Fly away

That's not correct. You do NOT need to have a past or current policy with State Farm. How do I know? I and many others on this site have our Phantoms fully covered by State Farm without having any other policy with them. Sorry you received some incorrect information.
Some of this depends on the agent you talk to.

Apparently I did..I talked to the insurance agent and she talked to the underwriter. They told me I had to have home, auto or life with state farm to be insured for my drone.....hmmmmmmm

Apparently I did..I talked to the insurance agent and she talked to the underwriter. They told me I had to have home, auto or life with state farm to be insured for my drone.....hmmmmmmm

Let me rephrase my comment. Apparently, there's a situation with some S-F agents providing that type of response to potential customers. I learned that bsartist got that same response when he called his local agent. I gave him my agent's contact info, he called my agent, and got his Phantom covered. Some other pilots have reported being told you have to have a current policy. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

Reactions: Kissthesky
Let me rephrase my comment. Apparently, there's a situation with some S-F agents providing that type of response to potential customers. I learned that bsartist got that same response when he called his local agent. I gave him my agent's contact info, he called my agent, and got his Phantom covered. Some other pilots have reported being told you have to have a current policy. Sorry to hear that happened to you.
Actually I’ve still not gotten anything in the mail. So I’ll have to call him on Monday. I’m not really covered till I get paperwork from them.

Sorry guys I have tried and tried to get it to work but my controller won’t hook up to my computer and it won’t hook up to an iMac either. I don’t know what to do

Okay, i figured it out...kinda. When I open the flight logs or the flight records its just bunch of hacker gibberish that there is no way for me to understand. I will up load all but....

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-04-04_[19-04-39].txt
    891.5 KB · Views: 328
  • DJIFlightRecord_2018-04-08_[18-43-01].txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 315
  • DJIFlightRecord_2018-04-09_[14-50-25].txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 291
  • 2018-04-09 15_15_40-07JDEBU00201XL.dat
    167 bytes · Views: 294
I don't really know what to do with it, don't know how to read it and don't know where to send this data to

Your flight log shows your Phantom auto landed at 35.65269915, -87.01612198.

Location.jpg

Me, my father and my niece have searched that area over 10 times...its definitely not there :(

But it also shows it at over 200' still at that point...maybe the wind took it? You can clearly see where it put itself into ATTI mode

Last known Direction it was facing was this way as well. Could it have possibly landed in that direction? I've been back in the woods several times looking and haven't found it back there but... could it be a possibility?

Attachments

• 2018-04-15 08.55.58.jpg
    2018-04-15 08.55.58.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 330
At this point I would just like to have the SD card back. The bird is probably ruined because of the rain but I would still like to have that SD card to see what happened. Maybe I could possibly salvage some parts off of it.

Thank you for all of your help I will take all of this in advice and take another hike. For some reason I just can't give up on this but I do have a new bird coming to my house! ;)

Thank you for all of your help I will take all of this in advice and take another hike. For some reason I just can't give up on this but I do have a new bird coming to my house! ;)

Standby for some estimated drift calculations. Also - if you can retrieve the DAT file from the mobile device it may be possible to use the inertial data to reconstruct the flight path up to disconnect, which would narrow the search area somewhat.

That's correct, but the aircraft had been in ATTI mode for over 4 minutes at that time with no position updates
That's also correct and quite odd.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West