Fly home command?

Reaction score
Noob question here.... Searched as much as I could from a tablet...

Best practice to "fly home" when things go wonky? (I know it's a bit vague...) GPS mode, ATT?

Thanks much!

skeeter said:
Noon question here.... Searched as much as I could from a tablet...

Best practice to "fly home" when things go wonky? (I know it's a bit vague...) GPS mode, ATT?

Thanks much!

Best way to fly home (aside from turning off the Tx or switching to Failsafe for automatic Return Home and Land), is to enable IOC so that you can use the Home Lock feature. - then no matter what position he Phantom is pointed, if you pull back on the right stick (and stay at a safe altitude or go up in altitude), the Phantom will fly back towards you. Until it gets within 30ft at least.

Home lock feature? Mind pointing me to the documentation on that? I don't recall hearing about that while watching all the pv2 vids on the DJI site. Thanks.

Gizmo3000 said:
skeeter said:
Noon question here.... Searched as much as I could from a tablet...

Thanks much!

Best way to fly home (aside from turning off the Tx or switching to Failsafe for automatic Return Home and Land), is to enable IOC so that you can use the Home Lock feature. - then no matter what position he Phantom is pointed, if you pull back on the right stick (and stay at a safe altitude or go up in altitude), the Phantom will fly back towards you. Until it gets within 30ft at least.

Thanks, Gizmo!

How does one "switch to Failsafe"?

And yet another nnooooob question: what does IMU stand for?

Edit: Found the IMU abbreviation... Inertial Measurement Unit.... Methinks... So.... Much.... To... Learn...

wfo211 said:
Home lock feature? Mind pointing me to the documentation on that? I don't recall hearing about that while watching all the pv2 vids on the DJI site. Thanks.

I just learned about this a few weeks ago myself. It is a feature that is set to off from the manufacturer. You have to use the Naza Assistant software to enable it. Just go to the DJI site, under Phantom, look for the tutorial videos that show you how to enable the IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control).

Good luck!

OI Photography said:
wfo211 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEN5BKEULls (DJI's vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfcHlKcIshw (1st of a 3-part series on IOC, showing how to setup/use)

Thanks! I'll check out the 3-part series ASAP!

Edit. Just watched the vids. Excellent! Should be on a sticky and a must see for all of us sky virgins.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl