Flight Modes

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,
I believe my S1 switch is wired incorrectly but wanted to confirm with you all. According to the manual, Position 1 is "P Mode, Position 2 is "A Mode" and Position 3 is "F Mode". I have been flying in Position 2 since I got the quad and after some reading I realized that according to the manual I needed P mode to have GPS. Well I picked the wrong day to test it and it was pretty windy out and switch to position 1. It started drifting but I was able to get it back and land with a minor spill on the grass thankfully. I switch to position 2 and all was normal.

Here's the first flight position 1: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Second flight position 2: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I the manual incorrect or it my switch wired wrong?

Thanks,

Nick

Last edited:
Switch 2 on left side of controller should be all the way up and left there (this is pos. 1). Switch 1 on right side of controller should all the way up for pos. 1 which is GPS mode. Middle pos. 2 is Atti and down is pos. 3 is F mode. The only time I mess with Sw. 2 is return to home and auto land.

The sw. 1 pos. 1 test you had poor GPS signal so I would think it would not be that stable. Pos. 2 uses baro for altitude but GPS signal is a bit better. When in pos. 1 did you let sit and get sat. signal and did you ever get the home position recorded signal / confirmation on screen?

Last edited:
Ok thats probably the issue because I had the left switch in the middle position. Thanks, I'll try again.

As said to start. Both switches should be to top. Just remember s1 is on right side of controller instead of left. Otherwise you said it correctly. P mode.=gps. Middle on s1 is atti. When no gps is available. And down on right. S1 switch is intelligent flight which allows you to do way points. Poi and follow me. It will drift in middle position. Attitude. As no gps to hold it in place. Good luck. Took me a while to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Switch 2 on left side of controller should be all the way up and left there (this is pos. 1). Switch 1 on right side of controller should all the way up for pos. 1 which is GPS mode. Middle pos. 2 is Atti and down is pos. 3 is F mode. The only time I mess with Sw. 2 is return to home and auto land.

The sw. 1 pos. 1 test you had poor GPS signal so I would think it would not be that stable. Pos. 2 uses baro for altitude but GPS signal is a bit better. When in pos. 1 did you let sit and get sat. signal and did you ever get the home position recorded signal / confirmation on screen?

That was it. Thanks again. I don't recall reading that they needed to be in position 1 anywhere. They came in the middle and I just assumed. It flew great too, with GPS. Lesson learned :)

That was it. Thanks again. I don't recall reading that they needed to be in position 1 anywhere. They came in the middle and I just assumed. It flew great too, with GPS. Lesson learned :)

Awesome glad it's all worked out and working fine now. Happy Flying

I don't recall reading that they needed to be in position 1 anywhere.
The Phantom manual mentions this a few times. If you haven't downloaded it yet, you can find it here.

The Phantom manual mentions this a few times. If you haven't downloaded it yet, you can find it here.

I have the manual and went through it today but I guess I missed it.

I just went through the manual again and found the S1 position but nothing on the S2 position. It actually shows a picture of it in the middle position (#2). If you know where it shows that it's supposed to be in the #1 position could you please point it out? I'm curious as to the other functions of that switch.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I just went through the manual again and found the S1 position but nothing on the S2 position.
The S2 switch serves a few functions. Search the Phantom manual for "S2" to find all of the areas where it's mentioned. Here's the most important mention:

S2.png

If you know where it shows that it's supposed to be in the #1 position could you please point it out?
I was only referring to flipping S1 to the top position prior takeoff.

Reactions: nick59349
What about those modes?

Well the s2 switch really only have two functions. Rth. And also you can link a new controller to your bird with it as well while holding the camera controller down and toggling the s2 switch I think 3 times.
I wonder if there are hidden functions.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'll admit when I first flew my Standard I had both switches in the middle position. Flew around and didn't think anything of it. Next flight out put the S1 switch in the P position and even tried F. I still had the S2 in the middle and don't recall any issues. Reading the manual I don't recall it said it had to be in any set position.. I've put it in the "top" position to make RTH easier to actuate

Don't forget toggle switch 2 within 20 feet of home position I think it is and it also starts auto land sequence​

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl