Fixing DJI's Compass Problem

xtonex said:
d4ddyo said:
wkf94025 said:
FWIW, I took the new firmware out for two batteries tonight. An older battery with ~60 cycles on it, and a newer battery with maybe a dozen cycles on it. First movement forward was a huge disappointment as it J-hooked left big time. However it quickly absorbed, calibrated, and was dramatically better than previous versions after that first learning. I was disappointed to see that the older battery went into auto-landing at 50%! 10.8v. By pushing left stick full forward I was able to fight the autolanding, similar to previous FW versions. The newer battery was well behaved, with flashing red lights at 20% left, and autolanding starting at 15%, which again I was able to fight, holding the P2 steady until ~8% left at which point I did the hand catch / shut down.

I am using default gains, I did all controller calibrations but only in the Phantom Assistant, not in the RC assistant. All seemed good on the flight deck except for the gimbal tilt on the 14SG. The combination SB and RS is not working as I expected, but I think that has everything to do with the Futaba model, and nothing to do with FW v3.06.

Sorry to hear about XRover's loss at sea, and hopeful that this and similar v3.06 problems can be diagnosed quickly. In the meantime I will avoid flying over water and people.

Kelly
/
Can you disable the auto-land and see it goes into auto land at 50% with the old battery?

The % had nothing to do with it... and people are paying too much attention to the charge %. Voltage is key and if he was at 10.8 it makes total sense
Process of elimination. Xrover said he disabled auto-land and it auto landed in the ocean while he said the "Old battery" went into auto land at 50%. Just wondering if he disabled it like Xrover.

i did not disable autoland, but can do that experiment

i agree that volts not % left are the key.

John Shaw said:
Xrover said:
John Shaw said:
Just to sort of wrap things up I have posted a video of my initial testing of 3.06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhyGXms ... ObwC0HUbmg
Looking good !!
I am at a declination of 17 degrees
Video shows runs in GPS, CL, HL, and the new low battery level triggered RTH.
My beta1 and beta2 videos are at that same Youtube location - but now sort of irrelevant.

Do you feel that 3.06 fly's better or the same as the 3.05b2?

better...
I feel that TBE and JHook are the same.
What gives 3.06 the edge is that it deals properly with the course lock reference set at takeoff.
3.05b2 fixed TBE and JHook but it still had the prebeta course lock error. For me at 17 deg MD it looked to be about 30 degrees. A quick reset of CL would take care of it but as you can see in one of my b2 videos, I thought I had reset it, but I hadn't -oops. With 3.06 No Problem it's correct from takeoff as it should be.

I do like the new battery display and the concept it uses. You can track what the Phantom thinks is going on and use it as protection or override as you think makes sense.

Xrover, Where these features in the final beta you received?

[/quote]

Do you feel that 3.06 fly's better or the same as the 3.05b2?[/quote]

better...
I feel that TBE and JHook are the same.
What gives 3.06 the edge is that it deals properly with the course lock reference set at takeoff.
3.05b2 fixed TBE and JHook but it still had the prebeta course lock error. For me at 17 deg MD it looked to be about 30 degrees. A quick reset of CL would take care of it but as you can see in one of my b2 videos, I thought I had reset it, but I hadn't -oops. With 3.06 No Problem it's correct from takeoff as it should be.

I do like the new battery display and the concept it uses. You can track what the Phantom thinks is going on and use it as protection or override as you think makes sense.[/quote]

Xrover, Where these features in the final beta you received?[/quote]

3.05 Beta 2 was pretty much the same as the first 3.05. TBE/Jhook/Drifting were pretty much gone. CL still had issues.
It was a Firmware only. We still used the old Phantom Assistant Software. We were not told by DJI what changes were being made. The Beta Firmware was installed through the existing P2 Assistant Software just the same way it has always updated firmware. We just had a code to input to bring up the Beta version instead of the current version firmware.
The CL issue was also fixed with 3.06

The TBE during a stationary Yaw is still an issue.
Lagging and slow throttle response seems to be a new issue in 3.06
And we didn't know anything about a Smart Battery/ Auto Land Safety Feature which came as a surprise in 3.06

I am slightly confused about new options in 3.06 FW and SW regarding batteries. All I see in the Assistant is the ability to un-check the RTH on critical battery level. Did I miss something? I don't see the ability to adjust %'s or volts for either first warning or second warning. I am on P2, not Vision. Did I miss something?

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
I am slightly confused about new options in 3.06 FW and SW regarding batteries. All I see in the Assistant is the ability to un-check the RTH on critical battery level. Did I miss something? I don't see the ability to adjust %'s or volts for either first warning or second warning. I am on P2, not Vision. Did I miss something?

Kelly
No, you didn't miss anything. Those options are now gone.

John Shaw said:
KassioLM said:
sorry for the delay because I was traveling and got so far here is my result with declination -23 with Firmware 3.06, I still have problems with TBE J Hook, is not as strong as in version 3.04 but it is still a problem, and to make matters worse still they put me a failsafe to inves allow to set and classified in accordance with the first battery alarm

Are your test results after giving the firmware time to learn?

I will make new flights this week and let you informed

wkf94025 said:

Kelly

The levels are calculated based on distance and altitude from the home point. It's in the updated manual. At least when the first one triggers you are given an option to cancel but after 10sec it starts home. You can take back control by toggling S1.
I like the new display at the top of the screen. It is easy to track how much time is left and what its calculating.

@ John Shaw - Just to clarify things for me ... the new display on top of screen you are talking about is for Vision users, right? I am on a P2 and do not see any new data on iOSD Mini...

Bugatti said:
@ John Shaw - Just to clarify things for me ... the new display on top of screen you are talking about is for Vision users, right? I am on a P2 and do not see any new data on iOSD Mini...

Your right. I was thinking the latest update applied to all P2s but looking at the download lists I guess I'm wrong. Now that I am aware of that I will be more careful of which thread I'm in. Thanks

Has anyone seen any strange behavior with their 3-D gimbal after upgrading to firmware 3.06? It was working fine before the upgrade and now after the upgrade it almost appears as if the motors are in a bind?

hsestes said:
Has anyone seen any strange behavior with their 3-D gimbal after upgrading to firmware 3.06? It was working fine before the upgrade and now after the upgrade it almost appears as if the motors are in a bind?

Mine is making a buzzing sound now if that's what you mean?

droneranger said:
wkf94025 said:

Kelly

I think it is possible to adjust battery warnings. Only must use older assistant 3.0 :D

texmur said:
droneranger said:
wkf94025 said:

Kelly

I think it is possible to adjust battery warnings. Only must use older assistant 3.0 :D

With the Phantom 2 (Non Vision)
With 3.06 you can only use the The assistant software 3.2
You only have the option now to uncheck RTH at the Low Battery Level.
You cannot deselect Auto Land at Critical Battery Level Warning.
There is no option now to set your Low Battery Level Limits.

I think it is possible to adjust battery warnings. Only must use older assistant 3.0 :D[/quote]

With the Phantom 2 (Non Vision)
With 3.06 you can only use the The assistant software 3.2
You only have the option now to uncheck RTH at the Low Battery Level.
You cannot deselect Auto Land at Critical Battery Level Warning.
There is no option now to set your Low Battery Level Limits.[/quote]

tried using assistant 3.0 to change the battery levels, it would revert back after power cycle.

With 3.06 firmware installed in the phantom 2 vision and you want to test how long you can resist auto-land at the critical battery level, make sure you are very close to the ground because it eventually suddenly just cuts all power and it drops like a rock. it instantaneously shuts itself off

After so much time tracking this thread, all of a sudden it dies? No way! Let's keep the thread alive! I miss all the action, and all the inaction, present in these 1440 posts! Hope to see you all active again soon.

Cheers,

Andre

apadua said:
After so much time tracking this thread, all of a sudden it dies? No way! Let's keep the thread alive! I miss all the action, and all the inaction, present in these 1440 posts! Hope to see you all active again soon.

Cheers,

Andre

I assume that everyone is very happy with 3.06. Nothing left to complain about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18