FPV Camera (iOS) for P3

I'm aware some P3 pilots experienced FPV lagging & pixelation with DJI GO app on iPad Mini 2/3/4 and iOS 9. I'm curious any pilots experienced the same issue on FPV Camera app?

Hi PVFlyer,
I downloaded your app today - great layout and easy to navigate the features and settings. I did have a connection issue but I followed your help guide and was able to resolve it with in 2mins.

I've only ground tested the app will fly with it tomorrow. But I can let you know the processor on my iPad mini 2 seems to run about 55% with spikes to 70+/- the back of the iPad feels much cooler.

I did not notice any pixelation with Fpv camera app where I did with the dji app. Tested back to back in the same location nothing changed except for which app was running - dji pixelation - FPV camera no pixelation. So in short I'm happy with the results so far.

P3P latest firmware
iPad mini 2 latest dji go app and iOS9.0.1

Hi PVFlyer,
I downloaded your app today - great layout and easy to navigate the features and settings. I did have a connection issue but I followed your help guide and was able to resolve it with in 2mins.

I've only ground tested the app will fly with it tomorrow. But I can let you know the processor on my iPad mini 2 seems to run about 55% with spikes to 70+/- the back of the iPad feels much cooler.

I did not notice any pixelation with Fpv camera app where I did with the dji app. Tested back to back in the same location nothing changed except for which app was running - dji pixelation - FPV camera no pixelation. So in short I'm happy with the results so far.

P3P latest firmware
iPad mini 2 latest dji go app and iOS9.0.1
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Glad to know there is no pixelation in FPV Camera per your ground test. Please keep us posted about your actual flight test.

The app doesn't support gimbal adjustment for the time being, but we can add this feature if necessary. I thought the FW 1.3.2 fixed this issue, after proper IMU calibration.

No.. I'm on 1.4 and have horizon tilt.

No.. I'm on 1.4 and have horizon tilt.
The app has 2 additional settings to address horizon tilt as posted earlier.

• Gimbal Roll Adjustment: Select gimbal adjustment type of Disable/Auto/Manual. "Auto" means to check and adjust gimbal leveling every 2 seconds. "Manual" means to adjust and save gimbal roll angle per "Manual Gimbal Roll" setting below, which is similar to "Adjust Gimbal Roll" in DJI GO/Pilot app.

• Manual Gimbal Roll: Adjust gimbal roll manually with 0.1° precision. Sometimes it's hard to adjust 0.1° with touchscreen slider, you may use right-dial (Camera Settings Dial) for tiny adjustment.

• Gimbal Roll Adjustment: Select gimbal adjustment type of Disable/Auto/Manual. "Auto" means to check and adjust gimbal leveling every 2 seconds. "Manual" means to adjust and save gimbal roll angle per "Manual Gimbal Roll" setting below, which is similar to "Adjust Gimbal Roll" in DJI GO/Pilot app.

• Manual Gimbal Roll: Adjust gimbal roll manually with 0.1° precision. Sometimes it's hard to adjust 0.1° with touchscreen slider, you may use right-dial (Camera Settings Dial) for tiny adjustment.
Thanks again for being so responsive and adding the auto gimbal roll adjustment so soon after we chatted about it a couple of months back. Has anyone reported back that the automatic gimbal roll adjustment has helped with their drifting horizon issues?

Haven't received the email from Apple yet. Are they slow to respond usually?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hello, I downloaded this app and was very excited about using it because I have the VR box just sitting there collecting dust.

For some reason I'm not getting any video feed. The screen says, "homepoint locked" "connection succeeded" but the screen is black. I loaded the DJI go app and the camera was working fine. At one point the camera worked and got excited so I turned it off and ran outside to turn it on again but no camera feed. Very frustrating.

Thanks again for being so responsive and adding the auto gimbal roll adjustment so soon after we chatted about it a couple of months back.

Has anyone reported back that the automatic gimbal roll adjustment has helped with their drifting horizon issues?
@PVFlyer - Thanks again for being so responsive and adding the auto gimbal roll adjustment so soon after we chatted about it a couple of months back.

Has anyone reported back that the automatic gimbal roll adjustment has helped with their drifting horizon issues?

Ide love to be able to, but it appears Im on ignore. Great way to build a customer base and thank those willing to help!

I did get the first email form your system.. quite a while ago. But nothing from Apple at all. PM sent

Ill check again. But I get several emails from Apple a week. Maybe a hyper deleting happened. Thanks

@PVFlyer - Thanks again for being so responsive and adding the auto gimbal roll adjustment so soon after we chatted about it a couple of months back.

Haven't heard (couldn't recall) much about auto gimbal roll adjustment. I guess the latest DJI firmware fixed the problem for many pilots.

What's your experience of using it?

Haven't heard (couldn't recall) much about auto gimbal roll adjustment. I guess the latest DJI firmware fixed the problem for many pilots.

What's your experience of using it?
Our conversation about it is entirely in this very thread, leading to the auto gimbal roll adjustment being added to the app in version 1.1. Perhaps more than one person is using the @PVFlyer account.

Here are a couple of highlights:
FPV Camera (iOS) for P3 | DJI Phantom Forum

FPV Camera (iOS) for P3 | DJI Phantom Forum

FPV Camera (iOS) for P3 | Page 2 | DJI Phantom Forum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20