First Litchi Mission

Reaction score
So I got the nerve up to finally take that mission I had planned. It was 5.1kms round trip, taking around 15 minutes.

It was awesome. A couple unexpected things happened.
1. Although I lost R/C signal at around 800m (I think), I had video right up to the furthest point, which was 2100m, but never got a black screen. It got choppy etc but still had something on screen. Which brings me to point 2.
2. At that 2100m point as the video was very choppy, pixelated, I noticed on the screen the battery level went to red and reading zero and flashing red. At this point I thought..... well I'm sure you know what I thought hehe, but after about 5 seconds (when I was clinically dead) the battery level was reading 74% and that's when it started coming back (continuing it's mission), and that's when I started getting a pulse again.

Along the way it took a couple pics and video. My gimble aim was not as good as I wanted it, need to point lower, but apart from that it all went really good. Came home with 44% battery

Just one question: Is it normal for the battery to show zero and flashing red when video is on the border of being lost?

Reactions: subek
Have not done a mission yet, but if your remote can't pick up the Phantom, your app is not receiving data from the Phantom.

Rod

Your video is transmitting on a different frequency. You got the zero battery and flashing red because your controller lost signal to the drone.

I realise the video and control are on 2 different frequencies but I had never noticed before when taking it out of range that it would show me basically a flat battery signal.

Unless you have a connection, the Litchi App would have no way of knowing how much juice is left in your batteries. It's just like opening up the app all by itself (no drone, no controller)

Actually, the video and telemetry are using WiFi signals on two different channels, so your Phantom could actually see the Remote, and your app could still be getting video, but you should have lost all data if your battery level data was not being received. If its something I don't about litchi please correct me.

Rod

Unless you have a connection, the Litchi App would have no way of knowing how much juice is left in your batteries. It's just like opening up the app all by itself (no drone, no controller)

So you're saying I still had control signal at 2.1kms(when the low batt came on)? Looking at the stats from healthydrones, it says signal was very weak at the furthest point, but does that mean very weak or disconnected? Who can actually tell me looking at the screenshot I posted?

Upload you flight to,

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
and share the url link of your results here.

also share the link of your health drones flight here.

Added: I have looked at and there is no usable data.

Rod

Yep, just looked at the first one. May seem odd that your log it still showed 15v, with 0%.

But

How often is the battery % calculated, and where is this calculated?
Probably the app? If the app has to calculate with code or not. Still some kind value has to logged and displayed. With data loss over how much time, is values going to valid. The logger data probably can only contain a integer, so if there is character value like "NA" or even a blank (empty " ") it can not be saved as such it has to a number.

As you can see the log is saved up to 3 times a second, when you see the date loss at (6m 24.1s) for 21 sec and battery = 0.

I see what I thought.

Sorry, I wrote this reply, like I think, twisted. :rolleyes:

Now my question, is this log must be from litchi? Because your supposed to have go shut down?
I see your using an android.

Can anybody tell me on a IOS, how to make sure Go is not going to interfere?

Rod

Yes this log is from litchi, and the DJI Go app was forced closed as I always make sure I do when I fly with Litchi.

Yes this log is from litchi, and the DJI Go app was forced closed as I always make sure I do when I fly with Litchi.

Thanks, IOS how do make sure?

First - let's establish three areas regarding telemetry: In range, edge of range, and out of range. Edge of range is an intermittent signal.

My experience is that sometimes when you're on the edge of range, when the signal is intermittent, the Litchi log will sometimes become incomplete at that point. Rather than just stop recording, some of the columns will record perfectly, and some of the columns won't record anything new. That is, they become redundant and repeat the same info as the cell above, in that particular column.

As you get further out of range, all the columns will become redundant. And that happens about the same time your screen freezes up. Often the log will still record info, but it'll just be repeating the line above it, over and over, even when it senses no signal at all.

This is usually corrected as the AC gets closer and comes into range.

But this doesn't explain a 0% battery reading. The only thing I can think of that would cause this is actually turning off the controller or the mobile device or otherwise backing out of the Litchi app so that the log had to start over again. In that case, as the AC came into the edge of range, the log would have no starting points, and if the log had only some of the columns valid, the other columns would show a zero.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
When I use Litchi and my bird gets out of range I always get 0% battery. I just assume its because I lost telemetry.

On iOS to force close apps double click home button and swipe the apps up to remove then hold power button until the screen to turn off comes up,after that screen appears hold down the home button until your home page appears

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: RodPad
On iOS to force close apps double click home button and swipe the apps up to remove then hold power button until the screen to turn off comes up,after that screen appears hold down the home button until your home page appears

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Thanks!

Short version, Close all apps, and Reboot! :)

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak