first time maybe my last

I have found in very short order that both apps do NOT like being on my iPhone at the same time..At least for my new Mavic Pro..The video kept disconnecting last night when using either app. So I removed one and the other then worked flawlessly..

Like flashbuddy says, if you don't trust in it don't use it, but i myself think Litchi is a great app, and i use it a lot, normally RTH works perfectly. But on the otherhand, if i lose my p4 to that, i can get a p4p or p5 when it comes out;)

i'm glad you chimed in with your grand insight . Thanks
I'm here for you buddy, anytime :) We should follow one another. Could be mutually beneficial.

I have found in very short order that both apps do NOT like being on my iPhone at the same time..At least for my new Mavic Pro..The video kept disconnecting last night when using either app. So I removed one and the other then worked flawlessly..
i close out the apps when not in use . shouldn't make a difference . but IF it does i'm not getting a second device just to operate an app . I came here with a specific issue with the first time using litchi If it were not having a back up app to turn on I may have sunk my p4 . seems most here don't care about crashing . just get another Drone . i can't afford to take unnecessary risks , I'll work with the litchi and see if i can regain trust in it. But won't count on it 100% yet.

Just wanted to say thanks to all for your opinions . still at a loss as to why litchi froze up ? nothing in flight log .

can't comment on the iPhone, but both play nice on my iPad mini 4.

I run both apps on my iPhone 6+, obviously not at the same time, and have never had a problem with my P4. I often switch between both during flight, just need to make sure only one is running with any other apps shut down.

I have the mini 4 , wouldn't think both apps being on the same device would amount to a hill of beans. going to go out and give litchi another try in a minute and start fresh .

i close out the apps when not in use . shouldn't make a difference . but IF it does i'm not getting a second device just to operate an app . I came here with a specific issue with the first time using litchi If it were not having a back up app to turn on I may have sunk my p4 . seems most here don't care about crashing . just get another Drone . i can't afford to take unnecessary risks , I'll work with the litchi and see if i can regain trust in it. But won't count on it 100% yet.
Is it a P3S? If so, Litchi says not to have both apps installed on the same device. Also, controlling your phantom can be done without any app at all. The RTH behavior is uploaded into the Phantom after you make the settings in the app. So you can make the settings in the app, then disconnect the device all together and still fly and the RTH functions will still behave as you set them in the app. So, if you had an issue with the RTH, it is likely that you have something set incorrectly, you didn't have enough satellites for a RTH or it was never initiated.
Also, RTH with Litchi can only be done with the button on the remote, the Litchi app has no RTH button like the DJI GO app does.

Is it a P3S? If so, Litchi says not to have both apps installed on the same device. Also, controlling your phantom can be done without any app at all. The RTH behavior is uploaded into the Phantom after you make the settings in the app. So you can make the settings in the app, then disconnect the device all together and still fly and the RTH functions will still behave as you set them in the app. So, if you had an issue with the RTH, it is likely that you have something set incorrectly, you didn't have enough satellites for a RTH or it was never initiated.
Also, RTH with Litchi can only be done with the button on the remote, the Litchi app has no RTH button like the DJI GO app does.
I have the P4 . no issues with RTH with dji . have not tried the RTH while running Litchi which i ran last night for a 20 MIN flight . things went ok the video feedback was a bit glitchy but for the most part the bird flew fine . It seems the only advantage of Litchi is planning missions [way point ] and pano . not sure what else is improved over the dJI app . i did notice you can't hand grab the drone in litchi as it won't shut down like it does in Dji go . will give it more flight time in litchi enough for me to feel real comfortable using the app and then decide which i like best .

" video feedback was a bit glitchy" - Not related to the app, but your connection. Video on the SD card should be DJI flawless.

" i did notice you can't hand grab the drone in litchi as it won't shut down like it does in Dji go" - You can! You just have to exit out of mission mode and back to FPV. Move your switch from P to A and back again; control is returned to you. Interesting to note here the pause button can be pressed during a mission. The bird will stop and hover, but still be in the mission, which can then be resumed.

More info:
Help - Litchi
Kinakailangan ang Pagtiyak sa Seguridad

i did notice you can't hand grab the drone in litchi as it won't shut down like it does in Dji go . will give it more flight time in litchi enough for me to feel real comfortable using the app and then decide which i like best .
I hand catch in Litchi all the time - just hold the left stick down to turn off the motors.

For me Litchi provides way more than the GO app does for my P3S. Yesterday I tried out the orbit feature and it worked beautifully - the orbit video was super stable and the camera remained focused on the POI, something I could never have accomplished without the orbit feature. So far I have tried Waypoint missions, orbit, and pano. I use the pano feature all the time. For me, Litchi has been more than worth it.

You certainly can hand catch your Phantom using Litchi, I use Litchi pretty much everyday & I;m in the habit of hand catching because of the terrain where I fly. Using Litchi for approx. 6 months & have never had a glitch.
P3A

" video feedback was a bit glitchy" - Not related to the app, but your connection. Video on the SD card should be DJI flawless.

" i did notice you can't hand grab the drone in litchi as it won't shut down like it does in Dji go" - You can! You just have to exit out of mission mode and back to FPV. Move your switch from P to A and back again; control is returned to you. Interesting to note here the pause button can be pressed during a mission. The bird will stop and hover, but still be in the mission, which can then be resumed.

More info:
Help - Litchi
Kinakailangan ang Pagtiyak sa Seguridad

Ok. connection was very good . understand that low signal will cause this . not so bad with the dji .
I was in FPV mode to whole time . never ran a mission this was the first flight with litchi that it did not drop the ball .while hovering i grabbed just like i do when operating in DJI went to shut down and it would not . i had to go back to hover and land on the ground which i do not like . Just more bugs to work out and more learning about this app .
Thanks for you input i would rather know what to do before something happens then learn the hard way .

You certainly can hand catch your Phantom using Litchi, I use Litchi pretty much everyday & I;m in the habit of hand catching because of the terrain where I fly. Using Litchi for approx. 6 months & have never had a glitch.
P3A
well it would not shut down for me . i held the drone and went through the motor shut down left stick down and right , held it there the motors slowed down but would not shut off . i had to go back to hover and land on the ground . maybe it's different for a P4. I to prefer to hand catch and hate having to land on the ground . it's so mush easier to hand catch and much less stress on the bird . I wish i had your experience with Litchi mine has not been so smooth . 2 flights with Litchi and both times something did not do what it should have . will keep trying till it's right or will drop it . only time will tell

I hand catch in Litchi all the time - just hold the left stick down to turn off the motors.

For me Litchi provides way more than the GO app does for my P3S. Yesterday I tried out the orbit feature and it worked beautifully - the orbit video was super stable and the camera remained focused on the POI, something I could never have accomplished without the orbit feature. So far I have tried Waypoint missions, orbit, and pano. I use the pano feature all the time. For me, Litchi has been more than worth it.

I have used POI in DJI with out problem . works like a charm . i need more use with Litchi before i hand a mission over to it and Pano looks interesting . so time will tell how well it all comes together

well it would not shut down for me . i held the drone and went through the motor shut down left stick down and right , held it there the motors slowed down but would not shut off . i had to go back to hover and land on the ground . maybe it's different for a P4. I to prefer to hand catch and hate having to land on the ground . it's so mush easier to hand catch and much less stress on the bird . I wish i had your experience with Litchi mine has not been so smooth . 2 flights with Litchi and both times something did not do what it should have . will keep trying till it's right or will drop it . only time will tell
For me on my P3S when I hand catch, I hold the left stick straight down to shut the motors off, not down and to the right. Don't know if it is any different on a P4 but it works perfectly on my Standard.

I have used POI in DJI with out problem . works like a charm . i need more use with Litchi before i hand a mission over to it and Pano looks interesting . so time will tell how well it all comes together
With Litchi on my Standard I can plan my waypoint missions on my computer or on my phone without being connected to the AC, not sure if you can do this with GO on a P4 but I know it cannot be done with GO on a Standard. I would have to fly to the waypoints first before planning a mission which to me makes no sense at all - why even have waypoint missions on GO if you have to fly the route first???

Reactions: NoCoDrones
With Litchi on my Standard I can plan my waypoint missions on my computer or on my phone without being connected to the AC, not sure if you can do this with GO on a P4 but I know it cannot be done with GO on a Standard. I would have to fly to the waypoints first before planning a mission which to me makes no sense at all - why even have waypoint missions on GO if you have to fly the route first???
Agreed !that's the way it is on dji go . makes no sense to have to fly to and mark waypoints . one big reason I'm giving Litchi a try . time will tell

I hand catch my P4 all the time in both GO and Litchi fpv, not sure if it makes a difference, but I hold the left stick straight down (and not to the right) and no problems. Once the drone thinks it has stopped descending, i.e. you're holding it nice and stable, it will shut down. Don't think the app has anything to do with it as you are communicating directly to the drone from your RC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT