first flight - flew in 15' circles

Reaction score
Just did my first flight. Got everything connected and synced. Calibrated the compass as directed both horizontal and vertical. Got a slow flashing green light, 7 sattelites showed on the screen. Took off gently and the phantom proceeded to fly around in 15-20 foot circles with hands off the sticks. Because it was moving it was problem to land and tipped it over on the first landing. No damage. Seems I have read somewhere that this circling means something. Any ideas? Thanks

usaken said:
Just did my first flight. Got everything connected and synced. Calibrated the compass as directed both horizontal and vertical. Got a slow flashing green light, 7 sattelites showed on the screen. Took off gently and the phantom proceeded to fly around in 15-20 foot circles with hands off the sticks. Because it was moving it was problem to land and tipped it over on the first landing. No damage. Seems I have read somewhere that this circling means something. Any ideas? Thanks

where did you do your calibration?

usaken said:
calibrated it in the middle of a field

ok.. I had the same issue with mine when I first got it because I calibrated indoors..recalibrated outside and then it was fine. I would do an advanced IMU calibration in phantom assistant and then do another compass calibration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez