Flying from inside house or car anyone?

" Sir,.. I'll take 300feet LMR-1700 please.. Bill it to Msinger and strap it to my donkey.. thank you....

18 Wheels? I do that too.. Day cab.

53feet of " get outta mah way"

(Welds roll cage to Cascadia day cab combining Vic: Get THE Heck outaa mah wey!:, whoop, whoop (blue lights)

Good night, till 8 hrs. latah..

I got to page 4 before I had to quit reading. These annoying babies crying about what's illegal! Good God! Cry-cry-cry. Go lecture somewhere else!

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app
Those guys went away a long time ago, it's safe in here now....lol

Reactions: cstout
Fabricating a enclosure for the RF Linx amps and their power supply. RF output will be 90 degree adapter directly into the L-coms. (The cat approved).
RF Linx to L-com1024.png

Reactions: cstout and JohnnyB
Well Gram.. I figured out how to bring up the flight path on Google earth so I brought up the ruler, not really to measure but to make a straight line from where I turned behind the barn, to the porch where I was standing in the vid, and the barn was more between me and the bird than I thought. Wasn't far away, but still pretty cool to see exactly what was going on. The signal was definitely bouncing off something because not only the barn was in the path, but also some ground. So what you guys are building.. look out! Lol

899936c9a4c4440f825f7282f8355dd7.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have found the signal will reach well at times around objects. It's the "through the trees" issue I'm trying to overcome.

Here is a exellent video on dbi loss and gain. I am using the same rf meter and am learning how to use it correctly. Then will go through each component I use to measure it's performance. He says each adapter is a .3dbi loss (point three). So reducing the amount of connections/adapters does add up. (This guy lives close to where I do in my city)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mix_ and hotashes
According to the video above and my own findings I realized on the controller output jacks one is transmit, the other receive (Not video feed/control signal). I am wondering that placing the antennas further apart would minimize noise/cross-talk between the antennas. In theory, yes that is logical.

Just found one of my Sunhaus amps is bad. When I switched cables (amps in-line) the signal returned to normal. Tested both amps/antennas/cables with my new rf tester (love it) and found one amp out put was 6db vs. 19db for the other one. Sent request for replacement to Amazon, so we'll see if I get a new one or have to buy another set.

Just found one of my Sunhaus amps is bad. When I switched cables (amps in-line) the signal returned to normal. Tested both amps/antennas/cables with my new rf tester (love it) and found one amp out put was 6db vs. 19db for the other one. Sent request for replacement to Amazon, so we'll see if I get a new one or have to buy another set.
Heard from Amazon?

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

@GrammatonxXXxCleric are you still building your home setup with quad shielded RG6 or are you moving away from that? If you're seeing good results with it I'm going to take note to use that for my roof setup when I get there!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic