Forced Go App Update -Workaround

I translated it ;)

When somebody figures this language out then they're on to something.This is a partial off one of my logs.Updating but I flew for days after that then one day Kaboom,max height 30m ,distance about the same but all is good now.

DJIP3cUpgradeManager status = INITING
UpgradeP3cFtpModeTask i: Firmware upgrade initialization Camera
UpgradeP3cFtpModeTask i: UpgradeP3cFtpModeTask task = Camera, status = INITING, msgId = MSG_ID_INIT
UpgradeP3cFtpModeTask i: Recovery mode, Wait for the camera to push the upgrade data Camera
UpgradeP3cFtpModeTask i: UpgradeP3cFtpModeTask task = Camera, status = UPGRADING, msgId = MSG_ID_RECOVERY
UpgradeP3cFtpModeTask i: Send the camera transfer complete tag is successful Camera
UpgradeP3cFtpModeTask i: Upgrade in progress: Total: 3; current: 1; schedule :0Camera
UpgradeLog i: retry time: 1498246005006
UpgradeLog i: retry time: 1498246005023
UpgradeLog i: retry time: 1498246005055
UpgradeLog i: retry time: 1498246005086
UpgradeP3cFtpModeTask i:The upgrade is in progress: Total:3; Current :1; schedule:0Camera
UpgradeLog i: retry time: 1498246006061
UpgradeLog i: retry time: 1498246006102
UpgradeLog i: retry time: 1498246006123
UpgradeLog i: retry time: 1498246006134
UpgradeLog i: retry time: 1498246006988
UpgradeLog i: retry time: 1498246007025
UpgradeP3cFtpModeTask i: The upgrade is in progress: total:3; current:1; schedule:0Camera
UpgradeP3cFtpModeTask i: 升级进行中: 总:3; 当前:1; 进度:0Camera

Here's a method which will prevent the app from contacting its update server in the first place. Your Android must be rooted for this to work since it involves editing the hosts file. There may be other ways which doesn't require root such as with app like Trend Micro, but I haven't tested it.

Alright here's how:
1. Install Hosts Editor from Play Store. You can use any other hosts editing app you want but I like this one.
2. Add the following entry:
IP Address: 127.0.0.1
Hostname: upgrade.bgcentre.com
3. Clear your DJI Go app cache
4. Run the Go App
5. Enjoy nag free Go App with Google Maps
1f642.png
:).

Tested on version 2.9.1 of the Go App
This worked great. I also tried "No Root firewall" from playstore and it will also work. It can block other things as well.

I been using this for months now with no problems works everytime... I just got the spark and now I have to use dji go4 and wanted to know if this method will work for go4 if I decide not to update things

Here's a method which will prevent the app from contacting its update server in the first place. Your Android must be rooted for this to work since it involves editing the hosts file. There may be other ways which doesn't require root such as with app like Trend Micro, but I haven't tested it.

Alright here's how:
1. Install Hosts Editor from Play Store. You can use any other hosts editing app you want but I like this one.
4. Run the Go App
1f642.png

Thanks for this work-around. Works perfect.

Alright here's how:
4. Run the Go App
1f642.png

Gives Me an ERROR: Must Have SUPER PERMISSIONS, to Change Hosts Files ???

Means you can`t do whatever you want it the phone: Install, uninstall, acess, everything without limits or warnings...

Full acess as Admin, if you want...

Means you can`t do whatever you want it the phone: Install, uninstall, acess, everything without limits or warnings...

Full acess as Admin, if you want...
Oh...Ok...I'm New to Smart Phones... but worked with Puters, since the Vic 20....all my Puters run unlocked down to the file level...

Hi, I will give you all a "short" history on my Phantom 3 Std. (Not that much could go wrong in under 2 months)

After owning a Phantom for less than 2 months I have persevered with it having some sort of issue almost every time I tried to fly it.
Being new to flying drones I opened the box and charged up the batteries. Read the manual while charging and as I have done with every other piece of computer related hardware, connected up and proceeded to update any firmware. (normally any issues are sorted, that's why they release updates)

First problem/mistake.. Unknown firmware version.. I am sure you are all now familiar with. I assume the drone was old stock with an old version on it. I downloaded the firmware and tried via the sd card and did not have success.
Result. No Flying.

Waited patiently until DJI fixed the problem with the App so I could do the update the way it was intended. After a nervous (noisy) wait it worked. Wow I can go and fly.. Wrong. The App reported an issue with my battery and showed one cell was faulty and advised not to fly!!
By now I was that pi...d. I though I had wasted money on a POS. Anyway a trip back to the retailer and they swapped the battery for a new one.

Finally I was getting to fly it.. Woke up on a Sunday to go for a fly and the tablet had updated the Go App overnight unknown by myself to the famous 3.1.2 version complete with the distant homepoint problem.. Again No flying..

I then proceeded to install/delete apps until I found one I could feel confident with and was quite happy with the result until yesterday when I went to use my Phantom only to find I was NOT allowed to use the app that I had on my tablet & I HAD to upgrade! No Option!.
If Apple forced me to update my phone and stop me from making or receiving a call until I did, the phone would be in the bin and I would never purchase another Apple product!

How would we all be if two versions back we were forced to use version 3.1.2 ! How many lost drones would there be? They would not even recognise there was an issue and warn users to be aware.

As you can probably see I am not happy with DJI. (The Company)
From reading their forum, every fault with one of their drones is pilot error so I don't hold my breath for any warranty.. Time for some mods.. Hardware & software..

To get around the "FORCED" upgrade to the App this is what I have done.. It is working so far.
When the App gives you the tip - You must upgrade.. Do the following... Android Only. If it doesn't work you have not lost anything. Just delete the app and reinstall.

1. Close the app ( At bottom of screen left Arrow, Up arrow and square) hit the
square and wait until X at top corner of small app screen.
2. From file manager open /android/data/dji.pilot/cache/list.json as a text file.
3. Edit the file and change line 4 -> "significant1":"1", to "significant1":"0", then save.
4. Go into folder /dji.pilot/ and delete asdklog.s (when you start your app this will be recreated.
5. Go back into your DJI App and you will still have your old version. I did have it once promt me to
advise there was an update but I had the option to remind me later rather than I must upgrade. I selected "remind me later" and the remider has not came back again. It may come back tomorrow.

EDIT:
It did tell me each day to perform the update and I changed the list.json file again and deleted the asdklog.s file. Sometimes when you reopen DJi Go it looks like it did not work. Just close DJI Go as in step 1 and restart the app. It works ok for me.

No need for root access.
End edit..

At least I still have Gmaps and can use v3.0.1 app with wifi on. It will probably happen each day you fire the app up, but the two changes will allow you to use the version you want.

I ran two batteries down today using the old app and still have wifi turned on to cache my G maps.

Cheers
Communisst want to control you. I paid for my dji P3P it did not come with MANDATORY updates What if you a buy a car.. then a year down the road the manufacture says you must do a mandatory update before you can drive your car again. COMPLETE BULL SHT. I will NEVER buy another DJI product. They are Communists through and through. I too can not even fly my P3P ( years old) unless I do a Manditory sign in.. Fn.. tired of these control freaks.. I will look into G0 pro.. sure hope they reduce size and ad some more intelligent flight.. on the new model.
The Hero 5 Black camera is EXCELLENT. American Company too.

Guys:

Your help: I was happy with 2.7.2 app and AC 1.4/1.5...

Due a fall, received a new drone with 1.11fw...
Now, every time i try flight, i get battery errors, limit of 30 meters, and even red alarm no more battery, when in fact its still at 30%...

Any good old app to this crappy 1.11fw?:rolleyes::(

...Mordor, im not sure what the request is? are you looking for an older version of the firmware or Go app?
..if you're looking for the DJi-Go App i have DJi-Go v2.1.0 thru 3.1.11 & 4.0.0. thru 4.1.9 , DJi-Pilot v1.0.3 thru 1.2.0
..if you're looking for the DJi-Go App thats compatible with FW-v1.11 I dont know.. i'm still running the original FW
that was installed upon receipt v01.01.0301 and use an older version of the DJi-Go app with little to no problems
with that aspect of the craft...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Reactions: Mordor
Hi IIIDaemon

I was looking for something that would work with 1.11, and also give me control against eveil DJI impositions... :oops:

Hi Guys. Wondering if anyone can help me. I’m
Going to post a new topic about this.

1) has anyone got the actual source code for the workaround apk that got posted on page 1?

2) I have an issue with a dji spark I bought cheap off gumtree. Basically when it goes through to register the drone on the djigo app it says error unable to fly... please refuse aircraft! and won’t register. It’s like the bloody thing has been blacklisted or something. I’ve tried almost everything to get it going. It doesn’t seem to have ever been registered before and is absolute brand new out the packet.

3) does anyone know how to fool the app (by changing some files) to thinking the drone is registered or even how I can wind back the drone into thinking it’s on a version where registering the drone isn’t needed.

Hoping someone will have some clue.

Hi Guys. Wondering if anyone can help me. I’m
Going to post a new topic about this.

1) has anyone got the actual source code for the workaround apk that got posted on page 1?

2) I have an issue with a dji spark I bought cheap off gumtree. Basically when it goes through to register the drone on the djigo app it says error unable to fly... please refuse aircraft! and won’t register. It’s like the bloody thing has been blacklisted or something. I’ve tried almost everything to get it going. It doesn’t seem to have ever been registered before and is absolute brand new out the packet.

3) does anyone know how to fool the app (by changing some files) to thinking the drone is registered or even how I can wind back the drone into thinking it’s on a version where registering the drone isn’t needed.

Hoping someone will have some clue.
Not sure if you could register it but not update it's firmware. I'd try "NO ROOT firewall to register it to unlock the drone first. It will block DJI's demands. But again, not sure if it would also block the registration step. I did a video on rooting and blocking that may help.

Reactions: Mordor
UP!

Dear friends:
I been using this workaround successfully on my old phone, with Android 6.0.

Recently i did buy a Xiaomi with Android 7.1, and i did install same app DJI version (3.1.1), making a host ip mod + 2 files.
It doesn't update, but however, can´t connect to the bird....

Litchi works successfully. Is the problem on Android version? Version app? What should i do here?

Thank you!

UPDATE:
Clean install and try another APK....so far so good!

Thank you guys!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl