Flying with Tin Foil - 50 meters max

Reaction score
I am flying my P3 Adv with tin foil taped to the top with no problems other than it will not go above 50 meters. Does anyone know how to get it to go higher?

I am building a new Air Traffic Control Tower at my local executive airport and I need to take pictures of the work in progress. I have all the written permissions required and have been having great luck getting around the NFZ with the tin foil. However, I need to get a higher vantage point for pictures. Any help will be appreciated.

Do you have the max altitude set for more than 50 meters in the app?

I am flying my P3 Adv with tin foil taped to the top with no problems other than it will not go above 50 meters. Does anyone know how to get it to go higher?

I am building a new Air Traffic Control Tower at my local executive airport and I need to take pictures of the work in progress. I have all the written permissions required and have been having great luck getting around the NFZ with the tin foil. However, I need to get a higher vantage point for pictures. Any help will be appreciated.
Can you take off from higher up .. like up on the tower?

Can you take off from higher up .. like up on the tower?
The airport is not listed as either A or B on DJI site. However, it is a red zone NFZ on DJI GO App. Airport is DTS.

The tower is not up yet, still installing a new road and doing site work.

I have also experimented flying with the tin foil cap while not in a NFZ, and it still will not go above 50 meters.

See screen shot of my NFZ. The ATC tower is going in the woods just NE of the runway.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 625
See latest photo taken at 50m. I need to photo capture the rest of my new road going in that is at the top of the picture. Getting to around 120 meters would be ideal.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 550
I've got to ask: what's the foil supposed to do?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you able to fly above 50m without the tin foil?

Yes. I have taken it to 120m many times in P-GPS and ATTI mode. It is only when the foil is on that it will not go above 50m; whether in a NFZ or not.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

ok there is a site you can go to from a you tube video that shows you how to make antenna extensions from foil. they even let you download the pattern and you make out of cardboard and tinfoil. ( i found it watch this )
and go to Ez-12.

hopes this helps !

ok there is a site you can go to from a you tube video that shows you how to make antenna extensions from foil. they even let you download the pattern and you make out of cardboard and tinfoil. ( i found it watch this )
and go to
Ez-12.

hopes this helps !

Sounds to me like your tinfoil plan isn't working. If your craft senses a GPS location, even for a brief second, it seems to me it would likely behave as you describe.

What is your satellite count?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl