FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster app DOUBLE FPV Range

DBS said:
PVFlyer said:
DBS said:
If there is no official rules, then the way you did does not mean others have to follow.

I'm just saying "in case" and "emergency landing", you can still save the bird to get more attempts regardless mission failed.

I never said anything about people having to do things the way I did ... never even referred to the way I did anything ... I learned along the way that people don't take the effort seriously if it is a failed effort so I was just stating what happens on the forums (and youtube comments) if you ditch early and try to claim it as a "range record" ... it just doesn't set well and it has nothing to do with me ... i ain't nobody ... you jumped to that conclusion.

And using a ditch landing as a way out of trouble... yeah... of course that is a good idea to save your $1300 hardware. :ugeek:
Unsure why you are so concerned about these just for fun "crazy ideas" or whoever claimed whatever records. I think different records are based on different criteria, as long as with proof. I don't think any crazy guys dropping their $1,300 birds from 5,000' sky for any records.

Re: FPV Booster App DOUBLE FPV Range

Just on the records..you would think that a 'distance' record would be justified official when it has returned back to you and landed within 10mtrs from launch (or whatever). Landing it 1/2 km out certainly isn't complete.
Maybe there needs to be rules.

PVFlyer said:
Unsure why you are so concerned

I'm not... I just made a comment about how people on social media react to the "incomplete flight" idea you posted in your list...

Then you twisted my words assuming I was saying people should "do as I do"... so I commented again to clarify...

Brettly said:
Just on the records..you would think that a 'distance' record would be justified official when it has returned back to you and landed within 10mtrs from launch (or whatever). Landing it 1/2 km out certainly isn't complete.
Maybe there needs to be rules.

I don't think there's any way at all to establish rules... there's no place where all flyers go to view that type of thing or register with an organization or any such thing...

I was just kinda giving some friendly advice on how to keep from getting picked apart by the naysayers.... whatever records these are will only be because they are widely accepted by your peers as legit...

So like PVFlyer was saying you need proof... full video with flytrex or screen record etc so you don't get arguments... full round trip... and another one I noticed is "a shot of your control point at the end of the video"...

These are not rules... just stuff that's gonna get trolled and ruin your otherwise awesome attempt at a huge distance by setting off the full crowd of trolls who will pick everything apart and try to kill your joy...

That's all I'm trying to say... was just trying to help because I've been slammed in social media before and learned the hard way
Sorry for any confusion

DBS said:
PVFlyer said:

I'm not... I just made a comment about how people on social media react to the "incomplete flight" idea you posted in your list...

Then you twisted my words assuming I was saying people should "do as I do"... so I commented again to clarify...
I think there was a misunderstanding of my brief wordings without too much thoughts saying "in case" of "emergency landing", which implied for saving the $1,300 bird from crash landing into jungle/water instead of "complete flight".

Never expect to clarify such kidding "crazy ideas".

PVFlyer said:
DBS said:
PVFlyer said:

I think there was a misunderstanding of my brief wordings without too much thoughts saying "in case" of "emergency landing", which implied for saving the $1,300 bird from crash landing into jungle/water instead of "complete flight".

Never expect to clarify such kidding "crazy ideas".

Always expect people to clarify when you misquote them... I wasn't clarifying anything you said in your post that's now edited to say "just kidding" ... I was clarifying that I never said "people should follow what I do" as you assumed.

This is silly... nuff said :roll:

flyNfrank said:
PVFlyer said:
flyNfrank said:
PVFlyer, can we get the descend along with the forward & reverse rate of speed increased in the app? For those of us that are into distance flying, these mentioned mods would be very welcome.
Frankly, we are just too busy without time to explore this descending rate. Why not simply switch to ATTI mode instead? What kind of speed do you expect? What kind of distance are you flying?
Hey Skipper, this would for more then just myself. Current descent rate is 4.5mph which is 396ft a minute.
Based upon everything I have read, a descent rate of 300 feet per minute is when vortex ring state (VRS) starts.

Just sayin' ...

EricT said:
PVFlyer said:
After 3 weeks "flyaway", I have been picking up matters from both work and hobby in this week. ;) We have been testing CH-7 on the latest firmware 3.06 and Vision app 1.0.42/1.0.52. However, there are some reliability issues on CH-7 per our testing. These issues are likely due to the latest updates of firmware and Vision app. We have been struggling to get these issues resolved, and I will keep you all posted once we fixed the issues.

PVFlyer, I may have missed the discussion, but are you planning to create the booster/7th channel Andriod app for the Phantom 2 Vision, as opposed to the Phantom 2 Vision+?

Duh, answered my own question with a bit of searching:

"Q8. Is there a plan to develop a version for original Phantom 2 Vision?
YES. Once we finish V+ Booster app for both iOS and Android, we will do research on the original P2V."

PVFlyer said:
flyNfrank said:
PVFlyer said:
Frankly, we are just too busy without time to explore this descending rate. Why not simply switch to ATTI mode instead? What kind of speed do you expect? What kind of distance are you flying?

Hey Skipper, this would for more then just myself. Current descent rate is 4.5mph which is 396ft a minute. So as you can see 4k feet gonna take over 10 minutes. With the current slow 4.5mph descent rate we're limited to 5K with no wind. Btw, atti has the same 4.5mph setting.
Well, I think most of P2V+ pilots are not hunting for those crazy altitude or FPV range records. However, I have seen a guy flying 2km+ (6,500'+) altitude with P2V (non-Plus) months ago in China.

No offence, if you do hunting for those records with P2V+, I have some crazy ideas below.

For altitude record, you may try this:
1. Mod pilot end with high gain (directional) 2.4G and 5.8G antennas;
2. Full throttle flying to 5,000' within 5 minutes or whatever altitude you are satisfied at a distance (avoid flying direct overhead while 5.8G antenna pointing null to you or bend one of P2V+ 5.8G antenna 90-degree to horizaontal polarized);
3. Take screen capture or video recorded of Vision app as altitude proof (or Flytrex);
4. Do CSC to shut down motors at 5,000' and let P2V+ free falling 4,000' within 1 minute to reach 1,000' altitude (remember to tight props with wrench to avoid loosen during free fall, you may also reset home point at 5,000' to disable intelligent motor control);
5. Do CSC again to start the motors and throttle up (also apply forward/backward to avoid prop wash) to slow down falling (secure the camera/gimbal against G-force);
6. Hope to hover at 500' then land it in one piece; :lol:

For FPV range record, you may try this:
1. Front/rear mount high gain (directional & light weight) 2.4G antennas on the aircraft;
2. Mod pilot end with high gain (directional) 2.4G and 5.8G antennas and 1-2W amplifiers;
3. Set to lowest Preview Quality 320x240 15fps. The lowest preview resolution would offer much longer (2X) FPV range than 640x480 if you only care about range instead of FPV quality;
4. Fly forward to a wide open area at full speed (ATTI) until 7.5km (DJI claimed P2V+ for 15km range) or whatever range you are satisfied. You may also plan for emergency landing in your return flight;
5. Take screen capture or video recorded of Vision app as range proof (or Flytrex);
6. Fly back at full speed (ATTI). In case running low/out of battery, you may land somewhere as you planned earlier; :twisted:

Just kidding :lol:

Actually there's some cool stuff in what you posted, Tony. Have you ever seen your quad dropping from the sky? On the last one I lost, I watched it drop from 3,300ft into a cornfield at 11pm in the night. I was scared as hell until I could see it was not going to smash into anyone or anyones personal property, like a house or vehicle. I then focused on where exactly it was going so I could retrieve it. Two days later I was ordering the one I now have on the phone. I lost it due to losing all connections, and it hovered until the battery expired. When the battery reached the 2nd and final warning stage, it automatically went into failsafe mode and began to slowly descend on it's own. And because it went into failsafe, it then began to drift on it's own like a balloon. It wasn't long and it began free falling, BUT!!!, the cool thing was, as it traveled toward the ground it would spin the motors up full speed for about 3 seconds, and the stop. Then 3 seconds would go by and it would repeat the process over again. I guess this is to slow the rate of speed before having contact with was below. It also instead of blinking all of it's lights, to only allowing 1 light to be active as it came down.

EricT said:
EricT said:
PVFlyer said:
After 3 weeks "flyaway", I have been picking up matters from both work and hobby in this week. ;) We have been testing CH-7 on the latest firmware 3.06 and Vision app 1.0.42/1.0.52. However, there are some reliability issues on CH-7 per our testing. These issues are likely due to the latest updates of firmware and Vision app. We have been struggling to get these issues resolved, and I will keep you all posted once we fixed the issues.

PVFlyer, I may have missed the discussion, but are you planning to create the booster/7th channel Andriod app for the Phantom 2 Vision, as opposed to the Phantom 2 Vision+?

Duh, answered my own question with a bit of searching:

"Q8. Is there a plan to develop a version for original Phantom 2 Vision?
YES. Once we finish V+ Booster app for both iOS and Android, we will do research on the original P2V."
Oh... Yes. We still keep the plan to develop the booster app for P2V. In fact, I finished the research part weeks ago, but the problem is that my dev. buddy has been tied all his evenings on CH-7 development. He has been re-working all his coding from scratch.

PVFlyer said:
Hovtech said:
Hmmm, seems not to be the case.
Weird, our booster app is similar to other Android/iOS paid apps. Once you bought it, you should be able to download it again on the same or different devices. You may double check your current Google account used on Play Store.

Found the email receipt of my purchase. I had used my wife's gmail acct to buy it on my non cellular phone. Re downloaded it for free on her account. Sorry for the bother.

Re:

flyNfrank said:
Actually there's some cool stuff in what you posted, Tony. Have you ever seen your quad dropping from the sky? On the last one I lost, I watched it drop from 3,300ft into a cornfield at 11pm in the night. I was scared as hell until I could see it was not going to smash into anyone or anyones personal property, like a house or vehicle. I then focused on where exactly it was going so I could retrieve it. Two days later I was ordering the one I now have on the phone. I lost it due to losing all connections, and it hovered until the battery expired. When the battery reached the 2nd and final warning stage, it automatically went into failsafe mode and began to slowly descend on it's own. And because it went into failsafe, it then began to drift on it's own like a balloon. It wasn't long and it began free falling, BUT!!!, the cool thing was, as it traveled toward the ground it would spin the motors up full speed for about 3 seconds, and the stop. Then 3 seconds would go by and it would repeat the process over again. I guess this is to slow the rate of speed before having contact with was below. It also instead of blinking all of it's lights, to only allowing 1 light to be active as it came down.
If your are referring a free fall like a brick as "Have you ever seen your quad dropping from the sky?", then fortunately "NO' touch wood. Were you able to retrieve it? What's the damage of it dropping from 3,300ft?

PVFlyer said:
Oh... Yes. We still keep the plan to develop the booster app for P2V. In fact, I finished the research part weeks ago, but the problem is that my dev. buddy has been tied all his evenings on CH-7 development. He has been re-working all his coding from scratch.

Tony, when you do develop the Wi-Fi booster and 7th channel app for the P2V, I think you will see a lot of demand for it. Having upgraded to v3.06 firmware and lost the 7th channel functionality, I am sure there are many P2V pilots who would like the 7th channel back. Having to look at the phone screen is a pain. It is much easier to just rotate the 7th channel lever on the back of the Tx to do it. TIA.

EricT said:
PVFlyer said:

Tony, when you do develop the Wi-Fi booster and 7th channel app for the P2V, I think you will see a lot of demand for it. Having upgraded to v3.06 firmware and lost the 7th channel functionality, I am sure there are many P2V pilots who would like the 7th channel back. Having to look at the phone screen is a pain. It is much easier to just rotate the 7th channel lever on the back of the Tx to do it. TIA.
We understand the demand also from P2V. That's why we re-work CH-7 coding from scratch, which will also benefit to P2V in future.

Re: Re:

PVFlyer said:
flyNfrank said:
If your are referring a free fall like a brick as "Have you ever seen your quad dropping from the sky?", then fortunately "NO' touch wood. Were you able to retrieve it? What's the damage of it dropping from 3,300ft?

No luck on locating my lost quad, yet. I had to stop searching, but I will begin looking again just before harvesting drops take place.

Btw, on this 7th channel setup, do you think it would be possible to convert it to activate a open-close switch? I want a remote switch I use to drop a gi-joe doll with parachute, and then record it with camera at full tilt.

Re: Re:

flyNfrank said:
Btw, on this 7th channel setup, do you think it would be possible to convert it to activate a open-close switch? I want a remote switch I use to drop a gi-joe doll with parachute, and then record it with camera at full tilt.
I don't think so. However, you may try to tilt the camera (maybe attached with a small hook) to drop a doll.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter in South Jersey