Fixing DJI's Compass Problem

damoncooper said:
I think that has to be DJI's call.

No problem. So I would rephrase that as - "would Ian lobby DJI on our behalf to expand the beta tester pool to all those wanting access to the beta."

BigBadFun said:
damoncooper said:

No problem. So I would rephrase that as - "would Ian lobby DJI on our behalf to expand the beta tester pool to all those wanting access to the beta."
Smart companies do it all the time.. release "use at your own risk" beta versions... seems like a perfect time for DJI to be a smart company.

BigBadFun said:
damoncooper said:

I've already been asking to expand the group. And when the 2nd beta drops, assuming it is better than the first I think it makes sense for more people to try it. But if DJI says no, I would rather oblige their request than not as leaked firmware can create a world of confusion for everyone.

ianwood said:
I've already been asking to expand the group. And when the 2nd beta drops, assuming it is better than the first I think it makes sense for more people to try it. But if DJI says no, I would rather oblige their request than not as leaked firmware can create a world of confusion for everyone.

Awesome - thanks Ian. That's all we can ask for.

Im in saguenay-lac-St-jean its north east of Canada and I have this verra anoying problem with my brand new phantom 2 vision plus. Toilet bowl effect and it´s not flying strait.

Chakal said:
Im in saguenay-lac-St-jean its north east of Canada and I have this verra anoying problem with my brand new phantom 2 vision plus. Toilet bowl effect and it´s not flying strait.

First off, Welcome Chakal,

There are too many factors that might affect your flight stability issues. It would be impossible to give you a simple answer in this thread.
You should look through the topics under the P2 Vision+ section and you will see what might cause what.
As far as the not flying straight issue. That also has a number of reasons why it won't fly straight.

One of the first topics to read through to get a better understanding of dealing with flight issues is here on this forum.
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11555

Read through this one if you haven't done it already.

Home News Services UAV Information Case Studies About Weather and Solar Activity Email Helipix
+44(0)1344 641843
Helipix Blue 3D LogoPinterest square red small Facebook square blue small Twitter square blue small blogger_logo
AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY INSPECTIONS AND SURVEYS
UAV
HELIPIX

Weather and Solar Activity

Check the weather in your area by clicking on the 'Options' tab below
Solar Activity Monitor
Met Office Weather
Solar Activity Forecast
Solar X-Ray

Geomagnetic Field
Why do we monitor Solar Activity?

At the moment the sun is going through a high period of 11 year cycle of activity. At times of high solar activity, the earth's magnatic field can get disturbed (temporarily) which can lead to disturbances in the reliability of the GPS data. In order to ensure that we can fly safely we monitor the sun's activity prior to any flight.

With this information we can see when it is safe to use our system GPS or to fly manually.

Hello,

I'm in Calgary, Alberta Canada. I have a new Phantom 1.1.1 with the Naza V2. I'm also having the same TBE and hooking. Gets much better after 5 minutes or so flight time.
Seems this is not just a Phantom P2 or Vision issue, but a Naza V2 on a Phantom frame issue.

Dale

Andy T said:
BigBadFun said:
damoncooper said:

Smart companies do it all the time.. release "use at your own risk" beta versions... seems like a perfect time for DJI to be a smart company.
DJI should release the current 3.05 firmware that they have and let everyone that wants to download it at their own risk to do so and leave the current 3.04 up on the site for people that don't need it or want the 3.05 firmware. I said it months ago , DJI will probably come out with a new phantom version 3 and not even release the Fix. Now I read there going to be a second beta and not a general release , that's bulls&&&. It's going on 4 months and no fix. You Su&& DJI. Oh than there's the people that have the fix and it's a lot better flying the phantom for them ( beta testers ) but they aren't pushing for a general release and as I stated let us all download it if we want and also DJI can make the tweaks as they need even if the 3.05 was released. I have $1500 invested and I friggin want my Phantom fixed.

ianwood said:
I have been told by DJI that the 2nd beta is going through final checks and should be sent to us for testing very soon. If that goes well, then it shouldn't be much longer before everyone has it. Hopefully the yaw instability is addressed as well. It's been a long haul but we're close enough to the goal to keep going. Hang in there.
It's not going to be perfect ( you keep adding more and more you want in the fix ) and now there's going to be a second beta to be tested . Screw this , 4 months , it's summer now and summer will be over before any fix if it is ever released. You have your phantom flying pretty straight and normal so your in no hurry. This is BS .

droneranger said:
ianwood said:
I have been told by DJI that the 2nd beta is going through final checks and should be sent to us for testing very soon. If that goes well, then it shouldn't be much longer before everyone has it. Hopefully the yaw instability is addressed as well. It's been a long haul but we're close enough to the goal to keep going. Hang in there.
My fear here is that the 2nd beta will have a "wait time" at least as long as the first one. That places the release timeframe at least a month away, at a minimum. What I don't understand is, if as it appears from the beta testers, the fix has solved the majority of the issues we've been complaining about for so long with few, if any, negative impacts, why they don't release 3.05 NOW so that we can take advantage of the corrections? OK, so there is still a yaw problem. Deal with that in the next release.

Please understand that I feel Ianwood's contributions and leadership have been outstanding. We could not have a better advocate in dealing with DJI. I am just so tired of these seemingly endless delays in getting the fix out to the rest of us.

I agree with you 100% droneranger , release what they have it fixed the worst problems and than just keep tweaking the firmware after the release . DJI has done this in the past. It won't be until a couple more months if there is a fix released. I haven't flown my P2 in months because of this j hooking and TBE. So I am pissed , I spent my money on their product plus all the extras from DJI and can't use it in fear of a crash and safety issue. DJI RELEASE 3.05 it fixes the worst of the problems.

Lenny7118 said:
droneranger said:
ianwood said:
My fear here is that the 2nd beta will have a "wait time" at least as long as the first one. That places the release timeframe at least a month away, at a minimum. What I don't understand is, if as it appears from the beta testers, the fix has solved the majority of the issues we've been complaining about for so long with few, if any, negative impacts, why they don't release 3.05 NOW so that we can take advantage of the corrections? OK, so there is still a yaw problem. Deal with that in the next release.

Please understand that I feel Ianwood's contributions and leadership have been outstanding. We could not have a better advocate in dealing with DJI. I am just so tired of these seemingly endless delays in getting the fix out to the rest of us.

I agree with you 100% droneranger , release what they have it fixed the worst problems and than just keep tweaking the firmware after the release . DJI has done this in the past. It won't be until a couple more months if there is a fix released. I haven't flown my P2 in months because of this j hooking and TBE. So I am pissed , I spent my money on their product plus all the extras from DJI and can't use it in fear of a crash and safety issue. DJI RELEASE 3.05 it fixes the worst of the problems.
Yep ....x2

I have an idea. Let's all put pressure on DJI so they work fast to issue a fix... oh, wait.

So did that second beta ever show up?

I just traveled on vacation to the Bahamas that has very low magnetic declination. It was like flying a new machine. No right pull or J hook. Back home... same ol same ol.

Lenny7118 said:
It's not going to be perfect ( you keep adding more and more you want in the fix ) and now there's going to be a second beta to be tested . Screw this , 4 months , it's summer now and summer will be over before any fix if it is ever released. You have your phantom flying pretty straight and normal so your in no hurry. This is BS .

Whining like a spoiled child isn't going to make it happen any faster. And you need to learn to read before you post because most everything you are saying is pretty much totally wrong. As just one example, we've added nothing to the beta to be fixed outside of this issue. You can start by reading the 108 pages of this thread. You will learn a lot.

Lenny7118 said:
Have you contacted DJI support and requested the fix? have you posted your problems to their Facebook page? I have been bugging them about it but I sure don't see too many complaining about it there. No complaining brings no action. Doesn't do much good just one or two complaints a week. If they had 10 or 20 or 50 (from different people) i'm sure the fix would come faster.

Andy T said:
Lenny7118 said:
Have you contacted DJI support and requested the fix? have you posted your problems to their Facebook page? I have been bugging them about it but I sure don't see too many complaining about it there. No complaining brings no action. Doesn't do much good just one or two complaints a week. If they had 10 or 20 or 50 (from different people) i'm sure the fix would come faster.

Most everyone seems to get it but for those that still don't, let me see if I can simplify this even further.

Lesson 1: Understanding When to Act

Day 1: Dog craps on carpet. Punish the dog.
Day 2: Dog craps outside. Don't punish the dog even if you're still pissed about the carpet.
Day 3+: The dog gets the message and craps outside.

Lesson 2: How to be Influential in Social Media

Very effective: Tactical, coordinated strike using attention grabbing graphics and videos posted by dozens of people all in a very concentrated period of time.

Totally ineffective: You, by yourself, posting a big block of text to DJI's FB page complaining about how your Phantom doesn't work.

The Drunken Sparrow could be dumping copious amounts of bird droppings all over DJI's social media within the week if they don't deliver the 2nd beta or at least have a valid reason for its delay.

So far, this approach has gotten us very close to a fix. It may be taking much longer than any of us can bare but it is still the most effective plan we have. If someone wants to suggest something that will realistically make it happen faster, I am all ears.

ianwood said:
Andy T said:
Lenny7118 said:

Most everyone seems to get it but for those that still don't, let me see if I can simplify this even further.

Lesson 1: Understanding When to Act

Day 1: Dog craps on carpet. Punish the dog.
Day 2: Dog craps outside. Don't punish the dog even if you're still pissed about the carpet.
Day 3+: The dog gets the message and craps outside.

Lesson 2: How to be Influential in Social Media

Very effective: Tactical, coordinated strike using attention grabbing graphics and videos posted by dozens of people all in a very concentrated period of time.

Totally ineffective: You, by yourself, posting a big block of text to DJI's FB page complaining about how your Phantom doesn't work.

The Drunken Sparrow could be dumping copious amounts of bird droppings all over DJI's social media within the week if they don't deliver the 2nd beta or at least have a valid reason for its delay.

So far, this approach has gotten us very close to a fix. It may be taking much longer than any of us can bare but it is still the most effective plan we have. If someone wants to suggest something that will realistically make it happen faster, I am all ears.
I am eager to help if they don't respond. Count me in!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor