FPV Camera (iOS) for P3

I was able to print it from Facebook, but why don't you put that in a larger print in a pdf file so it's easier to read and download? Facebook print is small and hard to see. Basic instructions would also be nice.

I tried RTH last night and it started to land at that spot, did not return to home. The video filicker was gone.

Feature suggestion. Add to the Custom Telemetry items the Compass Mod value. It would also be great if a Custom warning could be added that will warn if the Compass Mod value is above a selectable value. Currently, a compass error warning warns if the Mod value reaches 2000, but I'd like to know if it gets above 1700.

Feature suggestion. Add to the Custom Telemetry items the Compass Mod value. It would also be great if a Custom warning could be added that will warn if the Compass Mod value is above a selectable value. Currently, a compass error warning warns if the Mod value reaches 2000, but I'd like to know if it gets above 1700.
It doesn't seem to get Compass Mod value from previous version SDK. We will double check the latest SDK 2.3 later.

image.jpg
The FPV goggles thing is why I got it. And it works great on early testing. I've only made short flights so far, but as warned the iPhone 6 gets very hot in that case with all the CPU burden.
Is that a common problem? Does it often cause problems?
Being able to see it in full sunlight is great even if you didn't want FPV.
I haven't tried in flight switching from the split screen Goggles view to the regular view but I hope it can do that safely.

View attachment 27484 The FPV goggles thing is why I got it. And it works great on early testing. I've only made short flights so far, but as warned the iPhone 6 gets very hot in that case with all the CPU burden.
Is that a common problem? Does it often cause problems?
Being able to see it in full sunlight is great even if you didn't want FPV.
I haven't tried in flight switching from the split screen Goggles view to the regular view but I hope it can do that safely.
It's safe to switch between FPV Goggles mode to Camera mode (or vice versa) though it may loss a few seconds of video feed and flight log data during switch.

We tested a similar headset of what you are using, which is with close compartment and causing iPhone overheated especially in summer. You may refer to "Headset Considerations" section in the Help > FPV Goggles > Features or https://www.facebook.com/notes/fpv-booster/fpv-goggles-app-ios-for-p3-i1/591886014247542 for details.

Meanwhile, we have further improved video CPG/GPU usage in the next release v1.1. It will reduce heat generated from iPhone.

So, you set up compass calibration and RTH in DJI Go, close the app and open yours to fly? Correct?
It's unnecessary to calibrate compass or configure RTH before every flight. I probably calibrated compass only 7-8 times in the past 18 months with hundreds of flights of P2V, P2V+ and P3P.

A new beta of FPV Camera v1.1 is available in TestFlight for beta testing.

What's New in v1.1:
• Improve FPV live video feed performance by optimizing CPU/GPU usage
• Toggle iPhone camera (to see surrounding) and live video feed in FPV Goggles mode
• Improve import/export performance of CSV files in Flight Log
• Flight Log deletion
• Automatic/manual Gimbal Roll Adjustment
• Other minor bugs fixing

11873473_614960525273424_3166049014405082105_n.jpg

Last edited:
Not so unfortunately. Its hit or miss. Some have seen a help, some have not. Many of the folks who are still suffering need the gimbal roll adjustment, although even that is not a fix for everyone. In my case, the gimbal tilt angle changes throughout a flight, so even with a gimbal roll adjustment I will still have a tilted horizon. Others however have better results with the adjustment, especially now since DJI finally made the adjustment a sticky setting that does not need to be entered every flight. You should put this feature on your list for the next release.
I think we have addressed this issue by 2 additional settings in the upcoming version 1.1 as below.

• Gimbal Roll Adjustment: Select gimbal adjustment type of Disable/Auto/Manual. "Auto" means to check and adjust gimbal leveling every 2 seconds. "Manual" means to adjust and save gimbal roll angle per "Manual Gimbal Roll" setting below, which is similar to "Adjust Gimbal Roll" in DJI GO/Pilot app.

• Manual Gimbal Roll: Adjust gimbal roll manually with 0.1° precision. Sometimes it's hard to adjust 0.1° with touchscreen slider, you may use right-dial (Camera Settings Dial) for tiny adjustment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso
DJI registration service for iOS SDK apps is temporary unavailable for the time being. You may get "App Register Failed: (ErrorCode: -3)" or "App Register Failed: (ErrorCode: -14)" message when opening new installed iOS apps. It's probably due to their server's SSL certificate expired. We reported this issue to DJI and also posted to DJI SDK forumDJI Forum|iOS SDK timeout ("ErrorCode:-3")‏ previously.

Hope DJI will fix the issue shortly. You may need to shutdown and re-open the app. If you don't see this ErrorCode: -3 or -14 message, then it should be registered successfully.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20