Flight Log Viewer Application, version 1.0.5 - Alpha Release

TNX =] , it downloaded fine now, gonna try it later.

i'd love to checkout this log viewer, but the dropbox link is not working.
Sorry... that was my fault. I accidentally deleted it. Try it again and let me know if it works.

BTW, this isn't dead. I just have been extremely busy with work. It's what happens when you fly every week. I've not flown my Phantom for weeks. I've also not written a single line of code in almost 60 days! Sad, I know but that's what happens when inconvenient stuff like work gets in the way of life!
Dropbox link works again, thanks! excited to check this out.

For whatever the reason I'm unable to install this as a .rar file. Can you change this option?

For whatever the reason I'm unable to install this as a .rar file. Can you change this option?
The RAR file is a compressed file, similar to a ZIP file. Open that file with WinRar or WinZip and extract the folder to your drive. Within that folder will be an exe file named Flight_Log.exe, double click that thing and the app will open.

Hi fellow Pilots,

As promised, here's the first public release of my Flight Log program (please be gentle with the constructive criticisms!). ;)

Features:
- Import your Litchi flight logs
- View Google Map of flights
- View flight detail information
- View battery summary information (# of charges, current battery life, production date, etc.)
- Battery voltage information for the entire flight (over the entire battery and per cell)
- Browse flight log data

I still have to do a lot of things to make this into the program I really want but what I have works. Some features I'm looking into:
- Summary information of all flights (this one is probably coming sooner rather than later)
- Sensor information
- DJI Go app log imports

Download link (Windows only at this time): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19557928/Flight_Log_1.0.5.rar

To use: Simply unzip/unrar and run Flight_Log.exe - there is no need to install. Click on the + icon to import your first log and get a feel for how it works.

I'd love any feedback you can give me. Enjoy!
Tried installing this but only "flight_log" file that unzipped was "Flight_Log.exe.manifest" which does not run but if I rename it Flight_Log.exe then it can no longer be found for execution . . did I do something?
I have a background in Aerospace, software development and aviation in general. I'd be happy to work with you in testing and feature development. No expectation of reward. I'm retired RCAF and have lots of time to fly and work things out with you. Dave Cooke [email protected]
ps. After unzip, the "Flight_Log.exe.manfest" file from your latest DropBox Link does is only 1kb and does not execute. There is no other .exe in the unzipped files.

Last edited:
Made it this far but no support has been added to this mod and is has become dormant. With no ability to work with .txt flight logs this is not only non functional, but useless.

Flight Log Viewer.jpg

Hi Gents,
Couldn't help but stumble onto this thread while researching exporting the DJI GO Log files. So, if I understand you all correctly, the delimiters used in the DJI GO App are the cause? Is there encryption involved? I'm just curious, as while not a Programmer myself, I know some pretty good ones after 18 years in the IT Biz.

Can you guys tell me a little more about why the DJI GO log files are causing you such grief? Is it that Litchi stores or provides a way to make them .CSV files, and DJI does not? What if I could get a guy to figure out what you need and create a converter for you to .CSV with a defined delimiter table, is that basically what your looking for?

Am I correct? Please educate this poor soul........

Feel Free to contact me off-thread if you prefer. Much Thanks, and keep on crackin' at it!!!

A.J. Lebeau
Computer Network Systems Administrator/Engineer
M.C.S.E., M.C.P. + I., M.C.P., CompTIA+
[email protected]

Reactions: Digdat0
I just got my Phantom 3 Standard and am trying to figure out how to analyze the flight data. I have downloaded all of the .DAT files. Can those be loaded directly to this program? If not, how can I convert them?

I just got my Phantom 3 Standard and am trying to figure out how to analyze the flight data. I have downloaded all of the .DAT files. Can those be loaded directly to this program? If not, how can I convert them?
Go here for an app that will read the .DAT files.

Frank, I understand the motivation for sure and I get it. I on the other hand, am more than willing to share what I've done. Aside from just sharing what I've done so far, I'm getting ready to put my code out there just for anyone that wants to try and do it on their own or improve on what I've done. With some luck, I'll be able to get that last piece of loading the DJI .txt logs into this application and it'll be much more useful to the entire community at large and not just Litchi users.

Hi,

can we work together on this? Possible to share what is currently done so that we both can work together and put the code in GIT ?

As this thread continues, I am interested in the program but it is not available. Can someone happen to me?

This link will give you the Python 3 source to the last version I played with. Sorry, I just had to let it go with everything else in life going on. I haven't even been able to go fly at all. Such a shame but it is what it is.

phantom.zip

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl