first time maybe my last

Reaction score
Just tried the litchi app for the first time this evening , Maybe my last .what went wrong . connected up to the drone . everything a GO took off flew out about 1200' then drone quit responding to controls . just hovered . RTH on litchi app did nothing , watching my drone 1200 out just hover [thank god] shut down lichi app and went to dji go hit RTH and back she came . now i've lost all confidence in the litchi app not sure i will try again and may try to get a refund . Tell me what went wrong ? All signals good . dji go took over no problem , 1200 is nothing i'm flying over open ground / lake no interference , DJI go has operated with out issue to over 3500' . same place as i' flew the litchi . Not sure i want to even give it another try

Did you have your signal lost behaviour set to RTH?? The RTH button on the controller or in App can't be expected to operate in the absence of a signal connection. You Kay find your lost signal action was hover.

Did you have your signal lost behaviour set to RTH?? The RTH button on the controller or in App can't be expected to operate in the absence of a signal connection. You Kay find your lost signal action was hover.
RTH was set for loss of signal .bird just sat their hovering , no movement from any joy stick input . after a few moments i decided to shut down litchi and open the dji go it took about 15 seconds for the dji go app to connect full signal hit RTH and the bird responded . I should have tried the controls first after switching apps but just wanted the bird back never lost VLOS and never had this happen with dji app . like i mentioned this was the first time using litchi , i did a couple dry runs making sure all setting were same / same as with the dji app . dji app was closed out
so at a loss to what happened just feeling like i wasted 22.99 . no big deal but don't want to lose a $1200 drone over a $23 app . i had high hopes for the litchi app and have read a lot of great reviews but now i'm not so sure

That's unusual for the drone to sit there and hover, I'm assuming you lost signal for whatever reason and your RTH action in Litchi was set to hover. I have just run a litchi mission, pano mode and FPV with no issues and tested the RTH function and it behaves as it should. Have you checked the lost signal action in Litchi as RTH and not hover?
I'm using iOS on a P4 so no issues, if you have an Airdata account with Litchi, it may give you some guidance.

Reactions: cfd701
RTH was set for loss of signal .bird just sat their hovering , no movement from any joy stick input . after a few moments i decided to shut down litchi and open the dji go it took about 15 seconds for the dji go app to connect full signal hit RTH and the bird responded . ...

i had high hopes for the litchi app and have read a lot of great reviews but now i'm not so sure
What you describe could have happened with DJI Go or Litchi
If you had lost signal completely, there's no way you could initiate RTH through the app
You may have just lost downlink which would leave the Phantom hovering waiting for your control input.
If this was the case you still would have had control and could have used the controller button.
And if all else fails, switching off the controller always initiates RTH.

Reactions: Ty Alderdice
RTH was set for loss of signal ,I do not have the airdata will need to set that up . this was the first time using Litchi .i stopped the bird and then she just would not respond to any input , no notification of lost signal . this was the first time using Litchi , i was flying in FPV started out fine but then just stopped . lost confidence and would like to know what happened ,don't want to give up on it yet just don't trust it .

RTH was set for loss of signal ,I do not have the airdata will need to set that up . this was the first time using Litchi .i stopped the bird and then she just would not respond to any input , no notification of lost signal . this was the first time using Litchi , i was flying in FPV started out fine but then just stopped . lost confidence and would like to know what happened ,don't want to give up on it yet just don't trust it .
It's quite simple to download the HD app (unless they have changed the name), register and receive your token, sync your flights through HD and view your flight data through Airdata. The info, although fairly basic, should give you some indication as to what happened.

It's quite simple to download the HD app (unless they have changed the name), register and receive your token, sync your flights through HD and view your flight data through Airdata. The info, although fairly basic, should give you some indication as to what happened.
got into airdata last night .have yet to download the flight data from this flight. though i do have the flight data on dji once i switched over . signal was strong and the dji app saved the day it shows where the bird was once it was turned on that RTH was initiated and then it went to the preset alt of 40m and flew right back to me at 22.5 mph before landing i canceled rth and contuined to fly with dji . i will give litchi another try but limit my flights to 30m . if i can't trust it to go beyond or at least as far as i can go with dji then i'll drop it and get a refund . haven't had this issue with dji and after 67 flights and a total distance of 530,435' this was my first mishap and it was with a 3rd party app . i wish i felt different but litchi will not buy me a new $1200 drone if i lose it . No reason for signal loss in the area i'm flying and have not lost it until now . one thing i thought was waypoint settings .i had played with them but cancelled them all and was in FPV before taking off .maybe Litchi just decided to run a waypoint on it's own where i had just one way point installed . but then again i calcelled that and flew in FPV . beats me as to what happened . guess i'll know more once i get a chance to see the litchi flight data .Which by the way is a pain seems it should all ready be on their app just like dji's is

got into airdata last night .have yet to download the flight data from this flight. though i do have the flight data on dji once i switched over . signal was strong and the dji app saved the day it shows where the bird was once it was turned on that RTH was initiated and then it went to the preset alt of 40m and flew right back to me at 22.5 mph before landing i canceled rth and contuined to fly with dji . i will give litchi another try but limit my flights to 30m . if i can't trust it to go beyond or at least as far as i can go with dji then i'll drop it and get a refund . haven't had this issue with dji and after 67 flights and a total distance of 530,435' this was my first mishap and it was with a 3rd party app . i wish i felt different but litchi will not buy me a new $1200 drone if i lose it . No reason for signal loss in the area i'm flying and have not lost it until now . one thing i thought was waypoint settings .i had played with them but cancelled them all and was in FPV before taking off .maybe Litchi just decided to run a waypoint on it's own where i had just one way point installed . but then again i calcelled that and flew in FPV . beats me as to what happened . guess i'll know more once i get a chance to see the litchi flight data .Which by the way is a pain seems it should all ready be on their app just like dji's is
I, along with so many others, have had nothing but success with Litchi. Flown missions out to ranges in excess of 1600 meters and covering several km with no issues. Willing bet that after you get the log data, you will find that there was some underlying issue not related to the app.

Reactions: cfd701 and Pharm
I am mew to Litchi too. Have been using it since beginning of May on my P3S. Have about 15 flights on it and have not had a single problem. Rarely use GO anymore. Litchi adds so many more features to my Standard

I, along with so many others, have had nothing but success with Litchi. Flown missions out to ranges in excess of 1600 meters and covering several km with no issues. Willing bet that after you get the log data, you will find that there was some underlying issue not related to the app.
Well we will see ! any underlying issue has to be with litchi since i have had no problems with dji or even after dji picked up where litchi dropped the ball . time will tell but it will be a slow process since i do not trust it anymore . i hope you all are right and i get it to work like a charm . if i have time tonight i will get the airdata set up done and a log to see what happened . . not sure i like having to have a separate account at airdata to see flight logs . seems litchi should incorporate that in the app just one more extra step that needs to be taken

You can view GO Flight logs on Airdata as well. It shows you all of the flights that the AC has logged whether they are GO or Litchi. The other thing I like about Airdata is that I can view all my logs on any device at any time.

Give Litchi another try. Litchi gives me features that I don't have with GO on my Standard for example automated panos (extremely useful), Waypoint planning while not connected to AC and from the comfort of my laptop and many others that I haven't yet tried such as orbit, tracking, etc. I also like the fact that Course Lock and Home Lock are on the main screen, not buried in menus. When I first tried a simple Waypoint mission in Litchi, I made some errors (all my fault) and had a minor crash but everything was ok. I learned by my mistakes and the awesome help on these forums. Litchi has already been worth every cent I paid for it.

You can view GO Flight logs on Airdata as well. It shows you all of the flights that the AC has logged whether they are GO or Litchi. The other thing I like about Airdata is that I can view all my logs on any device at any time.

Give Litchi another try. Litchi gives me features that I don't have with GO on my Standard for example automated panos (extremely useful), Waypoint planning while not connected to AC and from the comfort of my laptop and many others that I haven't yet tried such as orbit, tracking, etc. I also like the fact that Course Lock and Home Lock are on the main screen, not buried in menus. When I first tried a simple Waypoint mission in Litchi, I made some errors (all my fault) and had a minor crash but everything was ok. I learned by my mistakes and the awesome help on these forums. Litchi has already been worth every cent I paid for it.
Well I haven't given up just yet , crashing is not an option , you crash you die [most likely] . Got Airdata downloaded the one flight i had with Litchi , it tells me nothing , distance i know 1215' alt 79 . speed 20.x and that's really it . it does not explain why the bird quit accepting input and just hovered . am i missing something ?

Forget Litchi. That app is not for you. Stick with the company app. Protect yor warranry, your drone and your sanity. Don't be an adventurous maverick. Don't fly with Litchi. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. You will know best. You know the problem lies with Litchi. You know it can't be trusted. DJI Go is the way to go for you.

image.jpg
Well I haven't given up just yet , crashing is not an option , you crash you die [most likely] . Got Airdata downloaded the one flight i had with Litchi , it tells me nothing , distance i know 1215' alt 79 . speed 20.x and that's really it . it does not explain why the bird quit accepting input and just hovered . am i missing something ?
Have you scrolled through the different tabs on the flight data? Any tips or warnings should appear indicating what the drone was doing on the general screen and you can drill down from there.
I posted a screenshot of one of my flights as an example.

Forget Litchi. That app is not for you. Stick with the company app. Protect yor warranry, your drone and your sanity. Don't be an adventurous maverick. Don't fly with Litchi. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. You will know best. You know the problem lies with Litchi. You know it can't be trusted. DJI Go is the way to go for you.
I think that's a bit harsh given myself and countless others use Litchi with no issue. You have to learn how to use it just like the GO app, this forum is littered with many more mishaps using the proprietary app from people not fully understanding how it works.

I think that's a bit harsh given myself and countless others use Litchi with no issue. You have to learn how to use it just like the GO app, this forum is littered with many more mishaps using the proprietary app from people not fully understanding how it works.
I know, agree, personally love and have had great success with Litchi - but it isn't for everyone. Can't put a square peg in a round hole, can you?

I know, agree, personally love and have had great success with Litchi - but it isn't for everyone. Can't put a square peg in a round hole, can you?
I guess we are here helping the OP build his understanding and confidence with Litchi and the same could be said of the DJI GO app which still seems to confound some people. We all have different learning curves and in my case took tiny steps with Litchi, read this forum intensively and don't use any of the features within it until I understand what may or may not happen.
I am indeed that square peg in a round hole...

View attachment 83034
Have you scrolled through the different tabs on the flight data? Any tips or warnings should appear indicating what the drone was doing on the general screen and you can drill down from there.
I posted a screenshot of one of my flights as an example.
Yes , all is good ,some key data of the flight was not recorded simply said not enough flight time like sensor .still at a loss as to why it stopped only 1.47 flight time . green line out to 1215 feet and then nothing . I'll take my time to make sure i know how to use the app completely and not by test flights . thanks for your help

i'm glad you chimed in with your grand insight . Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom