FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster app DOUBLE FPV Range

RemE said:
tizzl10 said:
RemE said:
I don't see it as a problem with the Vision and Vision+ as they have left hand polarized patch antennas for their WiFi video link. The helical which was made left hand to match Visions should be fine. Even if it were not, there is only a 3db loss between circular to linear antennas if the Vision was linear polarized which I'm pretty sure it's not.

The only really bad mismatch is between right hand and left hand circulars and between vertical and horizontal linear polarized antennas, something to avoid at all costs.

I vote for a bad pigtail or noisy RF enviornment in your area.

The 5.8Ghz is linear polarized so many of us have changed the TX to a RPSMA connector as well and added an 11db linear patch which seems to work great and is very compact.

I beg to differ..do you have this setup? what are your wifi ranges?

Differ about what? FPVLR and PVFlyer are experts, I'd listen to them on what is in the Visions. I use the booster app in a very noisy urban wifi enviornment with the stock extender on the V+, Stock is lucky to get 1000ft here, boosted allows me to venture further than I dare in this area.

what is "further"? im not doubting the wifi booster app, dude.. I consistently fly 2+ miles with a stock extender and the wifi booster app. what im talking about is a mismatch between a LHCP antenna and the stock phantom wifi antennas.

The stock Vision's WiFi patch antennas ARE Left Hand Circular polarized, they are patch antennas but have a notch that imparts the circular polarized component. FPVLR made his antennas to be a match.

RemE said:
The stock Vision's WiFi patch antennas ARE Left Hand Circular polarized, they are patch antennas but have a notch that imparts the circular polarized component. FPVLR made his antennas to be a match.

I will ask again..what is your flight range distance?

RemE said:

lol who told you this? what exactly is a patch antenna with a "notch that imparts the circular polarized component."?

tizzl10 said:
RemE said:

I'll say again, my stock range was under 1000ft in the noisy enviornments that I'm flying in. The boosted range allows me to go the safe physical limits of the areas I fly, which is under 2000ft. So I'm very happy with my current setup, I just want solid video and control where I fly.

I'm not a long distance flyer and have not traveled to a place where I'd feel safe going for max distance tests.

RemE said:
tizzl10 said:
RemE said:

I'll say again, my stock range was under 1000ft in the noisy enviornments that I'm flying in. The boosted range allows me to go the safe physical limits of the areas I fly, which is under 2000ft. So I'm very happy with my current setup, I just want solid video and control where I fly.

I'm not a long distance flyer and have not traveled to a place where I'd feel safe going for max distance tests.

so shut the hell up then. I can fly 2000 ft distance with a pair of CRT TV rabbit ears. we are talking long distance here buddy.

FPVLR said:
tizzl10 said:
RemE said:

lol who told you this? what exactly is a patch antenna with a "notch that imparts the circular polarized component."?

the patchers are LHCP
DJI used this design
http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script= ... 2000100013

truncated corner plus a offest feeding position.

Of course it's not optimal but it's LHCP.

Tizzl, please , since you are the only one who gets 10k with your setup, it's not nice to pick on who does not.
Can you imagine Usain bolt running the 110 yards in 9.5 seconds, asking the 300lb guy how fast he can run?
Implying that if he can get 9.5s then everyone else can do the same?

That's what you are doing here.

im not the only one flying these distances with just a stock extender..im not special. it can be done.

Hmm, the only person here spewing poor data seems to be you my friend. I'm only here to help.
Try to be nice, OK?

RemE said:
Hmm, the only person here spewing poor data seems to be you my friend. I'm only here to help.
Try to be nice, OK?

I am being nice..im only trying to point out that sticking a LHCP antenna on the wifi extender and calling it a day isn't doing jack for distance. a patch antenna is a patch antenna..period point blank. prove me otherwise. if not, well..

tizzl10 said:
RemE said:
Try to be nice, OK?

I am being nice..im only trying to point out that sticking a LHCP antenna on the wifi extender and calling it a day isn't doing jack for distance. a patch antenna is a patch antenna..period point blank. prove me otherwise. if not, well..

I'm done playing with you as well, my parting comments;

FPVLR and PVFlyer have very well proven that you can in fact use hi gain LHCP antennas on the extender and get huge range improvement with stock Visions and no other mods. You can get better range still if you make changes to the model's antennas as some have done or even amps added to the TX side.

This has been documented in a few threads on this forum for months on end at this point. So one only needs to read and make the appropriate mods to get the distance/performance they seek.

RemE said:
tizzl10 said:
RemE said:
Try to be nice, OK?

I'm done playing with you as well, my parting comments;

FPVLR and PVFlyer have very well proven that you can in fact use hi gain LHCP antennas on the extender and get huge range improvement with stock Visions and no other mods. You can get better range still if you make changes to the model's antennas as some have done or even amps added to the TX side.

This has been documented in a few threads on this forum for months on end at this point. So one only needs to read and make the appropriate mods to get the distance/performance they seek.

I'm done playing with you as well..like I said, the thread you are in is for distance flight. not tooling around your neighborhood streets. when you come back with decent ranges, then you talk to me.

10,500 ft range with STOCK extender and only running the epic Vision+ booster by the original poster of this thread.

no wifi antennas necessary. lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzMJojxp9pM[/youtube]

Gentlemen, we all are here trying to help by identifying where is the issue, if any issue on antenna mod, booster app or something else. That's why I suggested to test flight in open area without running booster app to isolate where is the issue step by step.

The OP lists some FPV range test records of stock 2.4G with booster V1 for you reference. The longest range on stock 2.4G FPV is 12,000ft so far done by a beta tester LMC with booster V2. You may search this thread, but your range may vary.

PVFlyer said:
Gentlemen, we all are here trying to help by identifying where is the issue, if any issue on antenna mod, booster app or something else. That's why I suggested to test flight in open area without running booster app to isolate where is the issue step by step.

The OP lists some FPV range test records of stock 2.4G with booster V1 for you reference. The longest range on stock 2.4G FPV is 12,000ft so far done by a beta tester LMC with booster V2. You may search this thread, but your range may vary.

+1

Sorry for starting such a heated dialogue... Yes, I need to do some more tests. I did test only twice in the same area. I may even test back to back in the same area with a stock range extender and booster app vs. the modified extender and booster app. I will post a picture in FPVLR's thread of my setup (as requested) tomorrow. I do thank everyone for their inputs and time in helping me better understand the technology. I respect all viewpoints.

srandall25 said:
Sorry for starting such a heated dialogue... Yes, I need to do some more tests. I did test only twice in the same area. I may even test back to back in the same area with a stock range extender and booster app vs. the modified extender and booster app. I will post a picture in FPVLR's thread of my setup (as requested) tomorrow. I do thank everyone for their inputs and time in helping me better understand the technology. I respect all viewpoints.

no problem..that's why this forum exists.. I hope you get the results you want..im still aiming for mine..

Greetings from the East.

As an astray from the original hot topic, does it matter if I have changed the SSID of the Wifi Range Extender? The original one, if I remember correctly, is Phantom_xxxxxx, with x in numeric, but I have change those xxxxx to alphabets. Do I need to change it back to numbers for the booster app to work? Or does the app just look for an SSID starting with Phantom?

Thanks

It doesn't matter, if the wifi is connected to the phone, the booster app will work.

Re: Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
DBS said:
When will this app be available in the playstore?

I have been encouraging my friend to finish it with neat & nice UI, and put it on both Google Play and App Store.

Currently the app only boost the Vision+ aircraft Wifi, while it has the most potential to be boosted. The Wifi chipset on Vision+ aircraft (as well as P2V camera) is capable for 500mW TX power. DJI limits it to only 10mW (per my brief estimate, which is the same as stock AR.Drone). Theoretically, if I boost it to 40mW, then I can DOUBLE the FPV range. If I boost it to 160mW then I can fly 4X FPV range.

As Vision+ can fly 3KM with stock 10mW TX power and my ground station, I think boosting to 40mW and DOUBLE the FPV range to 6KM is more than enough as long as the battery last.

I'm a bit greedy and requested my friend a few more features in the app.
- Change Wifi channel to minimize interference with other Vision/Vision+/AR.Drone pilots flying in the same field. My Vision+ is currently using CH-9, and my AR.Drone is using CH-13.

- Boost the repeater; If I don't fly long range, using the stock repeater is a lot more handy.
- Change Preview Quality to 720p HD (1280x720 15fps);

All these features are doable by SSH. It's just matter of putting a few hundreds (maybe thousands) lines of coding to the app.

PVFlyer,
I have been trying to PM you but it doesn't seem to go thru.
Hi,
I was one of your original beta testers. I bought the booster app. I use my old Razr Maxx phone that is not connected to cellular, wi-fi only. I just put a new rom in it and this process wiped the phone memory. I want to reinstall the booster app, but it wants the full fee again. How do I get around this and get the booster app back?
Thanks,
Hovtech

RemE said:
It doesn't matter, if the wifi is connected to the phone, the booster app will work.
Ok, thanks for your clarification. [emoji3]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carloansales