Forced Go App Update -Workaround

No, the Google map is blank...Is there a fix for it?

its cause the editted apk. Just install with a non-editted apk and then edit the json files and maps will be fine and you wont get the update prompt.

I can't get 3.0.1 working anymore??
What I'm missing here?

Screenshot_20170307-190556.png
Screenshot_20170307-190607.png
Screenshot_20170307-190611.png
Screenshot_20170307-190616.png

..and with those settings I have DJI Go doesn't have internet connection at all. There are lots of pending connections to accept or deny. Shouldn't it connect everything else than that upgrade address??

Here is a list of connections:

28bc90e522955efb4cc0f42c9b9791ea.jpg

Last edited:
I dont use the FW blocking option, but the changing of the list.json and component_upgrade_list.json still works, no issues. I'm on 2.8.1 and Google Maps work fine. I like 2.8.1 as no GeoFencing.

I don't mind so much about here maps, but the video lag is terrible in 3.1.3
Video lag is terrible for me too with 3.1.3. Are you using a samsung galaxy s7 ? As regards the process to get rid of the update window, I too have to apply regulalry the process again that consists in modifying the 2 files (list.json and component_upgrade_list.json). After that, open Dji go, you'll have same message again, close and try again and it will work.

Reactions: Digdat0
Video lag is terrible for me too with 3.1.3. Are you using a samsung galaxy s7 ? As regards the process to get rid of the update window, I too have to apply regulalry the process again that consists in modifying the 2 files (list.json and component_upgrade_list.json). After that, open Dji go, you'll have same message again, close and try again and it will work.
Yes galaxy s7..

I copyed those two files to my pc and deleted those few rows from both files and saved them as read only files. Then I copyed them back to dji.pilot cache folder and still cannot get it to work... What I'm missing here :/

I know that editing hosts file might do the trick, but my phone isn't rooted and I can't root it because it would trigger the knox and ruin my warranty. (Galaxy s7 is my employers, not mine)

EDIT:

I noticed that another file is the way I edited it:

Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File Screenshot_20170308-115924.png

This another file is overwriten by dji go:
Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File Screenshot_20170308-115937.png

I changed now this line:
"significant1":"1", to --> "significant1":"0",

It works now but I think that next time I start dji go its back to no go..

Last edited:
Tommi
If you read post 1 you should be ok.
If I open the Go App and it advises I have to update, I simply close the app then edit the list.json file, then delete the asdklog_s file.
Then open Go App again. if it still tells you that you have to upgrade, simply close and reopen. Most of the time it will then allow you to select "remind me later". It has never asked me a second time on the same day.

I am on a tablet and "closing" may be a bit different on a phone. You have to stop the Go app, not put it in the background.

You do have to open the app first then change the file and delete the other. A bit of a mess around but I can still use the version I want. I put up with this as I do not want to use root access.

These two steps are just part of my flight prep. As well as setting airplane mode, ensuring gps is on & wifi has connected, then starting mobizen on the tablet...

Not sure where you got the info referring to component_upgrade_list_.json file.. You do not need to touch it.

HI All - I"m trying to document all of the methods to fix this issue in a Google doc. Its open for editing if anyone wants to contribute, I'm just compiling it and have done my best to give credit to those who posted the ideas. Please feel free to edit it up!

How to: Fixing the forced upgrade in DJI Go for Android

Tommi
If you read post 1 you should be ok.
If I open the Go App and it advises I have to update, I simply close the app then edit the list.json file, then delete the asdklog_s file.
Then open Go App again. if it still tells you that you have to upgrade, simply close and reopen. Most of the time it will then allow you to select "remind me later". It has never asked me a second time on the same day.

I am on a tablet and "closing" may be a bit different on a phone. You have to stop the Go app, not put it in the background.

You do have to open the app first then change the file and delete the other. A bit of a mess around but I can still use the version I want. I put up with this as I do not want to use root access.

These two steps are just part of my flight prep. As well as setting airplane mode, ensuring gps is on & wifi has connected, then starting mobizen on the tablet...

Not sure where you got the info referring to component_upgrade_list_.json file.. You do not need to touch it.
There is where I found this guide to changing these two files..

I have tried to open dji go v.3.0.1 several times today with the internet connection enabled and it doesn't show that annoying update screen.. Hopefully it doesn't show it never again..
I would go with litchi but even I fly with FPV mode it just hovers when it disconnects..(Known issue with p3s/p3-4k). I have set RTH in settings when signal is lost and shouldn't be a problem when using fpv mode but it still is :/

Last edited:
So before every flight you need to re edit the json file to keep using older version of dji go?
Is it possible to do it once and forever, without rooting my shield?

Reactions: JohnnyB and t2adze
How to: Fixing the forced upgrade in DJI Go for Android

Follow method #4. I did this 2 weeks ago and haven't been prompted since.

Is anyone else being prompted days after who followed the steps for method 4?
I tried step 4. It didnt work. But thanks for this list. I downloaded pre ready apk file from there, installed it. It asked me to update i said remind later, and thats it. It didn't appear since. I think this will be permanent fix!

Thank you!

Sorry if it sounds rude ... not my intention ...

But the update to 3.1.3 Android GO appears to be a good app for many people unlike the crap 3.1.2 that gave so much trouble.
I accept that many people would prefer Google Maps instead of Here ... but for me the difference is barely noticeable with both maps badly out of date.

I also accept that people - myself included - don't like being forced to update and prefer to stay with tried and tested / trusted installations. But this 3.1.3 so far has proven good to go ...

Yes some may know that generally now I use Litchi - but Go is still there because of its calibration and update facility etc. that Litchi will not do. There are times to use GO and times to use Litchi.

For those who are wanting Google maps etc. and increased function - and the choice of when to update / use etc. - why not take easy route and install Litchi ?

Just a view point that's all - not looking to start a war.

Nigel

Reactions: JohnnyB
Thanks for all the info. Ended up trading for a K1. Installed a clean version of 2.9.1 and followed the #4 method from the Google doc link. From the start I didn't get the "remind me later" window. Didn't have to connect it to the PC as I used a file manager app that has a good text editor.
File Manager (File transfer) - Android Apps on Google Play
This version has Google maps and works as it should.
Thanks for the hard work guys!

Last edited:
For those who are wanting Google maps etc. and increased function - and the choice of when to update / use etc. - why not take easy route and install Litchi ?

Honestly, its price for most people. I know, whats $25 for your thousand dollar drone? But, many people can't afford it, or cannot justify it. In my case though, I don't want GeoFencing, so i go back to an earlier version which doesn't have it. I also don't like the look and feel of the latest user interface. And, for some versions like Android, DJI has been removing features from the DJI Go app like VPS and LED enable/disable. When people start to lose things, they want their choice/voice back. We shouldn't have to pay $25 to get Google maps IMO.

upload_2017-3-13_9-37-34.png

upload_2017-3-13_9-38-29.png

Just tryed #3, worked great all day on 3.0.1, untill i shut down tablet, next day back to wanting to update, what went wrong

Just tryed #3, worked great all day on 3.0.1, untill i shut down tablet, next day back to wanting to update, what went wrong
Umm .. i havent seen that. I'm on 2.9.1 and the update prompt hasnt come back since. I would close DJI and re-copy the files, see if it takes. What device??

I,ll try one more time, maps work, everything was fine, just turned off at end of day and next it started, galaxy tab 4, its allways worked well for me

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj