Fly away

Reaction score
Help... I took my drone up only for an instant. I tried to put it in one of the autonomous modes and it took over itself and went haywire! I tried correcting to get it back to me just to land it but it ended up doing a FlyAway! Now I can't find my brand new p4p that I just bought two weeks ago! How do I locate my drone? The signal was lost about halfway through the battery! Not really sure which direction it went! Home was set to the controller and it did not return home through signal loss nor through return home button.

Reactions: JuniorAlberta
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Took it UP for a instant.....and halfway thru the battery......signal is lost.......its gone.....and No visual on it This post by this guy is missing a lots of information and the flight logs sketchy......more needed information is gone !

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you can post your log and our members can help you understand what happened and maybe even the most probably place to look for it.

Reactions: Kissthesky
Took it UP for a instant.....and halfway thru the battery......signal is lost.......its gone.....and No visual on it This post by this guy is missing a lots of information and the flight logs sketchy......more needed information is gone !

C'mon, guys. Based on that information, it's obviously a hardware failure. What else could it be?

Help... I took my drone up only for an instant. I tried to put it in one of the autonomous modes and it took over itself and went haywire! I tried correcting to get it back to me just to land it but it ended up doing a FlyAway! Now I can't find my brand new p4p that I just bought two weeks ago! How do I locate my drone? The signal was lost about halfway through the battery! Not really sure which direction it went! Home was set to the controller and it did not return home through signal loss nor through return home button.
If you want help you'll have to provide the recorded flight data.
Rather than being sketchy, the flight data shows where the Phantom was and what it was doing for every 1/10th of a second of the flight.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

It's surprising the number of people that come here asking for help and never come back to even see what people have said.
We've had a few like this in the last few days.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Sorry guys...I didn't get any notifications in my email. As soon as I get home tonight ill try what you said and see what happens and get back to you...sorry!

No tracking device but rest assured I'm getting one for my next p4p...don't want to go thru this again

i wouldn't want to depend on just a tracking device. you can't be sure you'll get to it before someone else finds it unless you're out in the wild where no other people are. but if there's no other people, who's going to climb that 80ft tree your p4p got wedged in?
sounds like you might want to consider getting your next one insured. 60 bucks a year. covers fly-a-ways whether log is sketchy or not. see previous threads about that.

Yeah...thats state farm... you have to have some kind of previous State Farm Insurance. I got a good quote for full coverage from Liberty Mutual and it covers flyaways

that
Yeah...thats state farm... you have to have some kind of previous State Farm Insurance. I got a good quote for full coverage from Liberty Mutual and it covers flyaways

if Liberty Mutual gave you a good quote, i'd make sure they cover your next one.

Yup...I've already talked to the insurance agent and we are good to go as soon as my new one comes in. I won't tske off again without it

Yeah...thats state farm... you have to have some kind of previous State Farm Insurance. I

That's not correct. You do NOT need to have a past or current policy with State Farm. How do I know? I and many others on this site have our Phantoms fully covered by State Farm without having any other policy with them. Sorry you received some incorrect information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka