Flight control

Reaction score
Am interested in buying a P3A and am new to quads. I have a little toy one that has the throttle that starts at the 'all the way' down position (non centering). When you want to go in any direction the drone starts to drop and you have to throttle up a bit to keep it level. Its always a constant battle between left stick and right stick but good practice for me. Question is, and I know the P3 has a centering throttle, If you get to a hover and decide to move in any direction, does the quad take care of adding more power to keep a level altitude or is that up to the operator?

Yes, it'll hover in place with no stick input. However, if it does not have a good GPS connection, it'll drift with the wind.

Yes, it'll hover in place with no stick input. However, if it does not have a good GPS connection, it'll drift with the wind.
I understood it would hover in place. Question is will it lose altitude while starting to move forward with no left stick input. Since thrust is split between forward movement and altitude something would have to add power. Pilot or aircraft computer?

I understood it would hover in place. Question is will it lose altitude while starting to move forward with no left stick input. Since thrust is split between forward movement and altitude something would have to add power. Pilot or aircraft computer?

I have had only 3 flights. It did NOT drop altitude during ANY maneuver except when I told it to descend using the stick. And no, I didn't have to add power doing anything. It maintains altitude and is smart in how it maneuvers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl