha IOSD. Now the red wires that supply power right now to the tx and cam are not needed right? because the PMU will supply that correct? Those red wires in my case one with a jst plug on it to supply power from my accessorie wires on the drone to the cam and tx wont be needed any more. If anyone knows this let me know, before i go ahead and do it.. This OSD and PMU are a birthday gift from my wife so i wont be hooking up till the end of april

don't cut any wires presently powering your cam and vTx, they still need direct power.

What is a TRACKIMO rebelyellNC?

A Trackimo is the GPS locator device that saved my bacon twice already since March of 2015. I did not have one on my first P1.1.1 and it's down in the swamp somewhere, decorating some bear's den or deer's man cave. They are a definite necessity for anyone doing long range FPV flights. I spent two weeks, a couple hours a day (sometimes more), with as many as six people helping, doing a grid search with a compass and surveyor's ribbon, trying to find my crashed bird, but no cigar. When my current Phantom had a flyaway recently, the Trackimo put me dead on it with no worries. My advice, DON'T FLY beyond line of sight without some type tracking device. :eek::eek::eek: They're a little pricey, but worth saving the $800 to $1000 you'll have invested in your gear.

I wont cut any wires i figured out by searching i need direct power for the tx and cam, the power leads on the pmuv2 are for it and the iosd. I guess all i need to do is cut the yellow wire between the tx and cam what about the ground wire between the tx and cam should i cut it along with the yellow and splice into wires on the iosd as per insrtuctions

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl