For those of you who wonder how much the P4P can handle

That is just too cool! I especially like the sequence at about 3:40 where you overtake the white car and then yaw the bird around to keep the car in the pic while flying backwards--REALLY well done.

How long have you been flying quadcopters?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Wow guys, thanks for all the compliments, notifications obviously dont work on this forum...

Ill try to reply to as many of your questions as i can, if someone is left out, just ask again.

First, its not my typical choice of music either, but i can listen to almost anything, depending on the mood, on this one i wanted something grrrrr and aggressive, kept scrubbing trough my archive and found this to be the best choice, but hey, you cant please them all.
Flying in sport mode can be challenging at full throttle in terms of keeping the subject framed without too much in and out, as it gets very sensitive,you just have to keep flying to get into it.
Didnt have time to play around with EXP and gains, but im sure you can create a much smoother setup with a S curve.
Having this large space with barely any people or houses around makes it of course allot easier to do run and gun shooting like this.
I probably broke every rule in the book when it comes to composing, but sometimes it really works, you just have to think out of the box, and amazing things might happen :)

What i repeatedly struggled with, was gimbal wipeouts during sharp turns, almost 8 out of 10, there i also had to find the sweetspot for how hard i could pull it trough the turns, had many cool scenes ruined by that...

Draw mode is great for solo work, but doesnt work in sport mode.
Surprisingly very few issues with shifting horizon, only the last scene were slightly corrected, gimbal wipeouts were more presenting...
And yea, not to mention how much power this flying draws, couldnt get more than 11-12 mins per pack with 20% left...

Ive been flying multis for about 4-5 years now, before that, 5-6 years with large helis. They both have their pros and cons for filming. Still havent written off helis as a video platform, but they are allot more stressful to fly, and requires even more focus and handling, as you dont want to see a 180cm carbon rotor disc coming towards someone or something spinning at 1500rpm.

Yea, youre right, the guy behind the wheels are the real talents, thats why i had to take a couple of rounds myself :grinning:
Btw, this event is open for anyone, for a fee of 600$ you can drive as much as you like the whole weekend, great fun for a small amount of money, apart from body and engine parts...

Attachments

• 8B4A9818.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 203

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3