FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range

Hovtech said:
PVFlyer,
I have been trying to PM you but it doesn't seem to go thru.
Hi,
I was one of your original beta testers. I bought the booster app. I use my old Razr Maxx phone that is not connected to cellular, wi-fi only. I just put a new rom in it and this process wiped the phone memory. I want to reinstall the booster app, but it wants the full fee again. How do I get around this and get the booster app back?
Thanks,
Hovtech
I think if you login Google play store with the SAME google ID as you purchased the app, you should be able to download the app without paying again.

Re: FPV Booster app DOUBLE FPV Range

Hovtech said:
Hmmm, seems not to be the case.
Weird, our booster app is similar to other Android/iOS paid apps. Once you bought it, you should be able to download it again on the same or different devices. You may double check your current Google account used on Play Store.

Pvflyer , are you still out of town ? I know you said you where going away for awhile. Then when you came back you would work on the channel 7 mod.

PVFlyer said:
Hovtech said:
Weird, our booster app is similar to other Android/iOS paid apps. Once you bought it, you should be able to download it again on the same or different devices. You may double check your current Google account used on Play Store.

Since I've paid for it already I want to download on my kindle HD Fire, I have Chrome, google account signed in and recognizes I've paid for it already, but the drop down box for devices doesn't show my kindle
help!!!
FRED

turbobuick said:
PVFlyer said:
Hovtech said:

Since I've paid for it already I want to download on my kindle HD Fire, I have Chrome, google account signed in and recognizes I've paid for it already, but the drop down box for devices doesn't show my kindle
help!!!
FRED
Kindle is likely an unsupported platform (similar to Epson BT200) for our Android booster app, though you may side load the app onto Kindle. You may also refer to FAQ - Q9 for further details.

tizzl10 said:
10,500 ft range with STOCK extender and only running the epic Vision+ booster by the original poster of this thread.

no wifi antennas necessary. lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzMJojxp9pM[/youtube]
What app is that? Doesn't look like the dji one

FalconPix said:
tizzl10 said:
10,500 ft range with STOCK extender and only running the epic Vision+ booster by the original poster of this thread.

no wifi antennas necessary. lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzMJojxp9pM[/youtube]
What app is that? Doesn't look like the dji one

not an app..its the flytrex 2.0 with dashware overlay.

PVFlyer said:
srandall25 said:
Anyone using FPVLR Stage 2 (pinwheel & half sphere antenna) with the wifi range extender and FPV booster app? I tested this setup for the first time today and left a little confused... Here is why...

Tizz110 who has a lot of long distance flying experience informed me that he routinely achieves around 10,000 feet on a stock wifi range extender with only using the booster app. So I figured, ok, if I use the booster app along with this Stage 2 setup, I should have very good FPV streaming within this range. Today I flew out to 3,000 feet and then the FPV started getting really grainy and experiencing video delays.. It wasn't smooth.. and worried me enough that I flew it back. I tried another time with the same results...

After flying with 5 batteries today, I noticed my range extender was at 20% battery power. I started at 100%. I've never depleted the battery this much on 5 battery use with the booster app. Therefore, I concluded that the two new antennas were putting an additional drain on the battery. Not a big deal, just a realization. Then I thought, I wonder if my long range antenna (the 9dBi half sphere helix) is actually under performing over the stock configuration since I now have two higher gain antennas hanging off the same power source with no additional amplification. I'm actually considering going back to a stock wifi range extender after this experience. If someone like Tizz110 is routinely getting 10,000 with a stock wifi extender and booster app, I'm not sure how I'm benefiting from putting these additional bulky antennas on my range extender...

Your thoughts??

p.s. I'm using the latest firmware and version app...
I suggest to test your antenna mod without using booster app in open area, and identify the issue.

FYI, our booster app does not boost RE, and your antenna mod should not drain extra battery. You may try to swap 2 pigtails connecting to antennas. I suspect you might get bad pigtail cables.
Well, today I got 5000ft with the Stage 2 and booster app. I could have went further, but due to terrain, i returned home... I guess the 3,000ft I got the other day was due to some signal congestion or something... I would have flown another mission but for some reason on my second flight, upon initial launch, i hover tested, had 12 satellites locked, but it wouldn't come out of ATTI mode.. hmmmm...

srandall25 said:
Well, today I got 5000ft with the Stage 2 and booster app. I could have went further, but due to terrain, i returned home... I guess the 3,000ft I got the other day was due to some signal congestion or something... I would have flown another mission but for some reason on my second flight, upon initial launch, i hover tested, had 12 satellites locked, but it wouldn't come out of ATTI mode.. hmmmm...
Glad to know you get better range. I think either booster app V2 or the antenna mod alone should get 5000-6000ft range in open area. Combining both together may reach 7000-9000ft in open area. You also need to fly higher altitude for longer range and maintain LOS.

PVFlyer said:
brorex said:
Any idea when the updated android app may come out?
We target to update Android V2 in late August (or early September). We have been focusing on CH-7 development at the moment.

Does that mean the current version will not support the latest firmware?

chluk2425 said:
PVFlyer said:
brorex said:
We target to update Android V2 in late August (or early September). We have been focusing on CH-7 development at the moment.

If you are referring to Autopilot System firmware 3.06, then it's transparent to our booster app. You can run either iOS or Android booster app on any version of Autopilot System firmware.

PVFlyer said:
chluk2425 said:
PVFlyer said:
brorex said:

If you are referring to Autopilot System firmware 3.06, then it's transparent to our booster app. You can run either iOS or Android booster app on any version of Autopilot System firmware.
So.. which of the updates will cause the booster app not working? If not knowing it I might accidentally update all of them...

tizzl10 said:
RemE said:
The stock Vision's WiFi patch antennas ARE Left Hand Circular polarized, they are patch antennas but have a notch that imparts the circular polarized component. FPVLR made his antennas to be a match.

lol who told you this? what exactly is a patch antenna with a "notch that imparts the circular polarized component."?

Here ... let me Google that for you ... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=patch+antenna+circular+polarization ...

wikipedia said:
It is possible to fabricate patch antennas that radiate circularly-polarized waves. One approach is to excite a single square patch using two feeds, with one feed delayed by 90° with respect to the other. This drives each transverse mode TM_{10} and TM_{01} with equal amplitudes and 90 degrees out of phase. Each mode radiates separately and combine to produce circular polarization. This feed condition is often achieved using a 90 degree hybrid coupler. When the antenna is fed in this manner, the vertical current flow is maximized as the horizontal current flow becomes zero, so the radiated electric field will be vertical; one quarter-cycle later, the situation will have reversed and the field will be horizontal. The radiated field will thus rotate in time, producing a circularly-polarized wave.

An alternative is to use a single feed but introduce some sort of asymmetric slot or other feature on the patch, (like the corner notches on our DJI patches) causing the current distribution to be displaced. A square patch which has been perturbed slightly to produce a rectangular microstrip antenna can be driven along a diagonal and produce circular polarization. The aspect ratio of this rectangle is chosen so each orthogonal mode ( TM_{10} and TM_{01} modes) are both non-resonant. At the driving point of the antenna one mode is +45 degrees and the other -45 degrees to produce the required 90 degree phase shift for circular polarization.

Note that, while circular patches can be used for these techniques, a circular patch does not inherently radiate circularly-polarized waves. A circular patch with a single feed point will create linearly-polarized radiation. If the circular patch antenna is perturbed into an ellipse and fed properly it can produce circularly polarized electromagnetic waves

chluk2425 said:
So.. which of the updates will cause the booster app not working? If not knowing it I might accidentally update all of them...
I'm unaware of any firmware update causing our booster app not working so far. However, you may pay attention to FC200 Camera firmware, which is currently V1.2.5g.

PVFlyer said:
chluk2425 said:
I'm unaware of any firmware update causing our booster app not working so far. However, you may pay attention to FC200 Camera firmware, which is currently V1.2.5g.

Am I correct that the only thing that might affect the booster app would be the firmware for the FC200 camera since that's the one related to the WiFi? what about the central board update?

And the FC200 camera firmware, I was told by DJI (the online chat in DJI's webpage) that we are not able to update it... he told me I could ignore it as long as I have the latest android app... :eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164