Forced Go App Update -Workaround

Save the file in the computer it wont save to the pad it will copy back to the pad after you mark the jason file read only and save some where on your computer transfer to an sd and then copy into your pad

I saved the json file to an empty folder on the tablets SD card. I looked in the folder with my PC and it's empty. Maybe the json file is a hidden file? My PC is set to show hidden files. The files can be seen from my shield tablet.
UPDATE I found the files with my PC finally. I edited the permissions on list.json to non rightable. So far so good!

Thanks for the help...

Last edited:
I saved the json file to an empty folder on the tablets SD card. I looked in the folder with my PC and it's empty. Maybe the json file is a hidden file? My PC is set to show hidden files. The files can be seen from my shield tablet.
UPDATE I found the files with my PC finally. I edited the permissions on list.json to non rightable. So far so good!

Thanks for the help...
I dont think it is a hidden file, you might erase the android directory ON the sd card and let the droid rewrite that file when you put it back in.the droid. that might be the problem or the sd card corrupted

The system (android/data/dji pilot/cache) wasn't showing from my PC..I could find it from my tablet..So i moved the files to my SD card yesterday..They showed up today...haha I moved the files back to where i found them and copied them over the old files. Will they keep their permissions that way?

One small change I made was to mark the list.json as read only after I made the change to the version number and the 1 to a 0. Now I do not even get an update prompt.
How did you mark it read only?
I edited it in notepad, marked it read only with Windows 7 file explorer,, it showed as read only, copy to tablet & back to windows, no longer read only, plus somehow DJI was rewriting it back to forcing an upgrade.

So, copied the file to root ( on a rooted phone) changed permissions, copied back to cache, permissions did not stay, but they did stay on the copy on the root.

How do I get file permissions to stick?

Last edited:
I edited it in notepad, marked it read only with Windows 7 file explorer,, it showed as read only, copy to tablet & back to windows, no longer read only, plus somehow DJI was rewriting it back to forcing an upgrade.

So, copied the file to root ( on a rooted phone) changed permissions, copied back to cache, permissions did not stay, but they did stay on the copy on the root.

you have to save the file into a directory in your computer then under left click and properties change to read only resave in the computer and then copy to pad or sd card I recommend to sd then to your pad

If the permissions did not stay when you copied it back to the AC, try to change the security settings on the files as well. Take full ownership of the file so that the AC does not have permission to modify the file. Do this under the security tab.

So it seems DJI does not like people discussing this topic on the offical dji owners group on facebook. Someone I know posted asking for help, I directed them to this post, and when they replied that the mod was successful....They were banned from the group.

It was me......and im still pissed.

Reactions: Digdat0
...and have done my best to give credit to those who posted the ideas.

Actually most of the credit for the firewall should go to spectra9 and Oz_Sparrow. Spectra provided the offending server (upgrade.bgcentre.com) in post #4 and Oz_Sparrow mentioned the firewall in post #9.

Actually most of the credit for the firewall should go to spectra9 and Oz_Sparrow. Spectra provided the offending server (upgrade.bgcentre.com) in post #4 and Oz_Sparrow mentioned the firewall in post #9.
thanks KennyJr! Updated with credits for those guys, im big on giving credit where credit due. I'm just trying to aggregate the steps into one doc :)

Hey kenny, tryed the firewall and go 3.0.1, i get failed signin, but not real sure how to set it up i put the site in the filter for the dji go app, what do i need to inter and how

Hey kenny, tryed the firewall and go 3.0.1, i get failed signin, but not real sure how to set it up i put the site in the filter for the dji go app, what do i need to inter and how

When setting the rules for the go app, the first thing I did was create a rule blocking all access to "upgrade.bgcentre.com". After that I allowed all other access. If you block anything else you run into other problems such as you have, or not getting the map to load, etc.

If you bring up the rules for Go make sure everything has green check marks except the rule blocking upgrade.bgcentre.com which should have red "x" 's.

No root firewall trick doesn't work anymore??
Screenshot_20170227-191127.png

Screenshot_20170227-191614.png

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Well how did it work for a week with it?? :D

I installed modified apk and it is all good now.

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Just ordered a Nvidia Shield tablet. I plan on rooting it before installing anything and will use the host file trick as it seems seems a cleaner solution to the problem.

I think the USB port on the Nexus 7 tablet is worn out. I have to keep wiggling the cable before either GO or Litchi recognize the remote.

I bought a shield k1 to replace the Kindle 7 I was using. The Kindle was very pagey in DJI go.The shield solved that problem.
I downloaded the edited DJI go 2.9.1 and the 2 JSON files. So far no forced update.

Reactions: Digdat0
I bought a shield k1 to replace the Kindle 7 I was using. The Kindle was very pagey in DJI go.The shield solved that problem.
I downloaded the edited DJI go 2.9.1 and the 2 JSON files. So far no forced update.
you getting maps okay in that edited version of DJI Go?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94